What will happen between Jaime and Brienne?

iceheart91

12 minutes ago, Tianzi said:

Haha.

I wonder if Brienne tells anybody (Jaime or Blackfish): 'hey, by the way, I found Sansa, that's half of our oath'.

She is definitely meeting the Blackfish, and for the purpose (in part) of allying him to support Sansa, so I think that conversation is inevitable.

40 minutes ago, ToTheWolves said:

I may have misheard but, in the preview for next episode Jamie says to someone(maybe edmure) "I'll kill as many tullys that I have to to get back to my beloved sister"......WHO IS THIS GUY!?!

My money is on that they're playing it up as a setup for his incoming Mega Butthurt when he finally learns about Lancel.

2 hours ago, Darren Allen said:

She is definitely meeting the Blackfish, and for the purpose (in part) of allying him to support Sansa, so I think that conversation is inevitable.

If not for Bronn/Pod action in the trailer, I'd bank on Brienne getting captured by BwB before she manages to get to Blackfish.

And she does have a thing for forgetting identities of the people she encountered. We are talking about the woman who didn't talk to Sansa at the Purple Wedding and forgot to mention she killed the Hound, pardon, a man.

I don’t think I’m going to enjoy the next episode very much, at least not the RR part. In the preview we fist see Jaime talking to Brienne, then Jaime talks with Edmure, while professing his undying love for his sister and telling him he’ll kill everyone that is in the way of that.

Then we have the Lann troops marching at night, probably entering the castle. We see the BF talking to Brienne during the night, then the BF sees/hears something and pulls his sword. I think Jaime somehow finds a way to enter the castle. We can either have Edmure tell him about some secret passage the BF knows nothing about(yeah right), or more likely, Jaime gives Bronn 20 good men to ‘impregnate’ the castle, and open the gates from the inside, while the BF is busy with Brienne.

Jaime comes face to face with the BF, they fight, the BF is winning and then he is stabbed in the back by Bronn or Brienne(because her love for Jaime will trump her honor?!?). My money is on Bronn doing the deed, since if Brienne would help Jaime, she would have no reason to sneak away in a boat, during the same night. She will steal BF’s escape route from the books, because it’s an adaptation and everything has to bee exactly the opposite to how things work in the books. RIP the Blackfish, he will be remembered.

I think that Brienne will convince Jaimie to have her parlay with the Blackfish. See the trailer for ep8.
She will then talk to the 'old man' and explain to her that she has found Sansa, who is currently in the North with Jon and that she requires the help of the Blackfish.

The Blackfish will be persuaded to surrender the castle to the Freys, keeping Jamie to his promis not to hurt any of his men.
Riverrun will be completely abandoned by the Blackfish and his army and civilians. Who will then promptly move up north to support J&S in the fight for Winterfell.

Jaimie has now also seen the chaos that the Freys are causing in the riverlands and will set out with his army to bring peace to that part of the kingdoms.

5 hours ago, Xcorpyo001 said:

Then we have the Lann troops marching at night, probably entering the castle. We see the BF talking to Brienne during the night, then the BF sees/hears something and pulls his sword. I think Jaime somehow finds a way to enter the castle. We can either have Edmure tell him about some secret passage the BF knows nothing about(yeah right), or more likely, Jaime gives Bronn 20 good men to ‘impregnate’ the castle, and open the gates from the inside, while the BF is busy with Brienne.

The men marching at night were the Freys.  I am hoping its the one idiot Frey who over the course of three episodes it has been mentioned routinely that he cut Catelyn's throat.  So, he is fed up, leaves camp, which could possible set stage for kidnapping and hanging and in walks LSH. I know wishful thinking but I think that is more practical then Bronn entering RR unnoticed.  BF took the castle from Freys b/c it was his castle and he knows all of its secrets.  And I'm not even sure Bf would share some of those secrets with Edmure just because of how dumb Edmure acted half the time.

4 minutes ago, Soccer69 said:

The men marching at night were the Freys.  I am hoping its the one idiot Frey who over the course of three episodes it has been mentioned routinely that he cut Catelyn's throat.  So, he is fed up, leaves camp, which could possible set stage for kidnapping and hanging and in walks LSH. I know wishful thinking but I think that is more practical then Bronn entering RR unnoticed.  BF took the castle from Freys b/c it was his castle and he knows all of its secrets.  And I'm not even sure Bf would share some of those secrets with Edmure just because of how dumb Edmure acted half the time.

Just as Cersei's scene is done, we see Jaime on his horse in full armour, and a Frey behind him and to our right, and it’s clearly dark around them. Maybe he will use them as cannon fodder or something :). But I don't think we're that lucky. 

I guess we’ll have to wait for the episode to see what’s what. They are on the move, but why would they march at night? They are not storming the walls, I don’t think they could do it in a single column. And BF is drawing his sword for something. Maybe they manage to assassinate BF and the rest will yield? And they are moving inside the castle? Hope not, but since they don’t seem to be attacking anything, don’t understand where they’d go in the middle of the night.

But back on topic, I don’t think Brienne is able to kill Jaime if they come to blows at this point in time, and show Jaime on the other hand has no problem killing her if he has an opening, if by doing so he’s closer to wrap up things and go back to his beloved sister.

But she seems to be leaving, so we’ll have to wait until they meet again. But if the BF is not on that boat with her, as he escaped in the books…

On 6/6/2016 at 6:50 AM, iceheart91 said:

So, since we all know for sure that Brienne and Jaime will confront each other next episode, the real question is, what will happen between the two of them? I think that Jaime genuinely does care for Brienne, probably more than he's willing to admit, but is that enough to completely sway him into changing sides and leaving Cersei and his house? I don't know. Brienne is the only person in his whole life that made him change his outlook on his life, and when someone has that big of an impact on you, how can you not trust them and listen to them? The hopeful part of me wants nothing more than to see him switch and fight for Jon and Sansa alongside Brienne and Pod, but I'm not sure how likely that is to happen. If it came down to a fight between the two of them, and he somehow got the upper hand, I don't think he'd kill her, mainly because I don't think he'd have it in him. The same goes with Brienne. I think her feelings towards him are a little more obvious than his (I still love Torienne though, aye), and because of this, I could really see her trying to break through to him and being like, "look, if you don't cut the shit, I'm gonna have to fight you". I also really don't think she's capable of killing him, either, with the exception being only if he asked/told her to. Am I crazy for thinking that? Maybe, ha. 

What are y'alls thoughts? 

Having seen the trailer I have two possible interpretations. The positive one:

-Jaime meets someone (Bronn or Edmure) and tells him """" (that speech about him loving Cersei and killing Tullys).

-Meanwhile, Brienne tries to help the Tullys, but BF tells her that Jaime is threatening them.

-Jaime and Brienne meet after two seasons.

-Brienne tells him that she has honour and that she will have to fight him, but she is not happy with that, because in S4 she thought she "loved" him:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aj9mYwmlmFU

-Jaime is in shock of seeing Brienne again and has confusing thoughts in his head. He is proud of doing what he has to do because his Cersei commanded him to, but at the same time, he starts remembering the honour that Brienne taught him, while he rekindles the Tarth Gaze. He is extremely confused about friendship, love and honour, and he thinks what Tywin did to the poor Tullys was not fair.

SECOND INTERPRETATION

-Jaime meets Brienne and After he speaks great of Cersei.

-Then, he begins killing everyone.

Archived