Arya / Bran theory

Rockville9

Hi.  After S6E5 - The Door, I came up with this theory.

Arya has been way off in Bravos, and is training to become a faceless man/girl.  I've been trying to figure out what her purpose is.  She is given the task of killing one of the actresses, and she starts asking questions, and all that goes into reasoning why she should murder someone.

Bran, off in the Tree, has been pretty integral and I figured that his story would come down to battling the White Walkers.  

In his rouge trip back, when he got touched by the Walker, and all of a sudden, the Walkers could go places that they previously could not, it got me to think that Bran has opened a portal, and that maybe HE is the portal.

So my theory is that the White Walkers will go south of the Wall, and Arya will be given the assignment to kill Bran, so that the White Walker portal will be destroyed, and all the White Walkers that are beyond the portal will die.

38 minutes ago, AryaNymeriaVisenya said:

There will be no assignment. She'll refuse to kill the actress because she's a good woman, kill the Waif, give The Waif's face to Jaquen for the wall, get Needle and go back to Westeros.

I don't know if this is a spoiler, but this seems like a very likely scenario.

No spoiler, just quite obvious. She can't stay there forever. Its clear she'll never be no one. She is true to her moral 'code'. The constant beatdowns are just leading to Arya smacking the Waif to shreds. Jaquen says a face needs to go on the wall no matter what. Seems clear cut. Now who is her ride home?

32 minutes ago, mattnj81 said:

What if Bran will warg into Arya and use her ability to kill, combined with his knowlede of who to kill, to ....you know, kill.

I have a theory that warging someone literally messes up his mind and leaves that person mentally handicapped. Look what happened to Hodor when he warged him, his mind was broken (and helped Bran in a way, making it much easier for him to warg Hodor in present day). I don't think that Bran will warg another person who isn't aware/ready to be warged.

8 minutes ago, GeorgeIAF said:

I have a theory that warging someone literally messes up his mind and leaves that person mentally handicapped. Look what happened to Hodor when he warged him, his mind was broken (and helped Bran in a way, making it much easier for him to warg Hodor in present day). I don't think that Bran will warg another person who isn't aware/ready to be warged.

I agree, I was just throwing some crazy shit out there.

Well, if Bran being "marked" by the WW let the WW's into the cave, it very well could also let them South of the Wall should Bran go there. On the rest of the theory, I have my doubts.

The theater troupe was just a friendly reminder of how the victor is the one that writes history,

1 hour ago, Ice Spider said:

Well, if Bran being "marked" by the WW let the WW's into the cave, it very well could also let them South of the Wall should Bran go there. On the rest of the theory, I have my doubts.

The theater troupe was just a friendly reminder of how the victor is the one that writes history,

I agree. The Wall has to come down by the end of the season one way or another. Originally, I thought it might be Euron with a Horn or something but he has nothing. So its pretty obvious it will be Bran with his WW brand. The only thing is, I don't think he does it willingly or knowingly. Either Meera forces him thru the Wall or he is in his warg state and Meera drags him along as she escapes.

3 hours ago, AryaNymeriaVisenya said:

No spoiler, just quite obvious. She can't stay there forever. Its clear she'll never be no one. She is true to her moral 'code'. The constant beatdowns are just leading to Arya smacking the Waif to shreds. Jaquen says a face needs to go on the wall no matter what. Seems clear cut. Now who is her ride home?

Where does Yara and Theon go? Do they go immediately to Dany or stop in Braavos.

7 hours ago, AryaNymeriaVisenya said:

When he said that, I assumed it was like a threat, "either you kill her or it'll be your face up there". Never considered a third person...

Potential Spoilers Below

Initially when I read the books I associated the Gray Men in TWOT with the shadow assassin’s that Melisandre gave birth to but a more correct assessment would be the Faceless Men of Braavos

“Gray Men are primarily men, though there are occasionally women in their number, and even in the War of the Shadow they had no real use beyond assassination, so far as is known today. It is unknown what promises these people have been given by the Dark Lord to induce them to give up their souls, though the number discovered suggests that the motivation must have been extremely powerful.”

“Men, both male and female, were serving the Forsaken, but Lanfear had an antipathy toward them and did not employ them. Only Gray Men and Myrddraal did not dream, according to Lanfear.”

The Faceless Men train in the House of Black and White.  Mix black and white and you come up with gray.  The order seems ridiculous on the surface because what do you really get out of it to join up.  You get some cool fighting and killing skills but you can’t tell anyone about it and you give up who you are to boot.  Even the words that they all say “Valar Morghulis”, translate to “all men must die” is absurd as a saying of sorts. They aren’t needed for what is going to happen naturally anyway.  OK some people pay them to take someone out but what happens to the money.  You don’t buy any cool stuff for the clubhouse; then why take money for payment to begin with?  Basically what is their purpose?  Pretty much the same thinking in becoming a Gray Man in TWOT.  The Gray Men give up their souls and the Faceless Men give up their identities to become “no one”.  The same thing in my book.

Grey Men are highly effective assassins because of their ability to pass completely unnoticed, whether in busy public areas or infiltrating heavily guarded private quarters. The victim himself generally does not realize the presence of a Gray Man until he is struck. Witnesses to the murder often report seeing the victim fall and yet still failing to see the Gray Man killer.   Isn’t this pretty much what is taught in the House of Black and White?  The Faceless Men uses different faces to cover their tracks when they are noticed and simply blend in to their environment as if not there.

Note: Before anyone says anything I know that Valor Morghulis isn't a saying only of the Faceless Men but a common greeting in that area of the world.

http://www.popsugar.com/entertainment/Bran-Lead-White-Walkers-South-Game-Thrones-41442402

this article touches on the magic mark that the Night King left on Bran.

I first posted this, thinking of what Arya's mission is.  I think there is more tragedy left for the Stark family.  Considering that Arya in Sankrit means "honor" or "noble", and that I think the story itself is a tragedy, I believe that the most noble thing a person can do is give his or her life for others.  

In Arya's case, she would be faced with the assignment that would save the world, kill her brother, and become "no one" all in one fell swoop.

It's possible.  Let's make this happen...

On 5/24/2016 at 6:26 PM, AryaNymeriaVisenya said:

There will be no assignment. She'll refuse to kill the actress because she's a good woman, kill the Waif, give The Waif's face to Jaquen for the wall, get Needle and go back to Westeros.

If that happens though what even was the point in her being in Bravvos, just something for her character to do while the story catches up to whatever part she plays in it? Meh

I'm currently reading storm of swords and it seems to me that was setting the scene (as most will know) of the majority of the battles are fairly irrelevant and its the Lord of the Light v the Great other that is the main heart of the the entire plot (fire v ice).  We don't actually know who is supposed to be the "good god" there but assuming fire represents R'hllor, Dragons as an agent of fire are on this side of the battle and with Danaerys and her Dragons born from the stone eggs (making her the Prince(ess) that was promised ... lets assume that the Prince that was Promised is actually a bad thing, not a force for good.

Therefore, perhaps Arya's purpose for being out of Westeros is actually to find out about Danaerys and assassinate her.  We know that Targ's are susceptible to going mad and I wonder if her power hungry & arrogant qualities will mean she is dismissive of Jon Snow's claims to be a Targaryen and she will vow to execute him to remove his claim to the Iron throne ... Arya, as a faceless assassin (having taken the deceased Jonah's face, who wanted mercy having not found a cure to grey scale) will fulfil Danaerys' third treason, by killing her for love (i.e. Arrya's love of Jon!).

May be a bit far fetched, but the idea occurred to me that Arya may kill Dany and the rest flowed as I was typing!!!

This latest episode has suggested a new theory to me as well involving Bran and Arya.  At least it is new to me.  I do not know if anyone else has had this idea.  Bran eventually develops his abilities and takes the wright army away from the NIght's King.  However by then Bran has become an evil twisted creature bent on revenge against all mankind for how they screwed up the world.  Arya will most likely leave the FM before she would be actually given an assignment to kill Bran but will come to understand that is what must be done to give the "gift" to the wrights and Bran.  Like Meera did to Jogen, Danny did to Drogo, Aray will kill Bran out of love, not hate.  Its the heart of the Nissa Nissa story, only the facts are different.

In that very first episode who were the first three main characters we were introduced to 1) the wrights/whitewalker in the opening 2) Bran on the roof and 3) Arya on the wagon.  And that is how it will end.

Archived