[Spoilers] Criticize Without Repercussion

teemo

13 minutes ago, Arya Gendry said:

Why do so many characters become dumb and mute when faced with adversity? 

When Little Bear told Sansa that she was nothing but a Lanniston/Bolster, why didn't she just say "I didn't want to marry the Imp! They forced me! Joffrey was insane, Cersei is more insane! And Littlefinger gave me to Ramsay, who raped me and beat me while Theon, sans penis, watched! And he FLAYED a sweet old northern lady who wanted to help me! And fed a baby to a dog! And after all that, I'm here trying to save YOUR homeland! So show some effing respect!" 

But no. Crickets. It happens ALL the time.

I know it's to add suspense and whatever but I'm sick of it.

Nobody reacts to anything anymore

5 minutes ago, David Selig said:

They didn't include it at all.

Not even a truncated version?  Granted, some guy named "Ray" might not be the best source for it, perhaps LF will give it when he rouses the Vale to save the incompetent Starks.

44 minutes ago, Into the Weirwood said:

You're right... It's better than nothing. I had the impression Daenerys would bring a looot of people with her to Westeros but considering the current situation I don't think it's that many people. So maybe Asha's fleet is actually more than enough, even though it's a long trip (in the books) and they might lose some ships on the way there.

Wouldn't that be ironic. The Dothraki all drown at sea. I bet there's not one of those fuckers knows how to swim.

4 minutes ago, David Selig said:

No. Pseudo Meribald told a generic "I was a solider who murdered an innocent because I was ordered to and now I am repenting" story and that was it.

Lol, I always think I won't be surprised by D&D again and they always prove me wrong. How the hell can they skip the broken men speech? Just how? They have this amazing material from the book, they somehow get Ian McShane to play the role and... and... they don't include the speech. WHAT THE F*CK?! Why? Are they intentionally trying to make the show as shitty as possible or what? I just... I can't comprehend their thinking... 

39 minutes ago, No One of Importance said:

By happenstance, as part of a general re-read, I re-read the broken man chapter in AFFC yesterday morning.  Spent all day imagining how powerfully Ian McShane could deliver that speech.  I'm not sure that I've ever been more disappointed in the show's "adaptation."

I was disappointed that the four-eyed raven wasn't Brynden Rivers or that Doran didn't have any "Fire and blood" - y'know Max von Sydow and Alexander Siddig!  I'm sad we don't get Stannis asking what has the bastard of Bolton ever done that he should fear him.  So many disappointments.  And now I'm ready to be disappointed when some overweight bloke doesn't remember, but Batfinger will give "the North remembers" speech when he swoops in to save EmoJon's sorry arse and showpologists will still try to convince us that D&D are "improving" the story.  :bang:

32 minutes ago, SweetPea said:

I haven't watched the epsiode or read through this thread yet, but I have to ask... did they ruin Septon Meribald's speech? Please tell me they didn't. I'm afraid to watch it.

They didn't have it.  They had some geezer called Ray do some waffling at Sandor.

Well, after not watching the first five episodes I was spoilt about Hodor on FB and decided to watch the season anyway. Of course, I expected to be in this thread soon, as much as I hated S5. And yes, the first 6 episodes were mostly terrible, some of them ridiculously terrible even. So I watched E7, looking forward to being able to rant again ...

And I will. But there is less to rant about this one than there was to rant about the two previous ones. This one, I thought, occasionally brought up memories of when the show was still very watchable. I admit I even liked the Bear Island scene (if Ramsay's 20 good men can defeat Stannis, imagine what Mormont's 62 can do. The Night King better watch out). It could have been my first not-depressing GoT experience in two years.

But of course, the episode had to include the Arya-Waif showdown, which everybody must have seen coming. It was so clear she would be attacked, and so clear she would survive. What are those FM - the world's worst assissin organisation? They fail to kill an unarmed girl. Rambsy would take the House of Black and White apart with his left hand. But maybe that's the point :blink:

The only thing that was worse was the last scene. Setting Sandor up to fight his brother in the trial by combat. I mean ... I would have seen that coming for miles even if I hadn't read about that theory before. And in order for him to do that, they sacrificed The Brotherhood without Banners, making them into, well, Thenns. They're religious fanatics, right, so they must enjoy killing women and children. Stupid.

9 hours ago, therealbando said:

So Areo Hotah, who`s basically the size of a wardrobe, gets killed by one stab in the back. Meanwhile Arya survives multiple stabs in the abdomen... 

That's cause the Ancient Order of the Faceless Men ain't got nuthin on Bad Pussy. What the show failed to mention is that's why even third tier actresses can afford them. The services of the hit or miss Faceless Men may cost "half a kingdom," thus hiring out Bad Pussy must cost like two kingdoms.  :wacko:

PS: Plus, Bad Pussy also has the amazing ability to make the family of their victims forget the victims ever existed.

11 minutes ago, Gargarax said:

Well, after not watching the first five episodes I was spoilt about Hodor on FB and decided to watch the season anyway. Of course, I expected to be in this thread soon, as much as I hated S5. And yes, the first 6 episodes were mostly terrible, some of them ridiculously terrible even. So I watched E7, looking forward to being able to rant again ...

And I will. But there is less to rant about this one than there was to rant about the two previous ones. This one, I thought, occasionally brought up memories of when the show was still very watchable. I admit I even liked the Bear Island scene (if Ramsay's 20 good men can defeat Stannis, imagine what Mormont's 62 can do. The Night King better watch out). It could have been my first not-depressing GoT experience in two years.

But of course, the episode had to include the Arya-Waif showdown, which everybody must have seen coming. It was so clear she would be attacked, and so clear she would survive. What are those FM - the world's worst assissin organisation? They fail to kill an unarmed girl. Rambsy would take the House of Black and White apart with his left hand. But maybe that's the point :blink:

The only thing that was worse was the last scene. Setting Sandor up to fight his brother in the trial by combat. I mean ... I would have seen that coming for miles even if I hadn't read about that theory before. And in order for him to do that, they sacrificed The Brotherhood without Banners, making them into, well, Thenns. They're religious fanatics, right, so they must enjoy killing women and children. Stupid.

Nice to see you back 

So random things that bothered me:

>While there's nothing wrong per say with the Septon's worldview - believing in a Higher Power but not knowing or indeed caring what it is - it makes no sense for him to become a Septon with those beliefs. Why not just be a generic preacher?

>Lyanna Stark was cool and sassy and all, but her anti-stark attitude made no sense. Nor did her being convinced by tales of White Walkers. The scene was also set up so obviously. Like she's rude and bossy for the whole scene, but the moment Davos speaks up she's suddenly polite and let's him speak. 

>Yara being yet another example of the show's poor lgb representation. Bullies her heavily abused brother, sleeps with sex slaves. Generally crass and unpleasant.

>Arya is apparently tougher than Hotah. And also stupid enough to let a random old lady approach her.

>The brotherhood now randomly being evil.

>The Freys don't spot an entire army. Even they can't be that incompetent. 

>The Hound is apparently still hateful and filled with vengeance.

>We're seven episodes in and still spinning wheels! I feel like we should be 4 episodes in, not 7!

46 minutes ago, Cas Stark said:

Not even a truncated version?  Granted, some guy named "Ray" might not be the best source for it, perhaps LF will give it when he rouses the Vale to save the incompetent Starks.

I think LF has been tapped to give the North Remembers speech (I guess it would be the Vale Remembers) as its looking more and more like he will be the savior of the North.  Maybe they'll give the broken man speech to Tyrion.  Nothing would surprise me at this point.

2 minutes ago, Stannistician said:

I think LF has been tapped to give the North Remembers speech (I guess it would be the Vale Remembers) as its looking more and more like he will be the savior of the North.  Maybe they'll give the broken man speech to Tyrion.  Nothing would surprise me at this point.

Or, Firestarter will give it at some time in the future, even though she's now the biggest warmonger on the show.....who cares at this point?  I just want the show to end finally.

But, my guess is that if it is given, it goes to LF when he rallies the Vale who will remember what the North forgot.  Or some shit.

14 hours ago, The Scabbard Of the Morning said:

You know at one point I said I was glad for the show because it at least will give us an ending when GRRM might not even do that. But now that we're here I find thatg getting D&D's ending is no improvement from no ending at all. I think I can go on Fanfiction.net and get an ending that is better than theirs.

This - so much. I've read a rather disturbing fanfic about Sandor and Sansa travelling to Bravos and having sex whenever there is an excuse for it. And it was written much better than 80% of the dialogues on the show ... :wacko:

Just now, Cas Stark said:

Or, Firestarter will give it at some time in the future, even though she's now the biggest warmonger on the show.....who cares at this point?  I just want the show to end finally.

But, my guess is that if it is given, it goes to LF when he rallies the Vale who will remember what the North forgot.  Or some shit.

In regards to the North Remembers speech, the funny thing is of course that nobody from the Vale died at the Red Wedding, so they have nothing to remember.  But I guess DnD will play it off as LF getting revenge for Cat or some such nonsense.

"Firestarter", I like it. 

Archived