(SPOILERS) Criticise Without Reprecussion

2 hours ago, The Scabbard Of the Morning said:

There is no way a force the size of the Vale force can go through the neck, all the way up to Winterfell, and nobody knew about it

This show is basically the Transformers movie franchise, if you turn off your brain and just watch the spectacle, you'll be entertained. But there is no sophistication, depth, or realism.

People need to stop pretending they are watching some high level stuff.

But that is part of the package, perhaps the most important part.  I sincerely believe people like Game of Thrones because it is 'smart'. (or at least it was at one point...)  It then becomes a sort of self-fulfilling prophesy/cycle where the LCD audience wants a simple show they can understand (tits) and that won't challenge them (action), but with the prestige of having had been smart at one point (pre-Ned's Head), so they can feel smarter for watching and enjoying it.  

Jon didn't get trampled, cool shot, bad logic.
And i've talked to my friend about this, there's no way Jon+Sansa with their number would ever win without outside help, i was right

1 minute ago, Bee Diddie said:

It's nitpicking because maybe Sansa did not want to have to explain to her brother who she hadn't seen in a long time how she  was manipulated by a shady whoremaster and realm's most famous con man.

I wasn't nitpicking, and sansa doesn't need to explain anything to Jon, go watch Ep 10 preview, it's a problem of trust

2 hours ago, Fredwin said:

If Ghost was there he would have suffered from pincushion disease.

I could agree with this...but they could have shown a glimpse of him standing with Sansa, as her protector, or something....anything!

2 minutes ago, Rubicante said:

2. Davos finding the stag implies that Stannis' camp was just outside of Winterfell.  So why exactly couldn't Stannis move forward again if he was already there?

That is one of those THINGS that happen in GoT that you just have to ignore otherwise you go insane

1 minute ago, Bee Diddie said:

It's nitpicking because maybe Sansa did not want to have to explain to her brother who she hadn't seen in a long time how she  was manipulated by a shady whoremaster and realm's most famous con man.

Oh right,.. lets solve that with words shall we.

"Littlefinger..." struggles, "has an army of vale knights ready to fight for us."

Jon... "There's an army that can help us?" ((Jon knows nothing about Littlefinger, or next to nothing because he isn't a reader or a watcher and lives where LF means jack"

Sansa- "yes"

Orrrrrrrrrr

Sansa meets Robin a few episodes ago. We see her start to talk to him fades to black.

Next time we see LF he is in chains with whatever that guy teaching Robin to archery grinning ear to ear.

Sansa waits till after they parley to tell Jon, ensuring JOn doesn't slip up and tell ramsey about massive army.

Because here is what we're saying; either Sansa is smart enough to do what she did in some master game to ensure her power...

Or sansa is too emotionally disturbed by past events to be smart enough to do what she did in some master game to ensure her power.

If she is becoming adept at lying and manipulating people then doing the above actually makes more sense then lying to Jon, screaming at LF, then running back to LF for help.

Extremely underwhelming. The battle of the bastards was extremely predictable. I was fast forwarding most of the time.

I just want to forget the whole Mereen stuff. Is it too late to re cast Danny. I just cannot stand Emilia's tough girl act. Her mere presence made me root for the slavers - truly. And Yara + Danny. God now we got two tough girls to endure.

The only good thing I saw was Tyrion telling Danny who her father really was.

3 minutes ago, Future Null Infinity said:

I wasn't nitpicking, and sansa doesn't need to explain anything to Jon, go watch Ep 10 preview, it's a problem of trust

So she acts untrustworthy and expects to be trusted and can't trust others.  Yet her actions don't make her a villain?

44 minutes ago, Lord Syv Aldlark said:

Yeah i didn't even attempt to understand that

Lol, at first I thought it was sarcastically against the show, then I thought, "no, maybe he's saying book lovers only love Arya and Dany? And...girl power?" And then I thought about the consolidation of women rulers tonight, and I just got lost in the nonsense of that post.

Yes, it's official: D/D have accomplished their goal of turning show Sansa into book Cersei, and turning show Cersei into book Sansa.

Next week, in contrast to Sansa the Bitch, we're going to get Cersei the Hero: "Badass who takes out her enemies with one single evul blast/cut to "OMG my poor sweet son" a la Lady Crane going all SHAKESPEARE over "sweet dead Joffey" (sweet dead Tommen)  Wanna make a bet that he lands on the hard stone ground after jumping out that window without so much as a splat, a la Myranda. And Lady Crane will hold nothing on the Real Deal as she tearfully cradles Tommen's miraculously intact body. The audience will be weeping into their iced tea, for all the dead but her most of all, and oh the MUSIC.

After we know that the Indestructble (and totally unified) trio of Cersei, Qyburn and Mountain will be the last ones standing after all the rubble settles. And Jamie will blame the Tyrells of course instead of his Sweetling Sister.

43 minutes ago, SerMixalot said:

I think their intention, which is usually fairly obvious, is that they are making Sansa ambitious.  To the point where she is selling out her family. Clearly her actions this week endangered and were thoughtless of Jon and Rickon and as a result a whole lot of Northerners died.  She is clearly building a coalition with LF and the Vale.  I can see them trying a 180 with her next week abandoning LF but any action along that line with not be consistent with her actions this week.

Whoa, whoa, you're giving way too much credit to the writers who just wanted to ape Lord of the Rings. Her reckless actions will be forgotten next week.

5 minutes ago, redtree said:

Jon didn't get trampled, cool shot, bad logic.
And i've talked to my friend about this, there's no way Jon+Sansa with their number would ever win without outside help, i was right

It's not impossible. Not to argue. Having half of a force isn't the sign of a turned battle anyway. We referenced Agincourt earlier which was easily a battle of nearly 2-1 if not more. 

Tactics and tools can turn the tide.

Agincourt it was swampy terrain vs english long bow.

Not saying they could have done that here, but I'm sure a decent enough author with a history book could make something believeable. 

2 hours ago, LulaMae Barnes said:

I always considered myself to be a feminist (though not a radical one;o) - but since seeing what D&D and their likes did to strong female characters over the last 2 seasons and think about female empowerment (the Dorne-women killer commando, boss ass bitch Sansa, Berserker-Brienne, the "fucking tits off other women" Asha) - I don't know if I still want to be a strong female myself ;o) Because (according to THIS show) it seems that all empowered women are just the horrible stereotype of angry, vengeful, mad harridans or bitches who have their periods.

They can't write female characters, few male writers can
If they're empowered, they are bitches
That's just the way it is

4 minutes ago, Simon Steele said:

Dany should have stuck her finger in Yara's bum, you know, to keep episode continuity. Oh it would have been SO witty.

Apparently that is the way you kiss a lady in D&D world.

Archived