Discussing Sansa XXIV: Forgetful North

Mladen

2 hours ago, MilesJames said:

"The entire Vale army" The Boltons have 5000 men what would be the point in bringing the entire Vale army ? 

Superiority.  No point giving the other guys a better shot than you need to.

1 hour ago, MilesJames said:

"The entire Vale army" The Boltons have 5000 men what would be the point in bringing the entire Vale army ? 

Just now, Colonel Green said:

Superiority.  No point giving the other guys a better shot than you need to.

they are not only 5000 boltons, don't forget the allies of the boltons : karstarks and umbers, they are easily other 5000 men

2 hours ago, Future Null Infinity said:

hey, Arya is tough, she got stabbed 3 times and she didn't die and kept swiming and walking, areo hotah got one stab from a sand worm and he died immediately :D

Hotah took it directly on the spine.  Well that's the only thing I can think of...

2 hours ago, Future Null Infinity said:

hey, Arya is tough, she got stabbed 3 times and she didn't die and kept swiming and walking, areo hotah got one stab from a sand worm and he died immediately :D

Yeah, the twisting of the knife really made it seem not believable at all for her to not only survive, but also remain conscious and swim/jog to safety.

3 hours ago, Les Météores D said:

lol I love them deeply all the way down to their worst decisions but... *shaking head/rolling eyes*.... Bran & Arya are no better atm.

That is the thing about the Starks... Shaking heads and rolling eyes go with the job :)

I find it absolutely unbelievable that no one actually talked more about what a poor leader Ramsay is and that he is not someone you want to be the head of the North, you know, the issue that DOES concern the Northern houses. Instead, they went to call the banners, because, "We are Starks and you should totally do what we ask" That sort of entitlement should be the thing of the past. 

Just now, Risto said:

I find it absolutely unbelievable that no one actually talked more about what a poor leader Ramsay is and that he is not someone you want to be the head of the North, you know, the issue that DOES concern the Northern houses. Instead, they went to call the banners, because, "We are Starks and you should totally do what we ask" That sort of entitlement should be the thing of the past

personally, I don't talk about ramsay because he is in best position imaginable, the man is powerful and he got the 2 most powerful houses in the north (karstarks and umbers) as allies, he can't be worry about the other little houses like the mormonts and their 67 good men

1 minute ago, Future Null Infinity said:

personally, I don't talk about ramsay because he is in best position imaginable, the man is powerful and he got the 2 most powerful houses in the north (karstarks and umbers) as allies, he can't be worry about the other little houses like the mormonts and their 67 good men

The best pointion imaginable ? There isn't a single other kingdom backing him. His days were numbered from the start. 

30 minutes ago, Risto said:

That is the thing about the Starks... Shaking heads and rolling eyes go with the job :)

I find it absolutely unbelievable that no one actually talked more about what a poor leader Ramsay is and that he is not someone you want to be the head of the North, you know, the issue that DOES concern the Northern houses. Instead, they went to call the banners, because, "We are Starks and you should totally do what we ask" That sort of entitlement should be the thing of the past. 

That's a good point and it's frustrating that the show wouldn't allow Jon and Sansa to continue making their case to the Glovers when they had plenty of other arguments to bring up to back their case (not to mention the whole thing where no one in the North seems to resent the Boltons for the Red Wedding :/). It's a symptom of the dumbing down of the North plot overall. 

4 minutes ago, Future Null Infinity said:

she's writing to daenerys, tyrion is with daenerys, she can help her, Danny can take Drogon airways, make a visit to winterfell, burn it with the boltons et go home

Why would she mention the Vale if she's writing to Dany? Not to mention, there has never been an instance of a raven crossing the Narrow Sea (halfway around the world). 

As I said before, Littlefinger is probably going to redeem himself and gain a high seat with Jon/Sansa and the new northern power after they retake Winterfell. Now that Varys has joined forces and has a high seat with Dany, both men are poised to either fight each other or join forces against the Night King at the end of the series.

Just now, The Yung Wulf said:

Why would she mention the Vale if she's writing to Dany? Not to mention, there has never been an instance of a raven crossing the Narrow Sea (halfway around the world). 

I was joking

Just now, The Yung Wulf said:

As I said before, Littlefinger is probably going to redeem himself and gain a high seat with Jon/Sansa and the new northern power after they retake Winterfell. Now that Varys has joined forces and has a high seat with Dany, both men are poised to either fight each other or join forces against the Night King at the end of the series.

no, see this link for the answer

http://www.ew.com/article/2016/05/11/game-thrones-littlefinger?xid=email-gameofthrones-20160512-readstory

the key sentence :

For me, this time out, there’s a level of atonement in relation to Sansa and my misjudgment of Ramsay Bolton. A lot of what I’m up to is atonement and really trying to align myself the right people

2 minutes ago, Future Null Infinity said:

I was joking

no, see this link for the answer

http://www.ew.com/article/2016/05/11/game-thrones-littlefinger?xid=email-gameofthrones-20160512-readstory

the key sentence :

For me, this time out, there’s a level of atonement in relation to Sansa and my misjudgment of Ramsay Bolton. A lot of what I’m up to is atonement and really trying to align myself the right people

I don't see how anything the actor says hints at future plans of Littlefinger or Sansa's use of Littlefinger. Not to mention it was published May 12th, which was right before LF was reintroduced this season.

43 minutes ago, Future Null Infinity said:

I meant Jon or Sansa, not the viewers.

29 minutes ago, Future Null Infinity said:

she's writing to daenerys, tyrion is with daenerys, she can help her, Danny can take Drogon airways, make a visit to winterfell, burn it with the boltons et go home

Well, I hope then she found a good raven that can fly 3/4 of the world.

The answer is Littlefinger and the offer has to be marriage in exchange for legitimizing Jon and him as the heir.  

What else does Sansa have to offer?  The fact that Peter has already mobilized the Knights of the Vale...?  Imagine the expense, let alone that at least 40% are doomed to death when they leave (worse would be the fear, having all the news of the recent civil war of how many lives were lost through war, disease, etc...), and then there's the coming winter and zealots taking over King's Landing, and rumors of Dragons having returned????

Good god.  And that's without the truth of The Others, or any knowledge of the Iron Born's new war-hungry leader?  

Game over, unless Peter saves the day. 

3 minutes ago, Malchyor said:

The answer is Littlefinger and the offer has to be marriage in exchange for legitimizing Jon and him as the heir.  

What else does Sansa have to offer?  

Sansa doesn't have to offer anything.  He offered her his army already, and her having to send for his help is exactly what he wants, that she needs him again.

Archived