Discussing Sansa XXII: Porcelain, ivory, steel...

Mladen

43 minutes ago, Newstar said:

Got super-shippy vibes from Jon and Sansa's scenes: the big hug, the swelling music, the handholding at the end, etc. etc. "Where will WE go," indeed.

Egh what? From what I saw they were happy to see each other and finally a family member even tho bastard/half-brother. 

45 minutes ago, Newstar said:

Got super-shippy vibes from Jon and Sansa's scenes: the big hug, the swelling music, the handholding at the end, etc. etc. "Where will WE go," indeed.

Plus Jon refers to Ned as Sansa's father. Which I found to be weird. Jon x Sansa shipping! Here we go!

50 minutes ago, Newstar said:

Please!!!! don't want Jon to end up with Sansa. So not in character with their book character arcs.

59 minutes ago, MakeWesterosGreatAgain said:

I have a bad feeling Rickon dies but Sansa becomes lady of winterfell and wardeness of the north. I think she has Jon execute Ramsay or Jon kills him in a trial by combat. Either way, the Wildlings/Mormonts/Manderlays/KnightsOTV are going to squash the little bug

Fixed.

1 hour ago, A Ghost of Someone said:

I think Jon goes to bear Island. I think he and Sansa split up, Davos and Mel with Jon, Brienne and Pod with Sansa. Preview with next week has Sansa confront LF. I look forward to that.

Sansa is also at Bear Island, from the season trailers.  There's not much for them to do separately.

The Sansa/Jon scenes this week were great, but afterward I was thinking about all the stuff they jumped over.  Jon was evidently told about Sansa being Ramsay's wife, given the later scene with the letter, so I'm fine jumping over that.  But, e.g., Jon dying, everything with the White Walkers; given that Sansa's never had anything to do with magic, that seems like a big reveal.  Unless they didn't talk about that and it's coming later.  We can also assume they compared notes on siblings, though since Sansa is sending Brienne away next week perhaps we'll see them talk about Arya beforehand.

1 hour ago, Gertrude said:

I did love the hug - OMG finally, a reunion! But ... anyone kind of put off by Sansa's immediate turn from shell shocked damsel in distress to RAWR  WE MUST FIGHT!. After the letter, yeah, it totally makes sense. Before that though, when here and Jon were having a private moment it seemed like an abrupt turn about for her. Just give her a little time to mentally adjust to her new situation before pulling out the claws, that's all I'm asking.

I did think the writers moved Sansa 360 degrees in three short episodes.  She was a quivering wreck in the first episode, and still passive in the second, and then bang! Queen of the North-in-the-making, a Stark Valkyrie putting heart into her weary brother.  Sophie Turner is doing a fine job; but Sansa's long-awaited turnaround could have been scripted better, as in having her show signs of awakening from passivity to activity in episodes 1 and 2 of the season.

8 minutes ago, Raksha 2014 said:

I did think the writers moved Sansa 360 degrees in three short episodes.  She was a quivering wreck in the first episode, and still passive in the second, and then bang! Queen of the North-in-the-making, a Stark Valkyrie putting heart into her weary brother. 

Maybe she was a quivering wreck in the first episode because she had just leaped off a tower, trudged through snow and freezing water and was tired and hungry? And now that she has met family and got some food into her and she is all warm and cozy, she wants some retribution? Come on guys, not everything needs to be explained.

15 minutes ago, Colonel Green said:

But, e.g., Jon dying, everything with the White Walkers; given that Sansa's never had anything to do with magic, that seems like a big reveal. 

That was my only problem with the scene.  I can understand not getting into the WW yet,  given that the Boltons are up first,  but you'd think that would be a 'holy shit' moment for Sansa,  learning that Jon had died.  I was hoping to see Sansa's reaction to that. 

2 minutes ago, Wilnova said:

Maybe she was a quivering wreck in the first episode because she had just leaped off a tower, trudged through snow and freezing water and was tired and hungry? And now that she has met family and got some food into her and she is all warm and cozy, she wants some retribution? Come on guys, not everything needs to be explained.

Nobody is saying her demeanor starting out wasn't justified -- rather, that it would have been better if there had been more of a bridge.

8 minutes ago, Robb_Warged said:

Guys, in the show, I'm shipping Jon and Sansa now.  

Ewwww. I mean, yes, I understand this on a show level, but I wish the show had a message other than "keep it in the family" and "incest is best"...

8 minutes ago, SamuelVimes said:

Ewwww. I mean, yes, I understand this on a show level, but I wish the show had a message other than "keep it in the family" and "incest is best"...

If R+L=J, then they're cousins.  In context of the medieval setting, what's the big deal? :P

Sansa always wanted that dreamy prince sort of guy.  Jon is the prince that was promised..

Archived