Aejon Targaryen???

1 minute ago, Cron said:

Yeah, that's a joke for the old folks here, from Citizen Kane.

The young folks will probably have to Google it.

I just cannot help myself but I have to reveal more about Citizen Cane though, I feel the urge 

Spoiler

Rosebud is the name of his sled when he was a kid and that was the only time he was really happy. 

2 hours ago, The Dew said:

I just cannot help myself but I have to reveal more about Citizen Cane though, I feel the urge 

Reveal hidden contents

Rosebud is the name of his sled when he was a kid and that was the only time he was really happy. 

Like what?

Have you seen the movie?

6 minutes ago, true_winterrose said:

Cron, I think this is genius!! Now convinced that this is Jon's true name. Think about it, he's such a special character he won't have a name a dozen people have had before! He has to have one that's unique, like him.

I like the way you think!

Keep up the great work!

I watched her lips over and over, and it really looks like she says aegon. However, I don't think that's his name. I think they may have told the actress to say aegon, knowing there would be crazy people like us who would try to decipher it.. I think his real name is aemon, it makes the most sense to me, and it would be cool to rewatch the scene where jon discovers maester aemons identity as a targaryen. Either way, I think they baited us. They know better then to show lyanna saying his real name.

11 minutes ago, Tchzaelous said:

I'm still on the Aemon bandwagon: 

" Jon said once "I'm no Aemon Targaryen," and played at being "Aemon the Dragonknight" with Robb."

I wonder if the show will give him a differrent name than GRRM.

Wouldn't surprise me.

Maybe more than one theory here is "right."

Looks like true_winterrose's post to Cron has disappeared.

Cron, I think this is genius!! Now convinced that this is Jon's true name. Think about it, he's such a special character he won't have a name a dozen people have had before! He has to have one that's unique, like him.

Gee, I wonder why. :rolleyes:

I think Jon's true name is Aegon, hence my username. When Dany sees Rhaegar with a baby, he calls it Aegon and says it is the song of ice and fire. There is no ice in Rhaegar + Elia. I believe this was Rhaegar speaking to Jon, referencing his Stark and Targ ancestry. Jon is Aegon VII, the seventh of the line of Aerys II and Rhaella, and the Ruby we've been waiting for.

1 hour ago, Aegon VII said:

I think Jon's true name is Aegon, hence my username. When Dany sees Rhaegar with a baby, he calls it Aegon and says it is the song of ice and fire. There is no ice in Rhaegar + Elia. I believe this was Rhaegar speaking to Jon, referencing his Stark and Targ ancestry. Jon is Aegon VII, the seventh of the line of Aerys II and Rhaella, and the Ruby we've been waiting for.

They’ve already had one of those. The next son gets called Aemon.

25 minutes ago, CrypticWeirwood said:

They’ve already had one of those. The next son gets called Aemon.

Jon is a song of ice and fire. Rhaegar is holding a baby named Aegon and says his is a song of ice and fire. Jon is Aegon. It's simple math.

The two references to Jon being Aemon are definitely valid. I'm not sure if it's been mentioned before but there is another Aemon.

Jon is Aemon Steelsong. 

On June 27, 2016 at 8:18 AM, Charles Stuart said:

Jaehaerys is what I think, ned changed and shortened it to Jon to avoid suspicion. 

There was no Jaehaerys II in the show: Aerys II was the son of Aegon V in the show, so Rhaegar’s grandfather in the show was Aegon V.

Archived