[Spoilers] Criticize Without Repercussion

teemo

So, I've watched the episode now: Overall very meh.

My highlight were the Leaves of Lorien, the scene was exactly like we imagined it nine months ago. I actually had to bite my hand not to burst out laughing loudly in front of my mostly Unsullied flatmates. Please, someone make a video with this scene an Viggo Mortensen's voice over it!!!

Killing Doran, Areo and Trystane was just terrible. The execution was illogcal and lazy but what bugged my most is the message: It's "honor gets you killed", again and again "if you don't seek revenge, you're weak" and so on. They even had Trystane do some painting to show how "soft" and "unmanly" he is. I really hope the books paint a different pictur

Why the hell would Thorne leave his body sitting there in a random corner if he actually planned on excising the traitors in the rank? Kill Jon Snow and then quickly end any of his closest friends, and then burn the bodies... 

Why do D&D so enjoy portraying well written characters as complete morons? Or do they just love insulting the viewer's intelligence?

6 minutes ago, Mathis of Rowan said:

So, I've watched the episode now: Overall very meh.

My highlight were the Leaves of Lorien, the scene was exactly like we imagined it nine months ago. I actually had to bite my hand not to burst out laughing loudly in front of my mostly Unsullied flatmates. Please, someone make a video with this scene an Viggo Mortensen's voice over it!!!

Killing Doran, Areo and Trystane was just terrible. The execution was illogcal and lazy but what bugged my most is the message: It's "honor gets you killed", again and again "if you don't seek revenge, you're weak" and so on. They even had Trystane do some painting to show how "soft" and "unmanly" he is. I really hope the books paint a different pictur

The storyline doesn't have any sense at all!!!!!!!

4 minutes ago, Mathis of Rowan said:

100% agree with this!!!There was a lot in the episode that I liked, but the Dornish arc really brought it down a bit for me. I highly doubt this is how it will work out in the books, where Obara and Areo are headed for High Hermitage and Myrcella, Nym and Tyene for KL. I can see Doran dying when Daenerys descends on Dorne and punishes him for choosing Young Griff, but I cannot see the pacifist Ellaria killing him. 

At this point, GOT is not only too big to fail but also to care.  This show is worldwide. If the Beatles where around now(not that much of a fan, only using for dramatic purposes) that famous line would read " we're bigger than Game of Thrones". There is no other excuse for this type of sloppy writing & plot progression/direction, sexism, homophobia, racism, etc etc other than "you're still gonna watch".

11 minutes ago, Fredwin said:

Why the hell would Thorne leave his body sitting there in a random corner if he actually planned on excising the traitors in the rank? Kill Jon Snow and then quickly end any of his closest friends, and then burn the bodies... 

Why do D&D so enjoy portraying well written characters as complete morons? Or do they just love insulting the viewer's intelligence?

You know, I'd be fine with him trying to spare them to perserve the strength of the watch (the people in that room are something like 8% of the forces at Castle Black).  But you'd think he'd try to convince them (and I'm fine if they do this next episode, not that they will) with the same mantra that convinced the ones who called him traitor in the mess hall.  

There are little steps that they can take that would help with the way they set the characters up at (even if they are different from the books).  But they just never take those little steps.

Just now, JonSnow4President said:

There are little steps that they can take that would help with the way they set the characters up at (even if they are different from the books).  But they just never take those little steps.

Exactly, but wouldn't you also think that if you just went through the lengths Throne did of murdering the Lord Commander, you would at least hide the body? Would it really do to have some random watchman discover the body and cause some sort of riot?

ummm ok even assuming the "logic" behind faularia and the sand worms killing Doran cause he aint all about the revenge.

Why kill Trystane?  What did he do wrong in their eyes?  Was that even seeded or mentioned? Did I miss something?

My n1 criticisism for 6 is for......................................DORNE!! FUCKING dorne!!! Fellaria!!!!!!! Amazing comedy, just perfection!!And The Sand Snakes, my idols!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:bowdown::bowdown: They will rule Dorne!!!!!!!!!!:bowdown::bowdown::bowdown:

n2. I laughed a lot with Brienne!!!!!! But, I'm ok with her because she is just super brute and perfect....she comes to save the day...

n3. And Pod has learned a lot from her :) (not really a rant)

n4. Tyrion and Varys were booooring................

n5. Ser Alliser Speech

Jaime....well....he needs time. He is not as smart than Book Jaime....but as soon as he finds SuperBrienne he will fall in love with her again

Status on the Great Houses

Dorne/Martells-Dead

Stormlands/Baratheon-Dead

The Watch/Tyrells-Father Baffoon/Son and Daughter in Prison/line likely to end

The Riverlands-Edmure Tully Alive(?) Prisoner of the Freys-possible future Tully/Frey baby

Westerlands-Lannister-Tywin Dead/Cersei-Jamie dead people walking (Cersei ineligible to rule/Jamie a Kingsguard)/Joffrey & Myrcella Dead/Tommen dead man walking(?)/Kevan Lannister-dead man walking(?)/Lancel-zealot-not interested in ruling-no future ruler

The Vale/Arynn-Lord Jon Dead/Lysa Dead/Ser Robin TBD probably dead man walking-no future ruler

The North/Stark-Ned Dead, Cat Dead, Robb Dead, Arya becoming faceless man, Sansa is now a legal Bolton &/or Lannister, Bran and Rickon alive and TBD though Rickon likely dead man walking

Iron Islands/Greyjoy-The One True King Balon Greyjoy still reigns/Theon don't know what is going to happen there, Yarasha-TBD/Victarion TBD

The great houses aint so great any more

53 minutes ago, Ser Greenseer said:

Yes...

So that makes it 2 great houses go extinct in 2 episodes.

The irony is that both houses died as a result of kinslaying.

Hmmm technically Gendry is still around so House Baratheon still has a chance of surviving in the all too slim likelihood he gets legitimized. 

Martells on the other hand. It would appear that every single male who has a chance of passing on the name (which was like 3 guys) are dead so yea....

Allister Thorne, you've just commited treason!  What are going to do now?  Leave the body on display as he if deserved death for being a traitor then back track in your speech about the guy saying he meant well.

So, Sansa was right about one thing.  Taking a dip in the cold of the North in early winter without stopping to dry themselves out would mean certain and fairly quick death.  This one isn't even hard, have none of the writers ever read any Jack London?

I laughed out loud at Brienne's arrival.  And through most of the scene.  And then some more at the oath taking.

Dorne.... I can't even.

The Tyrion/Varys scene was also laughable.  Hey guys, Tyrion made a joke about Varys's penis.  Or lack thereof?  Who knew the dwarf was a frat boy in a former life.

The Bro-thraki were Bro-tastic.  Don't forget Bros, dem womenz are good for being hot, but don't let them know that.  Gotta remind them they ain't the most important thing around, so they know their place...

Oh hai Larry.  Guess you are never going to actually make a heel-face turn.  Gratz on being bad fan-fiction, the kind written by people who don't understand a character but are very sure of how cool they are.

Lena Heady please stop trying to bring my Sara Connor into your Cersei, makes me sad.

And the Melisandre 'reveal'... haha Stannis was doing a hosebeast, Bro.  What a nerd.

Ser Allison's reasoning for killing Jon Snow

1. He let the wildings through the gate

2. He let the wildings settle on the gift

There is no doubt as the above being the reasons as they were stated as such in the show.

1. The Watch has indisputable proof that dead wildings become ice zombies.

Therefore, Jon Snow's actions were at the very least REASONABLE.  Why does NOONE comment on this fact?

oh yeah bad writing.

and the show at least will realize that the wildings will take umbrage with Jon Snow's killing, Edd will see to that, which makes Thorne's actions even MORE stupid in that he is not prepared for that-ie to deal with the Wildings

And this is what bugs me about the fanboys for GoT, they ignore stuff like this.  A very basic plot point.  It is just hand waved away

Oh

I mentioned this yesterday in the heat of the show, but Roose criticizing Ramsey for letting Sansa and Reek to escape was rather stupid cause Ramsey was out beating Stannis, why wasn't ROOSE watching Sansa?

I am not too critical of the Sansa/Reek escape to meet Brienne it did what it was supposed to do, got Sansa and Reek out and meet up with Brienne (as stupid as the plot line is) and of course them jumping off the wall without getting hurt is stupid, but I WISH they had had Sansa do the oath herself and even correct Pod and/or Theon on it, taking charge of the situation, that would have been a great moment for Sansa

I swear to god, if we don't get a scene where Davos shows emotion over Stannis and Shireen, or atleast MENTIONS them, I will go insane. I understand there was a lot going on in this episode so he might not have had time to reflect on it; but I don't even know why hes protecting Jon's body or why he cares about these random Night's Watch brothers hes never met before ? Why does he care ? Also, he never even said ANYTHING to melisandre. He was totally cool with her.  DONT YOU WANT TO KNOW WHAT HAPPENED TO THE PERSON YOU'VE SPENT YOUR ENTIRE LIFE SERVING?????? Is this scene just postponed , or are D&D are seriously just going to pretend like Stannis never happened. Wouldn't be surprised.

5 minutes ago, The Knight of Flours said:

The knight's oath always struck me as more of a Southern thing, so I wasn't bothered by her knowing most of the words but needing a bit of a reminder in the 'second verse'.

The words are the same Catelyn used, which Catelyn specifically uses because of all the times she heard Ned use the same oaths of service for his men.  So you're not-stated-in-the-show handwaving and excuse making is not backed up by the actual story they are adapting, and what may of us are complaining about the show going way off that reservation.

Archived