[Spoilers] Criticize Without Repercussion

3 minutes ago, Grizzly Mormont said:

You're missing the point by the widest possible margin. Sweet list of sharp things, though. 

So tell me. By what means should they start killing people to satisfy your dramatic sensibilities? Sarin nerve gas? Run over by early model, open top Rolls Royce?

5 minutes ago, Neds Secret said:

This is the Rant without repercussion thread, the Ranter ranted about the stabbings, enough said!f

That plus the fact that every episode this season has had a surprise stabbing in it. People are being killed far too quickly this season.

You know what bugged the hell out of me? The Royce scene. So Bronze Yohn Royce does not have any loyal knights/guards within his home willing to fight for him? Everyone with just one word of accusation from Littlefinger is ready to seize the man? Plus as someone pointed out earlier the geography of the Vale prevents such an abduction from occurring. The power of Littlefinger's bs was too much for me.

Jonathan Pryce is an amazing actor to make that dross sound so good, but it's still dross he's spouting.

It was all awful. There's another point I haven't seen anyone else make yet: how did Sansa know Roose was dead and that Ramsay killed him?  That's right, no way she could. :bang:

1 minute ago, The Golden Wolf said:

That plus the fact that every episode this season has had a surprise stabbing in it. People are being killed far too quickly this season.

You know what bugged the hell out of me? The Royce scene. So Bronze Yohn Royce does not have any loyal knights/guards within his home willing to fight for him? Everyone with just one word of accusation from Littlefinger is ready to seize the man? Plus as someone pointed out earlier the geography of the Vale prevents such an abduction from occurring. The power of Littlefinger's bs was too much for me.

It's the power of plot convenience. Just like Sand Snakes kill Doran and immediately control all Dorne. Ramsay kills Roose and immediately controls all the north. But when he mutineers kill Jon he has supporters and the mutineers don't immediately take over the watch with one kill. D&D are truly smart.

Just now, Ser Quork said:

Jonathan Pryce is an amazing actor to make that dross sound so good, but it's still dross he's spouting.

It was all awful. There's another point I haven't seen anyone else make yet: how did Sansa know Roose was dead and that Ramsay killed him?  That's right, no way she could. :bang:

Because Ramsay identified himself as the lord of Winterfell. And because everyone with a brain knows, of Roose is dead, Ramsay killed him. 

4 minutes ago, The Golden Wolf said:

Everything about Royce bothers me. Why do we have a doughy, weak Bronze Yohn?

3 minutes ago, Ser Quork said:

Im watching it now (late to the party). About 10 mins in having just arrived, Sansa refers to Roose in the present - i.e. not aware of his death.

I've read 9 pages of rants before watching the episode. Have to say, I'm finding a lot of these complaints unjustified (so far)

37 minutes ago, Forlong the Fat said:

So tell me. By what means should they start killing people to satisfy your dramatic sensibilities? Sarin nerve gas? Run over by early model, open top Rolls Royce?

Lethal injection would be more humane than either of your two suggestions. 

43 minutes ago, House Cambodia said:

Im watching it now (late to the party). About 10 mins in having just arrived, Sansa refers to Roose in the present - i.e. not aware of his death.

I've read 9 pages of rants before watching the episode. Have to say, I'm finding a lot of these complaints unjustified (so far)

No she doesn't, she says Ramsay is warden of the north because Roose is dead because Ramsay killed him. 

44 minutes ago, The Golden Wolf said:

Because no true supporter of house Stark can be a fierce warrior who commands respect with his presence alone?

Correct, and Royces guards are like all guards in Westeros this week, completely unprepared to guard their Lord!

1 hour ago, Forlong the Fat said:

All kinds of magic seems to be awakening. The dragons, the others, resurrections right and left.  Thats one of the elements of the story. Perhaps there will be an answer by the end. 

Yes magic is awekening, but back then magic existed...

4 minutes ago, Neds Secret said:

No she doesn't, she says Ramsay is warden of the north because Roose is dead because Ramsay killed him. 

That was after the letter was read out that was signed Ramsay Bolton, Lord of Winterfell and Warden of the North.

Before the letter arrives she says "Do you think they will be safe here if Roose Bolton remains Warden of the North?"

1 minute ago, Ser Desmond Wine's Bane said:

That was after the letter was read out that was signed Ramsay Bolton, Lord of Winterfell and Warden of the North.

Before the letter arrives she says "Do you think they will be safe here if Roose Bolton remains Warden of the North?"

I doubt Ramsay admits to killing Riose in the letter so I must assume Sansa made a wild guess that Ramsay killed Roose, what do you think?

3 minutes ago, Neds Secret said:

I doubt Ramsay admits to killing Riose in the letter so I must assume Sansa made a wild guess that Ramsay killed Roose, what do you think?

Which would have been fine if the dialogue reflected that, e.g., "If Roose is dead, then I'm sure Ramsay killed him."  Something logical, but that's not what they did - as usual. 

14 minutes ago, Neds Secret said:

Just finished.

Initially she refers to Roose as if he's ruling Winterfell. As she gets to the end of the Pink Letter and reads Ramsey's sign-off, she correctly deduces what's happened. Given she's Ramsey's wife and knows him well, that's entirely believable.

Overall, for me it's the best episode of S6 so far. I don't mind the lack of action as I enjoyed a lot of the dialogue. The High Sparrow's backstory seems to be influenced by the Buddha's Great Renunciation. Tyrion's negotiating was gripping stuff; however, it appears to be following the same pattern as Jon Snow's negotiations with the Wildings. What I can see happening is Missendei being the one to take matters into her own hands. Daenerys did great badass face, quite the contrast to the scared kid in S1E10 - I saw development rather than mere copying there. The Littlefinger/Royse scene was the weakest part, and the Ironborn are looking a tad superfluous at the moment, but for me the episodes are improving week by week and I'm looking forward to where things go now in a way I've been this last fortnight.

8 minutes ago, Neds Secret said:

Not really that wild a guess. She knew Walda was pregnant. She knew Ramsay's nature. Ii have no problem with what she said there.

I do have doubts about her being so ready to accept that Rickon suddenly exists though. That is a leap too far.

Just now, Ser Desmond Wine's Bane said:

I do have doubts about her being so ready to accept that Tommen suddenly exists though. That is a leap too far.

What do you mean? When she was betrothed to Joffrey, Tommen was the baby brother and heir. Do you mean Rickon? Theon told her Rickon and Bran were alive.

4 minutes ago, Ser Desmond Wine's Bane said:

Yeah I mistyped. I did a quick ninga edit attempt but you were too quick for me!

You had me scratching my head also. Lol

Archived