[Spoilers] Criticize Without Repercussion

teemo

Oh, one more thing. Gilly's baby must be at least 12 years old ... Has somebody bothered to calcualte how much time has passed since episode 1? Should be around 2 years or more based on travelling distances ...

14 hours ago, Ruhail said:

Wow that really captures the extent to which they have taken a great storyline and eviscerated it. I give the show writers a lot of credit for having to make tough artistic choices. But killing this part of Jaime's character is a mistake. I think it was a mistake they made last season before GRRM told them that his story was important. Now Myrcella is dead and they can't really make him angry at Cersei without looking like a jerk. The past is written. The ink is dry. :(  

Why the episode's synopsis said "Arya makes a plan" and we only get a part of it (maybe) on screen ? Almost all of the viewers will think that is bad writing, there is no backstory, no explaining or a hint of her plan. Maybe next episode ?

48 minutes ago, SweetPea said:

Lol, I always think I won't be surprised by D&D again and they always prove me wrong. How the hell can they skip the broken men speech? Just how? They have this amazing material from the book, they somehow get Ian McShane to play the role and... and... they don't include the speech. WHAT THE F*CK?! Why? Are they intentionally trying to make the show as shitty as possible or what? I just... I can't comprehend their thinking... 

Because the Broken Man speech expresses and opinion and theme that DanDy just don't get

26 minutes ago, protar said:

So random things that bothered me:

(...)

>Lyanna Stark was cool and sassy and all, but her anti-stark attitude made no sense. Nor did her being convinced by tales of White Walkers. The scene was also set up so obviously. Like she's rude and bossy for the whole scene, but the moment Davos speaks up she's suddenly polite and let's him speak. 

(...)

I actually do not like that scene for the same reason. She is not interested to save Rickon but comes suddenly around when they mention the WW? The Starks do not mean a thing, even in this scene.

(But I admit why I think her letter is cool the other (older) She-Bears are so much cooler than her. Dacey was perfect: a woman and a warrior. Maege is amazing too. Aly, Aly is the most awesome Mormont Lady. 

So Sandor Clegane joined the Amish in the middle of nowhere, chopping wood and constructing a sept. Septon Merribald or "Ray" gives a shitty speech about killing a boy while his hippie friends passes along the joint. Dunk the lunk and Dunk the lunkier chews on this for bit before deciding to spit it back up and shove it up George RR Martins arsehole by killing all of them off for no fucking reason. 

Sansa and Jon is teleporting around the north with Littlefinger's teleportation device trying to win the allegiance of the north, but miserably fails at it because Jon lost his tongue and Sansa being the little bitch she's always been. 

Jaime gets his dirty little hands on yet another teleportation device and shits Bronn out of his ass and teleports to Riverrun that the Blackfish have retaken. The Freys that looks like inbred moles have laid siege to the castle. Jaime punches Lothar or whoever the fuck he is in the face and parleys with the Blackfish (ah, so now you decide to use some of the book material) but fails miserably. 

Margaery played the Highsparrow for a fool (oh, how suprising) but gains nothing out of it. Tommen complains about his blueballs to the fucking Highsepton. The Queen of Thorns spits a bunch of shit at Cersei and she just accepts it. 

Arya gets stabbed like four times and jumps in the trash can/toilet of Braavos and magically walks away and not a single person gives a fuck. 

Asha is sucking the nipples of a slave in Volantis and says to Theon that he should grow some balls (haha) or kill himself even though he's been tortured for years and lost his cock to the sadist Ramsay Snow. The Ironborns longships is apparently bigger than the bridge of Volantis 

The Broken Man is by far the best episode this season, but that's only because the rest of it was even worse. 

32 minutes ago, Gargarax said:

Oh, one more thing. Gilly's baby must be at least 12 years old ... Has somebody bothered to calcualte how much time has passed since episode 1? Should be around 2 years or more based on travelling distances ...

I think the generally accepted standard is roughly a year per season. But that really doesn't make sense because of things like travel times, Gilly's baby etc. They did seem to have aged him up a bit this season, but that in itself makes no sense because his age has now jumped.

Status of the Great Houses-In Show

Baratheon-Wiped from the face of Westeros

Doran-Wiped from the fact of Westeros

Tyrell-Heir Disinherited, Soon to go extinct, Current Lord is old moron

Lannister-Jamie now Lord of Castlery Rock, Myrcella dead, Joffrey Dead, Tommen on Iron Throne-dead man walking, not likely to have heir since no sex with sexy mama Margery, Cersei wandering around KL being insulted by everyone.

Arryn-Ser Robyn only living Arryn Marching to War-probably dead man walking as he is with LF.

Tully-Edmure under threat-unknown whether he has heirs, Blackfish holding Riverrun

Stark-Bran is Lord of Winterfell-north of wall, Rickon prisoner of Ramsey, Sansa being disregarded by northmen-same with Jon Snow, Arya in Bravos-Brienne and Sansa know of  her-well as of Brienne killing Sandor-Jon appears not to know, Benjen "alive" and out of his vows similar to Jon

Greyjoy-Euron-King, Theon and Yara marked for death

People are really nuts.  I just read a theory to try and explain the stupidity of Arya/Bobcut...which is (1) that there is no Bobcut, she's Arya's other self, or (2) that it wasn't Arya but was Bathrobe Not Jaquen..(3) Arya is running some other con and was wearing maybe I dunno, mithrail.

Anything except to admit that the show simply wrote a really clumsy segment where Arya acts stupid and should be dead of her wounds but will somehow miraculously live after being stabbed in the abdomen multiple times because Bobcut is the worst FM ever, except when she beat the shit out of Arya every time they fought, and Arya couldn't beat her even when she was disarmed.  LOL.

Also, does anyone know who (in show) is heir apparent to the Iron Throne?

No living Baratheon's as Tommen is technically a Baratheon

No living siblings

No child from Margery

So who gets the Iron Throne if Tommen were to say, jump out of a window, I know, I know that sounds silly, just using a ridiculous scenario as an absurdity.

But if Tommen dies, who gets the throne?  Lancel as a Lannister?-he has disowned his titles, right? Kevan-a Lannister and alive and directly related to the King, right?

Beyond that WHO?  Perhaps this sets up Kevan to off Tommen to take the throne.

I don't see any other possibilities.

1 hour ago, SweetPea said:

Lol, I always think I won't be surprised by D&D again and they always prove me wrong. How the hell can they skip the broken men speech? Just how? They have this amazing material from the book, they somehow get Ian McShane to play the role and... and... they don't include the speech. WHAT THE F*CK?! Why? Are they intentionally trying to make the show as shitty as possible or what? I just... I can't comprehend their thinking... 

You always disappoint, Kingslayer "Game of Thrones"!

All things considered, wouldn't Margery want to get pregnant as soon as possible to secure her position?  Shouldn't that trump all considerations?  Ok maybe her love of Loras to see him secure, but now that he is shouldn't she be trying to get preggers with Tommen?  what is the benefit of not having sex with Tommen?

6 minutes ago, SerMixalot said:

No living siblings

No child from Margery

So who gets the Iron Throne if Tommen were to say, jump out of a window, I know, I know that sounds silly, just using a ridiculous scenario as an absurdity.

But if Tommen dies, who gets the throne?  Lancel as a Lannister?-he has disowned his titles, right? Kevan-a Lannister and alive and directly related to the King, right?

The High Sparrow, duh. He is clearly the most powerful man in Westeros for some mysterious reason.

1 minute ago, SerMixalot said:

No but seriously, I think with Jamie off the Kings Guard HE is the heir to the Iron Throne!!!!! WOW,

Legally it should be whoever has the most Baratheon blood, surely there are some 3rd or 4th cousins of Robert still alive.

1 minute ago, SerMixalot said:

No but seriously, I think with Jamie off the Kings Guard HE is the heir to the Iron Throne!!!!! WOW,

Damn. Maybe they've decided to follow GRRM's 1991 outline and Larry will become Larry I , the Dumb King.

1. Why the hell are the Freys dressed like peasants?

2. King's Landing pacing is atrocious. I'm still waiting for Carol to do something of note.

3. Changing Ashayara's sexual orientation was unnecessary, but b00bs I guess.

4. Ian McShane's character was dissapointing. And since when does the BwB murder innocent civilians?

5. Jon Snow has been incompetent for the whole season. He has ZERO presence in his scenes. He has that "I really shoudn't be here right now" look all the time.

Besides these issues, it was a decent episode.

Just now, David Selig said:

Legally it should be whoever has the most Baratheon blood, surely there are some 3rd or 4th cousins of Robert still alive.

Agreed, but no one remotely introduced in the show.  All bastards killed, Gendry MIA, Stannis dead, Renly Dead, Shireen dead

13 minutes ago, SerMixalot said:

No living siblings

No child from Margery

For a second I thought "Shireen!". And then I realised ... oh well.

But then ... eh ... Gendry? He must be in KS soon enough :)

Archived