Aejon Targaryen???

2 hours ago, Asvpxkvng said:

No one's saying that. Where did you get to that conclusion? I just don't like the sound of Aejon.

just something that struck me as we are all in here desperately researching Lyanna's Whisper about his name (if that's even wwhat it was). 

I wasn't saying you were stupid.  gods forbid.  If I wanted to insult you there would be a lot more charisma involved :)

33 minutes ago, Iron Mother said:

just something that struck me as we are all in here desperately researching Lyanna's Whisper about his name (if that's even wwhat it was). 

I wasn't saying you were stupid.  gods forbid.  If I wanted to insult you there would be a lot more charisma involved :)

Regarding the part about whether Lyanna said his name or not:

I've watched it 6 or 7 times with the volume very loud.  I am VERY confident she said "His name is..." but then her voice dropped to such a whisper that I could not make out what she said (although she WAS speaking)

7 hours ago, SpaceChampion said:

Well we won't know until next season at the earliest.  But it could be something honoring both families, like Rhaegon Eddard Targaryen, but i think Rhaegon Rickard Targaryen would sound cooler.

They don't do middle names, so there's no reason for FJon to have one.

Although I started the "Aejon" thing (to the best of my knowledge), I have to admit the possibilty (raised above) that she said "Azor" is interesting, coupled with the idea that "Jon " is nothing more than Ned's contrived cover based off of "Jon Arryn."  If Ned claimed to Robert that Jon was named after Jon Arryn, that would seem to strengthen Robert's affection for Jon Snow, too, but why would Ned claim he named a bastard after Jon Arryn, rather than his first trueborn son, Robb? (I know Jon was older)?

Not saying I'm convinced it's "Azor," but I have to admit that seems more likely than yet another Aegon or Aemon.

I(t's not Aegon. Rhaegar already named a kid Aegon. Unless the show decides to go totally off the rails. 

8 hours ago, CrypticWeirwood said:

But FJon himself said that he was no Aemon Targaryen. 

Therefore, that’s exactly who he is, thanks to the dramatic irony in that foreshadowing.

This. See the WoW thread. 

It also makes for a great comparison between the two. Both took the Black. Old Aemon refused to leave the NW to become king, despite the fact that many would have supported him to do so once Egg had died at Summerhall. Jon initially tries to desert, then Aemon convinces him to stay, then after Aemon is gone, Jon ultimately does desert the NW. 

Aemon is physically blind, but sees quite a bit. Much has been made of Jon being blind to danger. 

8 minutes ago, adiman83 said:

I'm pretty sure she said "Aegon".

I saw the clip many times and I agree that she said "Aegon". 

There's a slight difference in the way the lips/mouth look when you say "Aegon" in American accent and "Aegon" in the british accent. It definitely looked like Lyanna said "Aegon"... and maybe almost the first syllable of "Targaryen" before she was cut off.

6 minutes ago, CrypticWeirwood said:

Thanks. Just which thread exactly do you mean again please? There's so much traffic here today that it's impossible to keep up.

I started the thread a while back when I realized that a lot of theories pointed to Jon being legitimate, and even if he wasn't Rhaegar probably didn't pick "Jon" since it wasn't a historical Targaryan name. Also Jon Snow is about the most generic sounding name a Westerosi could have, right? 

11 minutes ago, Norsefyre said:

I’m Prince Aemon the Dragonknight,” Jon would call out, and Robb would shout back, “Well, I’m Florian the Fool.”

-A Storm of Swords – Jon XII

=)))

Yeah there's so much foreshadowing for Aemon we are almost hit over the head with it. 

I'd like to see ALL of the exact language from Clash of Kings when Dany is in the House of the Undying which relates to her vision of Rhaegar.

It's possible this might give us more insight, OR it might have been that Rhaegar was just wrong, and believed that his trueborn son (Aegon) was The Prince Who Was Promised, when actually it was his bastard son.  (Rhaegar being wrong is NOT impossible.  My memory is that at one point Rhaegar was thinking that he himself was the The Prince Who Was Promised, and I think it's pretty clear that was  wrong.)

Archived