[Spoilers] Rant and Rave without Reprecussions - Season 6 Edition

Ran

20 hours ago, A Ghost of Someone said:

It is possible. Clearly there was a honeypotting deal between Tywin and Lady Westerling. Her decendency from Maggy the Frogg who was known for her love potions an prophecy is too much of a coincedence.

We are getting off topic, here. There clearly was a deal, yes, but I doubt it involved any sort of love potions....imo, it doesn't fit GRRM's style, it's cheap and turns Robb into an even greater Gary Stu. Let him be human and make mistakes, he'll be more authentic for it.

12 minutes ago, Le Cygne said:

I wonder if Edmure will continue to look hot, all scraggly and dirty and everything. We need a diversion.

Yeah, he would about fit the bill for me, I concur. Besides, someone has to, and poor Larry doesn't cut it in any real sense any more, does he. Might as well give the edge to Edmure here, but I'm still coming to terms with the loss of Jaime beard to match the semblance of his book story arc he was finally allowed to get back. Couldn't they just tack it on somehow going through his Riverlands storyline, quibbles.

I'm also thinking, so far as Oathkeeper, were Brienne to hand it back in the aftermath, that would be the final straw. She's rejecting him as a man, that's what this is about. Carol, however, would never do that, she even got him that golden hand of his, to match the gold in her hair. Before this, I didn't know there were degrees of being matchy-matchy...

29 minutes ago, Étoile du Soir said:

Yeah, he would about fit the bill for me, I concur. Besides, someone has to, and poor Larry doesn't cut it in any real sense any more, does he. Might as well give the edge to Edmure here, but I'm still coming to terms with the loss of Jaime beard to match the semblance of his book story arc he was finally allowed to get back. Couldn't they just tack it on somehow going through his Riverlands storyline, quibbles.

I'm also thinking, so far as Oathkeeper, were Brienne to hand it back in the aftermath, that would be the final straw. She's rejecting him as a man, that's what this is about. Carol, however, would never do that, she even got him that golden hand of his, to match the gold in her hair. Before this, I didn't know there were degrees of being matchy-matchy...

Agree. Larry was Jaime when he was dirty and bearded in the Riverlands. Season 3, that's the way Jaime should be. Now he looks like Joffrey, Sr. They know nothing. That would have made things easier to take right there. Adjusting his hotness quotient back to where it should be.

I agree, that could be the final straw. She'd be handing him back his penis (if the show actually got phallic symbolism). I am just thinking maybe they use it as a wake-up call, that their mission that should be front and center, she's giving up, because he gave up.

There's also this, the Blackfish reminds him of his vow: "I assume you're here to fulfill the vow you gave my niece. I don't see Sansa and Arya."..."I don't have them."... "Pity. Do you wish to resume your captivity?"

And he calls him an oathbreaker.

I guess my point of cavilling about older guy-barely legal girl is it's a hoary Hollywood trope, plus, I'm sick of fauxmances like Missworm and of Bronn being elevated to leading man status as a grinned-up character. If screen time is so precious that they've cut out stories I wanted to see, can they stop adding ones I don't?

BTW, in show Brienne KNOWS that oathkeeper was made from Ice, therefore she KNOWS that it comes from the Stark's sword. Even basic decency would recognize she should give it to Sansa to give her a quantum of solace.  Just a piece of her father and his legacy.

Does anyone in GoT have ANY basic human decency?

45 minutes ago, SerMixalot said:

Does anyone in GoT have ANY basic human decency?

Short answer, no.

Long answer, hell no. This is the Brute we're talking about - the woman who swaggered up to Davos and coldly bragged about killing the king he loved.  We should not expect any decency from her.  If we get any at this point, it will be completely OOC.

Any takers on showtime length tonight? 

Last week the credits started rolling at the 51.5 minute mark. (I guess this was a budget issue?) 

Im thinking 50.25 minutes because the show needs to fast forwarding through deaths. 

3 minutes ago, The Fattest Leech said:

Any takers on showtime length tonight? 

Last week the credits started rolling at the 51.5 minute mark. (I guess this was a budget issue?) 

Im thinking 50.25 minutes because the show needs to fast forwarding through deaths. 

It's long, the next three, 59, 60, 69 minutes

I thought getting Sandor back was something!! :)

And I have no doubt that GRRM is going to go with Sandor loves Sansa and she loves him in the books, since she already does and he already does in the show, along with the books. So, if the show doesn't have a romance between them, I'll rant all the way to ranter heaven.

But I still have faith. And so do all the gods, according to the show.

3 hours ago, Le Cygne said:

Well, it's Westeros, and they have already gone there, books and show. My favorite romance has a big age gap, and I truly don't care.

I don't care either.. ( and it's one of my favourite romances)... although, even in the books, I'm not sure that it won't remain a more chivalric kind of love. Either way, I'm fine with it.

But for me , you have a high class problem.. ;) My favourite romance (stewing on the edge of consummation) is Jon and Val (developing inexorably in the books, IMO) and it appears the show may never introduce her. (And if they do, at this late date, I fear what they may do with her.)

43 minutes ago, The Fattest Leech said:

Wow! Something must be happening then? Interesting. 

" While Jaime weighs his options, Cersei answers a request. Tyrion’s plans bear fruit. Arya faces a new test."

Be afraid. Be very afraid. :rolleyes:

1 minute ago, bemused said:

~snipped~

" While Jaime weighs his options, Cersei answers a request. Tyrion’s plans bear fruit. Arya faces a new test."

Be afraid. Be very afraid. :rolleyes:

This sounds like some hokey physical challenge on a Food Network cooking show where one has to come out on top and the others get voted off.

Would it have been so hard to do this once or twice in the past two seasons? Brienne looking at Jaime and mirroring the  way he looked at her home?

i mean, look both of those actors are pretty good at showing their emotions on their faces (unlike some Kelly C's we may know!) and ... They could have had that instead of Dornish hijinks and Brienne smash and all the rest of this nonsense.

Jaime and Brienne, you pierce my soul. I am half agony, half hope. Tell me not that it is too late, that your precious feelings for each other are gone forever. I offer myself to your relationship with a heart even more your own than when you almost broke it by sexing up Cersei and hulking out on Sandor. Dare not say that a reader forgets sooner than a show-watcher, that his love has an earlier death. I have loved none but you, Jaime and Brienne (nope, not even Tormund!) Unjust the show may have been, weak and resentful you may have made me, but never inconstant. (I'm so sorry, Jane Austen!!) 

i KNOW it's all going to come crashing down, I KNOW they'll screw it up within minutes, but damn it, her FACE!!

4 minutes ago, LadySoftheart said:

Would it have been so hard to do this once or twice in the past two seasons? Brienne looking at Jaime and mirroring the  way he looked at her home?

i mean, look both of those actors are pretty good at showing their emotions on their faces (unlike some Kelly C's we may know!) and ... They could have had that instead of Dornish hijinks and Brienne smash and all the rest of this nonsense.

Jaime and Brienne, you pierce my soul. I am half agony, half hope. Tell me not that it is too late, that your precious feelings for each other are gone forever. I offer myself to your relationship with a heart even more your own than when you almost broke it by sexing up Cersei and hulking out on Sandor. Dare not say that a reader forgets sooner than a show-watcher, that his love has an earlier death. I have loved none but you, Jaime and Brienne (nope, not even Tormund!) Unjust the show may have been, weak and resentful you may have made me, but never inconstant. (I'm so sorry, Jane Austen!!) 

i KNOW it's all going to come crashing down, I KNOW they'll screw it up within minutes, but damn it, her FACE!!

:bowdown:That is all.

1 hour ago, bemused said:

I don't care either.. ( and it's one of my favourite romances)... although, even in the books, I'm not sure that it won't remain a more chivalric kind of love. Either way, I'm fine with it.

But for me , you have a high class problem.. ;) My favourite romance (stewing on the edge of consummation) is Jon and Val (developing inexorably in the books, IMO) and it appears the show may never introduce her. (And if they do, at this late date, I fear what they may do with her.)

Sansa and Sandor, I just love the writing, those two are so sweet about each other, but then he piles on the sexual references. And this is the hit the sheets kind of love, she's going to climb him like a tree. He's doing Cocteau's sexy take on Beauty and the Beast.

(She'll be singing to the Stranger, begging for his kiss...)

Jon and Val, I like that one, too. He loved Ygritte, but Val can cross the line of Wildling and Westeros, like Ygritte never could. He's been teasing that one for a while, I'm sure he's got something in mind there, too. So fingers crossed she's cast next season.

1 hour ago, LadySoftheart said:

I think there's more to come. They are setting up this meeting as something big.

You can just see it, after all this time, they are saying, look at this, pay attention to this. I just can't believe after all of this setup, they are just going to drop it. She even called herself a beast last season, that was about Jaime, not Renly. The Beauty and the Beast story is with Jaime. Not saying they are going to do anything well, but there's more to come.

25 minutes ago, Le Cygne said:

I think there's more to come. They are setting up this meeting as something big.

You can just see it, after all this time, they are saying, look at this, pay attention to this. I just can't believe after all of this setup, they are just going to drop it. She even called herself a beast last season, that was about Jaime, not Renly. The Beauty and the Beast story is with Jaime. Not saying they are going to do anything well, but there's more to come.

@Le Cygne, you are very comforting ;) it makes me think Brienne/Jaime together are somehow important for the series endgame or else I'm sure they would have stuck with the Twincest they love so much. (And I like your caveat that they won't do it well ;) Though NCW & GC are so good together that they might overcome the dialogue now and then.)

Archived