Aejon Targaryen???

4 minutes ago, GeorgeIAF said:

How do you know she is his mistress, how do you know they didn't married ? Lyanna loved Rhager and he loved her, maybe she learned of what happened with Rhaegar's children.

Because he had a legal acknowledged wife. So that kind of automatically make her at best a mistress at worst a victim.

Just now, DarkerStar said:

Because he had a legal acknowledged wife. So that kind of automatically make her at best a mistress at worst a victim.

The Targaryens also married more than 1 wife, so he might have married Lyanna too.

1 minute ago, GeorgeIAF said:

The Targaryens also married more than 1 wife, so he might have married Lyanna too.

Exactly. I don't see Martin going to all this trouble about Jon's parentage just to put him right back in the bastard seats at court. I feel confident we'll find out they were married and I think that is probably the 'proof' waiting to be found in the crypt.

I'm not sure why "Aejon" would be "tacky," but "Aegon" and "Aemon" are not.

All three are completely made up names for ASOIAF, as far as i know.

Also, note that J's are used in some Targaryen names.

3 minutes ago, GeorgeIAF said:

As far as I know 2 Targaryens had more than one wife. Aegon the Conqueror and Maegor the Cruel. Both of those guys had dragons. They also ruled 200 year before Rhaegar was born. Once the Targs accepted the Faith of the Seven they followed the Faith's laws which allowed for 1 wife. And even if they had some ceremony who would acknowledge it.

Good stuff about the possibility that Rhaegar and Lyanna were married, and Aejon is legitimate.

Maybe Rhaegar and Elia had some kind of quicky divorce, even if Rhaegar did not have two wives at once.

15 minutes ago, Cron said:

Well, we can't be positive, but frankly I think Lyanna would not be so basic as to name yet another Targaryen "Aegon," I think she would be more creative.

Also, as has been pointed out, not only have there been 6 Aegons already, but one of them is Rhaegar's son, who is still alive at this time (or just recently was alive).  Would Rhaegar have two sons named Aegon?

They already knew that Rhaegar lost the battle (see the dialogue between Ned and Hightower/Arthur), so Lyanna knew too that Rhaegar passed away and his children too, so maybe she thought of naming her son after Rhaegar's heir to the IT.

18 minutes ago, GeorgeIAF said:

How do you know she is his mistress, how do you know they didn't married ? Lyanna loved Rhager and he loved her, maybe she learned of what happened with Rhaegar's children.

Isn't this proof Rhaegar did not kidnap or rape her?  They were star-crossed lovers.  It wasn't a mistress situation.

It struck me the name could be pronounced "Asian" softening the J

8 minutes ago, Iron Mother said:

Isn't this proof Rhaegar did not kidnap or rape her?  They were star-crossed lovers.  It wasn't a mistress situation.

It struck me the name could be pronounced "Asian" softening the J

True.

Or, how I would spell it phonetically with a soft "J":

Ayzhawn

1 hour ago, Cron said:

I'm seeing a lot of comments about what Lyanna whispered.

Among other things she said, consensus seems to be that she said Jon's real full name, and the first syllable is "A."

Some people are speculating it's Aegon or Aemon, but I say "Aejon."

Aejon Targaryen.

Your thoughts?

She whispered:  "Eh-Jon" 

6 minutes ago, Dorian Martell said:

She whispered:  "Eh-Jon" 

Well, if you're right, then I'm right, cuz that would be spelled "Aejon," right?

Just like an Aegon was called "Egg," I believe, in the Dunk and Egg story.

Are you saying you could hear it, or somehow read her lips, or what?

4 minutes ago, Cron said:

Well, if you're right, then I'm right, cuz that would be spelled "Aejon," right?

Just like an Aegon was called "Egg," I believe, in the Dunk and Egg story.

Are you saying you could hear it, or somehow read her lips, or what?

That would make Aegon with a hard "G."  "Egg-on" if you will. 

Archived