What are your S7 predictions?

Lautrec

1 hour ago, Gaz0680 said:

I think next season will feature a few skirmishes toward the start, with various game players taking their positions (eg Dany establishing a base from which to launch her conquest, Euron attacking somewhere important, the Dornish making their moves, etc.

From there, I think most of season 7 will be political power plays, alliances and we'll see the "Game of Thrones" in overdrive. The season will end with the The Wall coming down and the real battle beginning, which will make them all realise how insignificant the power game really is.

Predictions for characters:

Cersei: I think it's pretty much guaranteed she will die toward the end of the season. She has no place in the war for dawn and everyone really fucki g hates her (for many many good reasons. Still she will cause a lot more havoc before she goes.

Jaime: He will likely be the one to kill Cersei(if not, then he will at least have a falling out with her and essentially pave the way for Arya to kill her). However he has no place in war for dawn and will be killed sometime after Cersei (or possibly even by Cersei, if the mad bitch decides to kill all her potential "valanquar's before they kill her). 

Jon: his power base will grow throughout the season and I reckon it will appear very likely he's going to become King....just before the Wall comes crashing down and he heads North to fight the WW (and die a hero in season 8). He will meet Dany at some point.

Tyrion: he will continue to advise Dany and will almost certainly become a dragon rider before season 8 begins.

Arya: Although I think GRRM has always had a different end game in mind for her than just being an assassin and her story focus will shift dramatically in season 8 (or end of S7), I feel next season at least we'll see her in full assassin mode for a while and several big names will die at her hand. Cersei, Melisandre, most of the BwB(esp. Beric Dondarion and Thoros) are all likely targets.

Sansa: She's going to "appear" to have betrayed Jon at some point early in season, but in reality is laying a trap for Littlefinger (which because of his hubris and feelings for Sansa, won't see coming) which will be his downfall. She will grow in her command and by end of season she will be fully confident in her rule.

Littlefinger: Will be humiliated but not killed by Sansa and I think will plot some genius and terrible plan that gets foiled by Varys.

Varys: I'm surprised so few have mentioned him. Varys is the ultimate game player and I'm fairly confident we'll see him at full stride in season 7. I also think he has something left up his sleeve that will be a major game hanger for the other players.

The Hound and the Mountain: Cleganebowl is coming. I think there's a decent chance the Mountain will win though (and then be killed by Arya)

Ser Jorah, Grey Worm, Missandei, Ellaria, Sand Snakes, Queen of Thorns, Euron, Asha, Theon - without a doubt a number of these characters will die (if not all) - most killed by major players mentioned above.

I can see a lot of this happening, but I'm not so sure about Varys: just like Cersei and Littlefinger, their game will come to an end in season 7, since a bigger evil looms, unless they want the game to be played while certain characters are fighting the Others, then it could be stretched to season 8.

By holding back the info about the Vale, Sansa may have contributed to the Death of Rickon. Now, considering the Northern Lords that showed up afterward, including the Manderly's, if the Vale was with them, they could have massed a huge seige of Winterfell and maybe "enticed" Ramsay's soldiers to "overthrow" Ramsay for generous terms. Ramsay is an evil Bastard who apparently was infamous as such around the Dreadfort and among Roose's men (unfortunately not famous enough for anyone in the rest of the North before Season 5). This whole delay in the Vale was probably a plot device that will continue to play out with the Sansa/Littlefinger dynamic into Season 7. Then again, the Vale Lords backed Jon as King in the North very openly while LF Sulked in the corner so maybe the show just did a very poor job at showing on screen what they intended.

Hmm, let me also guess for season 7!

- (Cersei) burn them all ver 2.0

- (Jaime) Queenslayer?

- (Sandor & Melisandre) crossing path with Arya

- (Arya) live for more revenge (she is worriable, really)

- (Brienne & Pod) is there any chance for them to meet Arya? So basically I predict everyone to meet Arya because I have no idea why they ended up in the same place as her: Riverlands. Even though there's another chance that Brienne will head north to go back to Sansa again.

- (Sansa) conspiring with Littlefinger? Stay being a stupid girl who never learn or keep loyal to the Starks

- (Jon) heading south to get warm. I just remembered his coversation with Edd and while knowing Winterfell is indeed south of The Wall, I still think Jon will go souther to warn people about their true enemy who will bring the storm

- (Bran) make it to Winterfell, and only get to meet Sansa, even though he want to meet Jon to tell everything. Maybe he can tell Sansa about RLJ reveal, or not. "Some secrets are safer kept hidden. Some secrets are too dangerous to share with those you love and trust."

- (Dany) she will land in Dragonstone, or Dorne, or King's Landing for better and attack Cersei in the very first episode, haha, but I don't think that will happen too soon. And also, make an alliance in Westeros by marrying no one. I don't like it to be happen, but Benioff said it himself, a Queen without King will be very useful. So I think Dany will indeed marry.

- (Sweetrobin) keep missing his shoot

- (Edmure) if he is lucky, Arya will release him and taking Riverrun back, if not, he will stay in cell

- (Gendry) still rowing

59 minutes ago, Winterstars said:

- (Gendry) still rowing

I could actually see the potential for him to be reintroduced in season 7, Ayra is potentially going to end up in Kings Landing and Cersei's capturing and maybe killing him would be an extra motivator.

If they look to show discontent with Cersei's rule in Kings Landing I think Gendry would make sense as well, maybe not desiring the throne but being pushed towards it by other interests or the mob if they find out who he is somehow.

That's the kind of plot I think the show could go with even if nothing similar happens in the books as its got potential to be pretty self contained.

27 minutes ago, MoreOrLess said:

I could actually see the potential for him to be reintroduced in season 7, Ayra is potentially going to end up in Kings Landing and Cersei's capturing and maybe killing him would be an extra motivator.

If they look to show discontent with Cersei's rule in Kings Landing I think Gendry would make sense as well, maybe not desiring the throne but being pushed towards it by other interests or the mob if they find out who he is somehow.

That's the kind of plot I think the show could go with even if nothing similar happens in the books as its got potential to be pretty self contained.

Someone with power will look for Grendy and push him forwards against Cersei maybe. I have the feeling in the end he will appear again and get all the credit while all the heroes die.

Season 7 will most likely focus on Cersei against Dany. Cersei will obviously lose, but what happens leading up to that great battle is the interesting part. Jaime will probably betray Cersei. Euron will join her, otherwise she doesn't stand a chance. Big battle in KL.

In the North, Jon and Sansa will have conflict between them. Bran will cross the Wall (Meet Edd) and go to Winterfell, Littlefinger HAS TO HAVE SOMETHING UP HIS SLEEVE, otherwise they'll have ruined the character.

Other than that, Jorah will probably go to some mystical place (Ashaii?) to cure his greyscale and reintroduce the whole prophecy aspect. And Samwell and the Citadel will be a huge part. We will probably get to see at least Marwyn and maybe Sarella Sand. And Jaqen will probably show up in Oldtown as well.

And I would love if Gendry came back. And Arya broke Edmure free and rallied the Tully forces.

On July 3, 2016 at 11:59 PM, Winter's Cold said:

Arya was a major character this season. She had an entire plot line to herself. She had the fifth most spoken lines, only one behind Sansa. She was also in 8 of 10 episodes same as all the other major characters. Her main problem is that she didn't interact with any other major characters. I expect that to change next season. 

It just didn't seem like it compared to King's Landing and the Northern story lines. I know she has her own story and I know she is one of the leads but it just felt like she wasn't in as much. I am happy she was in 8/10 episodes but some of her screen time was just but a few min. Where did you get the info for most spoken lines though? 

4 minutes ago, WolfQueenArya said:

It just didn't seem like it compared to King's Landing and the Northern story lines. I know she has her own story and I know she is one of the leads but it just felt like she wasn't in as much. I am happy she was in 8/10 episodes but some of her screen time was just but a few min. Where did you get the info for most spoken lines though? 

Well the Braavos storyline is insignificant to the larger over arching plot. It's only important for Arya. That doesn't mean that she wasn't a major character however. I got the spoken lines info from the gameofthrones sub on reddit.

1 hour ago, Winter's Cold said:

Well the Braavos storyline is insignificant to the larger over arching plot. It's only important for Arya. That doesn't mean that she wasn't a major character however. I got the spoken lines info from the gameofthrones sub on reddit.

Just spent too much time searching Reddit and couldn't find the thread. Help please! 

Predictions:

- Dany vs Euron and Cersei alliance. Dany will lost major bulk of her army, probably due to wildfire or sea storms. One of the dragons might get claimed by Euron because of the dragon horn. Dany will win though in the end, but her armies are severely depleted and King's landing in ruins. She'll need to get more allies, which might lead her to the King in the North, Jon.

- Jon will discover his true lineage through Bran, supported by Howland Reed. But before that, Jon will have to deal with Sansa and Littlefinger.  Sansa might not survive next season. If she stayed loyal to Jon and ousted Littlefinger, she still might die tragically in protecting the House Stark from him. If she goes all bitter and vengeful against Jon and allied herself with Littlefinger, she's definitely a goner, might get killed by the trap she'll lay for Jon. The Hound will expose Littlefinger for his role in betraying Ned Stark, and Arya will kill him in a brutal fashion.

- The wall falls in the finale

What about Gendry? He is a bastard, yes. But be may be used as a pawn against Cersei and/or other warlords. Someone with political power (like the Iron Bank) will find Gendry and legitimate him and make him a puppet king. Or maybe Cersei herself will find Gendry and make him a puppet king.

2 hours ago, Chib said:

What about Gendry? He is a bastard, yes. But be may be used as a pawn against Cersei and/or other warlords. Someone with political power (like the Iron Bank) will find Gendry and legitimate him and make him a puppet king. Or maybe Cersei herself will find Gendry and make him a puppet king.

The last point is interesting, potentially marrying Gendry would you could argue strengthen Cersei's position in terms of legitimacy with him also being someone who might be easier to manipulate plus provide further tension with Jamie. It would go somewhat against Cersei being totally ruthless and power mad looking to rule alone thoug plus get in the way of marrying or offering to marry Euron?

After the finale I would guess that Jon and Sansa badly falling out is not likely to happen quickly. What I think is more likely is that each looks to focus on the threat they know best, him the Walkers and her the politics to the south. That could potentially happen without any conflict between them, maybe Jon leaves for the Wall and/or Sansa returns to the Vale to potentially marry Robin? That could lead to the Vale forces potentially being involved with wars to the south, maybe Littlefinger trying to bargin a marriage with Daenerys in return? I can definitely see more potential for him in that story plus I get the sense he is going to be the last "political" threat in the story as he's been behind so much of whats happened.

1 hour ago, MoreOrLess said:

The last point is interesting, potentially marrying Gendry would you could argue strengthen Cersei's position in terms of legitimacy with him also being someone who might be easier to manipulate plus provide further tension with Jamie. It would go somewhat against Cersei being totally ruthless and power mad looking to rule alone thoug plus get in the way of marrying or offering to marry Euron?

At this point, it is a good move if somehow Cersei can get a hand on Robert's bastard and control him. At least from her view... however it might damage her in the long run....

3 hours ago, MoreOrLess said:

After the finale I would guess that Jon and Sansa badly falling out is not likely to happen quickly. What I think is more likely is that each looks to focus on the threat they know best, him the Walkers and her the politics to the south. That could potentially happen without any conflict between them, maybe Jon leaves for the Wall and/or Sansa returns to the Vale to potentially marry Robin? That could lead to the Vale forces potentially being involved with wars to the south, maybe Littlefinger trying to bargin a marriage with Daenerys in return? I can definitely see more potential for him in that story plus I get the sense he is going to be the last "political" threat in the story as he's been behind so much of whats happened.

Varys, Tyrion, and Olenna, aren't going to let Littlefinger within a 100-mile radius of Dany. No way a marriage alliance happens between those two. Dany's allies know too much about him.

2 hours ago, GravyFace said:

Varys, Tyrion, and Olenna, aren't going to let Littlefinger within a 100-mile radius of Dany. No way a marriage alliance happens between those two. Dany's allies know too much about him.

He's also just not that personally powerful, at least not officially. Much of his power is derived from personal relationships or temporary posts. In the show, he's not even the "Lord Paramount of the Trident" as he was appointed in the books. (not that the Riverlands is a particularly valuable ally at present anyway) He could try to say "...but I can also bring The Vale into the fold!", but would he really be able to? Would Yohn Royce backstab the Starks to serve Littlefinger's ambitions? I find that doubtful.

20 minutes ago, BrainsofCastemere said:

Do you think Dany could have trouble with her crossing. It is said that the narrow sea often has terrible storms in the fall.

This has happened many times in real life - The Mongol invasions of Japan, The Spanish Armada, the Fatimids against the Byzantines, etc - so I personally think storms seem the most likely way for Dany's presently unstoppable army to be weakened. Euron said "I am the Storm" while standing in a storm, and we know he's traveled the world, so I wonder if he's found a way to summon one up.

Archived