Official Synopsis Released

GeorgeIAF

2 minutes ago, House Cambodia said:

According to WOIAF, there are 227 Valyrian swords knocking around Westeros. 227 That's ridiculous!

It sounds to me like most minor houses have one.  But it's also strange that with 227 Valyrian blades hanging around, GRRM has only revealed a dozen?  And the location of only 7 of those is known..

Heartsbane - Randyll Tarly
Lady Forlorn - Lyn Corbray
Longclaw - Jon Snow
Nightfall - Harras Harlaw
Oathkeeper - Brienne
Red Rain - House Drumm (last reports)
Widows Wail - Tommen (assuming)

Now, in the show, however, the only swords in existence that are mentioned (to my knowledge) are Heartsbane, Longclaw, Oathkeeper, and Widows Wail.  Longclaw and Oathkeeper have come together at the Wall, and I'm expecting Heartsbane to show up (Sam will steal it), and Widows Wail will eventually come back to light as well (maybe Jaime will wield it?).

my guesses for what blood of my blood will be referring to (especially in terms of the Synopsis given): 

an old foe returns" - the old foe that comes back will likely be Walder Frey. the "blood of my blood" tie-in will likely have to do with the idea that a blood rider makes this oath basically saying that he will protect his Khal with his life and that if his Khal dies he will avenge that death. There's some avenging that needs to go on where the Frey's are concerned. so that's my prediction for the first part of the synopsis. "sam and Gilly meet Sam's parents" - Sam meeting his parents fulfills the concept of blood of my blood pretty simply in that its a family reunion and he's passing Gilly's baby off as blood of his blood. "Arya makes a choice" - now here I think Arya will look to fulfill the pact of a blood rider almost to the t. she will abandon the faceless men and choose to go home to avenge her family. "Jamie faces the HS -  I suspect that here there will be a twist. something is going to happen in a big way, in the teaser we hear Jaime say that something has torn his family apart, and I suspect that something is Joff's death. which would require avenging. I also think the blood ties between the Tyrell's and Margaery will come into play (obviously) but I think we can expect (I hope) a pretty big reveal to make this portion of the plot really interesting.

Items not in the synopsis that I think we will see anyway: I do think we will get another stark reunion between Bran and Benjen, I do think we will get another scene of Dany, likely naming her blood riders, and I do think we will see another scene of Jon and Sansa (I think these two scenes - jon and dany - will either bookend the episode or be right next to each other to highlight/foreshadow their parallel stories of being AA and to allude to their possible familial connection.

Spoiler

based on an interview I think we will aslo get a short Ned flashback

I hope the old foe is Walder Frey. I hope he deserts his siege of River Run because sick Ramsay let dogs eat his grandson, so he really shouldn't be in league with the Boltons anymore. Not sure how he will find out about that though, if he does.

9 hours ago, Lady Stouthearted said:

Could all the Houses that have valyrian swords be ancesters of the FM and thus the NK & Friends?

No, the FM used bronze weapons. Valyrian swords were manufactured in the Valyrian Freehold. I guess most of them came to Westeros with the Targaryens, they might have used them as a reward for loyal servants. I don't know if the Andals possessed valyrian swords when they invaded Westeros.

18 hours ago, Princess of Ice and Fire said:

Randyll Tarly is a significant military commander in Westeros and I am looking forward to his debut into the general story line. 

18 hours ago, mattnj81 said:

Same here.

Wasn't it said that he was the only commander that defeated one of Robert Baratheon's forces during the rebellion? Seems like he's a serious badass to me would love to see him cross blades with someone in the show.

1 hour ago, The Hound 25 said:

Wasn't it said that he was the only commander that defeated one of Robert Baratheon's forces during the rebellion? Seems like he's a serious badass to me would love to see him cross blades with someone in the show.

Robert's sole defeat in the rebellion was at the hands of Tarly, though Mace stole the credit turning up after the battle was won.

13 hours ago, DesertRose said:

I hope the old foe is Walder Frey. I hope he deserts his siege of River Run because sick Ramsay let dogs eat his grandson, so he really shouldn't be in league with the Boltons anymore. Not sure how he will find out about that though, if he does.

He couldn't care less. What other Houses internally do is just other houses business. He wouldn't care about fatty. He has enough (Grand-)daughters left and if not he would (let) make new one. 

On the politcal side his allience with the Lannisters is (far) more important to him than the allience with the Boltons. The siege of riverrun is Lannister+Frey and the Boltons are not affectet. So why should he lift the siege to hit the Boltons?

On 5/26/2016 at 6:14 AM, SevasTra82 said:

It sounds to me like most minor houses have one.  But it's also strange that with 227 Valyrian blades hanging around, GRRM has only revealed a dozen?  And the location of only 7 of those is known..

Heartsbane - Randyll Tarly
Lady Forlorn - Lyn Corbray
Longclaw - Jon Snow
Nightfall - Harras Harlaw
Oathkeeper - Brienne
Red Rain - House Drumm (last reports)
Widows Wail - Tommen (assuming)

Now, in the show, however, the only swords in existence that are mentioned (to my knowledge) are Heartsbane, Longclaw, Oathkeeper, and Widows Wail.  Longclaw and Oathkeeper have come together at the Wall, and I'm expecting Heartsbane to show up (Sam will steal it), and Widows Wail will eventually come back to light as well (maybe Jaime will wield it?).

Hasn't been mention in the show, but isn't Daario's arakh also Valyrian steel?

On 5/24/2016 at 3:15 PM, White lilly said:

I think Arya will discover who and/or why someone wants the actress killed and because she has a strong sense of justice, she will deem the reason not good enough and not proceed with it. Jaqen told her there should be a face on the wall so I'm guessing the waif will try to kill her, she will kill the waif instead and flee, probably back to Westeros.

I would bet on this too or something very much on these lines

In Game of Thrones Eddard told Catelyn-

Never ask me about Jon he said,cold as ice.He is of my blood,and that is all you need to know.

now ,this would be a good scene to set up the tower of Joy reveal in a few episodes.

3 hours ago, Visenya the Dragon said:

Ok I have a question. In the trailer for this eposide they have Margarey about to do her walk of atonement. But she did not get her head shaved. Is this due to what your charges are against you? Does she have to walk naked too? 

Silly questions. But I am curious about this and it's  bugging me

Bump

I need some thoughts on this.

I was thinking maybe she chose not to do the walk, and chose a trial by combat. 

6 hours ago, Future Null Infinity said:

I swear some people are insane, I found that some people already rated this episode, who's rating this episode before its airing??

In other news, 3 out of 4 greenseers think this episode ranks a 9 or above!!!

6 minutes ago, Visenya the Dragon said:

Bump

I need some thoughts on this.

I was thinking maybe she chose not to do the walk, and chose a trial by combat. 

Sorry, I don't think you'll get Margaery boobs.

My curiosity is whether her kind treatment of the poor will help her somehow in this, be it through the sparrows or external pressure from the townspeople.

Archived