(SPOILERS) Criticise Without Reprecussion

3 minutes ago, yakisikli123 said:

Daenerys part was a joke its unworthy to discuss.

Sansa wanted as always the queen of the series episode, this gimme Ramsey look then her revenge and then laughing.

I think next episode she will show her real face. (betraying Jon)

the way that the show is presenting Sansa now suggests that to her, now, after that, she does not need Jon anymore. I suspect a betrayal but it should be big time decision for her, stand with/by her brother Jon or stand by/with Littlefinger. I suspect she chooses Littlefinger. 

1 hour ago, LulaMae Barnes said:

True that. All of it.

I am always wondering if there are ever ANY official reviews that dare to be critical and not just keep schmoozing D&D and their massive egos.

Because,you know, of all their EPICNESS and AWESOMENESS and crap...

Are all actual reviewers always loving this (by now almost completely) illogical & inconsequential mess and it is just us being overly nagging for no reason at all?!?:crying:

Check Alan Sepinwall at HitFix. He's very critical of the episode, not compared to us of course, but compared to every other reviewer. 

1 hour ago, Nami said:

Thing is: everyone loved it. I'm seeing everyone just praising this shit to the very heavens
I feel like there's something wrong with me

There are different standards for TV shows.

Critics analyze this stuff through tvtropes.com, not through logic or close reading.

14 hours ago, McBaine said:

In Mereen:

Yara:“Hey, Dany, you're super cool and I'd like to be a strong female ruler like you, because girl power and stuff.“

Dany:“Awesome, that's my plan too, but why not wait for the bigger fleet of your uncle?

Yara:“Because he's totally a mean chauvinist pig and doesn't respect you and shows this by wanting to fuck you.“

Dany:“Yikes, okay, that seems reasonable, that's not really my cup of tea, I'm all about being respected. You will give me your ships just so I can burn your uncle and make you a warden?

Yara:“Yep, but I'd fuck you too – in a totally respectful way of course, because I'm a woman and not a man, it is advisable to speak like that to a ruler. Then I will ask my brother if he thinks that is okay? Yes? Good then.“

Dany:“Awesome. Then I will quickly ask Tyrion if... oh, he nods his head, then it is decided! From now on we are empowered super besties forever!

Before the battle in the War Tent:

Sansa:“It's totally mean that you didn't ask my opinion about the battle. It didn't even occur to you you chauvinist!

Jon:“Ok, you're right. What do you think about the battle plan?

Sansa:“Battle plan?! How should I know? I know nothing about that stuff! But beware of Ramsey!

Jon:“Err, yes, thanks for the good advice, but I fought worse than Ramsy.“

Sansa: „But not Ramsey, because, he's totally mean and a monster and plays his games...“

Jon:“Sansa, I fought against tireless ice zombies and their commanders – beings immune to normal weapons because the cold from their bodies makes even steel splinter and break in seconds! Ramsey is a sick and brutal lunatic, everyone except Littlefinger from here to Dorne knows this! I think Ramsey has a strong third place in the threat olympics, but he is not as dangerous as the army of the walking dead.“

Sansa:“But a battle is dumb! Rickon is as good as dead and we have not enough men!“

Jon:“We asked everywhere! Where else should we pull more more fighters from?! Sansa, by the old gods and the new, if you know of any other troops we can use, now is the right moment to tell me about it. Many lifes and the victory depends on this!

Sansa:“I wrote to Littlefinger and he's on his way with an army of Vale Knights...

Jon:“Did you say something?“

Sansa:“What? No, nothing“

Before the Battle:

Ramsey lets Rickon go.

Ramsey:“ Now my boy, run to your brother. I have a bow and will try to shoot you. Off you go.“

Rickon starts to sprint and thinks:“Okay, he is shooting arrows at me. Gotta get to Jon fast! Under all circumstances I have to run in a straight line – otherwise I will lose valuable time and it takes longer to reach Jon! Go in a straight line – get as much distance between yourself and Ramsey as possible. I can make it! I can make it and have some lines and a plot again! In a straight li... Argh! An arrow! How?! I sprinted so fast?! Why has only Arya inherited the healing powers of our ancestor Dire Wolverine Stark?!“

Ramsey:“Haha, great shot, I have to praise myself! I would have been screwed if he hadn't run in a straight line or I'd overestimated my aim. I didn't bring my hounds as backup and the Stark heir would have escaped. How embarassing and stupid would that have been?! XD“

''I could kill the bastard Jon Snow while I'm at it. It wasn't my plan (?), but while he stands in an open field and is a unmoving target... Nah! I let my 20 good men do it. Go on and shoot the bastard, while I pat myself on the shoulder. You missed?! All of you? Well, you are better at sneaking and malicious arson.“

During the Battle:

Jon:“Shit, we talked about a pincing maneuver, but now we are caught between slow marching Bolton soldiers in phalanx formation?! This wouldn't have happened if there wasn't a 40 feet high hill of corpses – out of the blue no less!“

''Hey, there's Sansa. I think I'm the only one who is suprised that she got the Vale Knights to help her. Ice zombies Sansa! ICEZOMBIES! Would have been great if we had have fewer losses to fight against the supernatural undead threat from the north!“

Meanwhile Sansa sits on her horse next to a smirking Littlefinger and is proud of herself.

Sansa:“I am so smart, S-M-R-T! A genius move. I did that all by myself.“

Sometimes I can't even...

Very nice!

While I will admit there were technical glitches and places that seemed a little contrived, I also look and see how much was accomplished.

For seasons people have been complaining that nothing important was happening. The dragons weren't growing fast enough. When will we see the White Walkers? Where is Gendry, is he still rowing? Why not this? What happened to Lady Stoneheart? When will things happen?

Well, guess what people? Things are happening.

Daenarys has her army and three teenage dragons and thanks to the Masters, as well as Yara and Theon, she has a fleet. She has the support of Ironborn as well as the Dothraki. Varys is on his way, most likely to Dorne, to secure the support of the Sand Snakes/Martells. Cersei is about to crack open a case of wildfire and have at King's Landing. And next episode may find Bran and Benjen approaching the Wall and finding the Night's King waiting. This is what most of us have been waiting for since the first time we cracked open the first book. 

The great war to come is about to be here, and the shit is hitting the fan fast and furious. Would I have been happier to read this from GRRM's hand itself? Absolutely! But television moves faster than writers and we are past the edges of the map; here be unforgettable reveals and other people's interpretation of places and events based upon a few conversations and some educated guesses. What should we do?

I refuse to be negative when an episode truly works, and I'll throw shade when one leaves me feeling empty. This season, taken as a whole is the culmination of both written canon and D&D's imagining. While not perfect it's been a satisfying trip this season. With only 14 or so hours left, I am more than ready for the second Battle for the Morning.

1 hour ago, Ravness said:

I think it was mentioned that that was exactly the reason why Jon didn't kill Ramsay - he saw Sansa and realized that Ramsay wasn't his to kill.

I got to say that of all the people who should have had that kill, if this whole revenge bit was so fucking important, was Theon. 

1 minute ago, storm.131 said:

Uhm, the white stuff...

Uhm, you mean the white stuff that ground Stannis' army to a halt and cushioned Sansa and Theon's leap that disappeared roughly 11 minutes after they jumped off that wall.  That white stuff?  

4 minutes ago, Lady Sansa's Direwolf said:

While I will admit there were technical glitches and places that seemed a little contrived, I also look and see how much was accomplished.

I refuse to be negative when an episode truly works, and I'll throw shade when one leaves me feeling empty. This season, taken as a whole is the culmination of both written canon and D&D's imagining. While not perfect it's been a satisfying trip this season. With only 14 or so hours left, I am more than ready for the second Battle for the Morning.

Well said!  The season had a bumpy start, but in the last few episodes I've been on the edge of my seat and the few silly flaws weren't bad enough to ruin it for me.  Some people are too focused on the negatives (yet they keep watching).

2 minutes ago, storm.131 said:

Well said!  The season had a bumpy start, but in the last few episodes I've been on the edge of my seat and the few silly flaws weren't bad enough to ruin it for me.  Some people are too focused on the negatives (yet they keep watching).

I really don't understand why either of you come into a thread specifically for criticism of the episodes just to judge people for criticizing the episode. Go to the positivity thread.

1 hour ago, Ravness said:

I think it was mentioned that that was exactly the reason why Jon didn't kill Ramsay - he saw Sansa and realized that Ramsay wasn't his to kill.

I actually think Jon stops when he sees Sansa because he doesn't want her to see him like a barbaric animal like Ramsay. Sansa asks where he is locked and he doesn't really answer her. 

21 minutes ago, Steelegrave said:

Uhm, you mean the white stuff that ground Stannis' army to a halt and cushioned Sansa and Theon's leap that disappeared roughly 11 minutes after they jumped off that wall.  That white stuff?  

You didn't see the snow on the ground when Davos found the stag and the remains of the pyre?  And you think there was no snowfall between the time Stannis was defeated and the last episode?

2 hours ago, Nami said:

Thing is: everyone loved it. I'm seeing everyone just praising this shit to the very heavens
I feel like there's something wrong with me

There is nothing wrong with you.  Do you suppose the world is more populated with morons or geniuses?  The morons are unfortunately in overwhelming abundance. They can write completely illogical nonsense and throw a dragon on the screen and the masses will ooh and aah.

4 minutes ago, storm.131 said:

You didn't see the snow on the ground when Davos found the stag and the remains of the pyre?  And you think there was no snowfall between the time Stannis was defeated and the last episode?

That was like a fucking half inch of snow.  Where was the snow on the battlefield?  Where was the snow blanketing Winterfell?  You're in Perth.  Have you ever seen snow? A dusting of snow doesn't stop an army.  It doesn't cushion a 40 foot foot leap and it doesn't throw wooden sculptures around like paper.

Don't come here for debate.  Certainly when you don't understand.  The reference "what snows" was ironical.  This part of the story is when winter has come to the north.  There are feet of snow that stopped an army and cushioned a dangerous fall from the walls of Winterfell.  And the idiots who write this show seem to have just forgotten it. 

19 hours ago, Ser Patrick said:

I can't believe Stannis was only a mornings march away from Winterfell when he sacrificed Shireen.  The North must be a small place in the show considering Stannis's map showed him on Long Lake. 

Bbbbbbut.... Light snow and hunger

Do they have some kind of fetish about biting ears and biting off the ears? I mean, I was all for killing that UnSmalljon (although, really imposing looking guy, what a waste), but did Thormund need to bite off his ear?

And what was that about Ramsay grinning while being smashing to pulp? Was that suppose to mean he’s still mother and father of all badasses in the world?

Although, I confess I did like the dragon. He’s just such a beautiful beast, all flame and might and wings.

Archived