What are your S7 predictions?

Lautrec

• Euron and Cersei team up. Cersei sends him to attack the Reach to show Olenna a lesson.
  • The Tarlys all fight against Euron at Oldtown. The Hightower collapses.
  • Arya and Roslyn break Edmure out of jail.
  • Arya meets Melisandre.
  • The Brotherhood join Jon.
  • Sansa marries either Robin Arryn or Littlefinger and they're Queen and King of the Vale.
  • Jaime kills Cersei.

7 hours ago, mafro987daboss said:

I'm sick of the show's main characters having nothing bad happen to them.

Couldn't agree more. There isn't any tension. No matter what happens you know the good main character will always somehow live until the very end. Like I said before, mutliple stabs in the gut? No problem? Abduction by a Dothraki horde? No problem. Even dying? No problem.

But this logic only applies to Dany, Jon, Arya, Tyrion, Sansa, Bran and even Davos.

On 28/06/2016 at 10:43 PM, Solstice said:

What the hell are you talking about?

I'm referring to the endgame. Oh no Rickon died. While being 'bad' for Jon and Sansa, how on earth has that affected them in terms of providing something negative for their character arcs? Rickon's death had no significance for either of them in the finale- in fact it paved the way for either of them to become king/queen of the north.

Oh no Sansa was raped. I'm not getting into that whole discussion but again it did not significantly affect the plot- Ramsey was always going to be killed by one of our 'heroes'. 

Obviously bad things have happened to Dany (e.g. the pit attack) but never has it truly altered her plane-sailing story.

We need something truly momentous to happen. Dany losing a dragon (revealing them not to be invincible) for example would count.

18 hours ago, Zombies That Were Promised said:

The rest is too early to tell.  S8 we will see a lot of tertiary/secondary bite it vs the WW but I think the rest of our main cast is safe for the rest of the show........except Dany. Her death is foretold.

That's the one where she dies as she’s giving birth to FakeJon’s son, right?

Jaime and Cersei get busy on the Iron Throne, Cersei accidentally gets stabbed by one of the swords whilst Jaime is passionately choking her.

Sam learns the dragon version of Parseltongue.

Someone insults Stannis at least once per ep. 

Arya takes out all of house Frey by herself.

We learn Dany is not only immune to wildfire, but can absorb and weaponise it through her hair.

Jorah has become a stone man.

Jon transforms into an ice dragon wolf.

Sweet Robin is crowned King. 

Littlefinger and Varys have a race.

Gendry has built up so much momentum in his boat that he takes out Dany's entire naval force when he collides with it.

1 hour ago, CrypticWeirwood said:

That's the one where she dies as she’s giving birth to FakeJon’s son, right?

Um, what is this? Who is FakeJon?

S2 House of the Undying visions is more obvious than ever,  esp with the re-inclusion of the Dothraki and her rousing speech about the gift that Khal Drogo promised her before the Mother of Mountains.  She will find an empty Iron Throne in ashes, abandon it to venture North beyond the Wall, and in the blizzard storm and the snowy winds she will be reunited with Khal Drogo and her son in the Night Lands - the simple life Dany always wanted and was too caught up with being told by Viserys what was her birthright to realize that the simple life was all she wanted.  The house with the red door.

That's your bittersweet Dany ending.

Just wanted to point out that Bronze Yohn Royce was at Winterfell for the King in the North scene. He's the Vale's most experienced commander, I was annoyed he wasn't shown for Littlefinger's save but he was there retroactively. 

In broad terms I think that Season 7 will be everyone vs Cersei and Euron. (Not necessarily as a team. And I don't see the Northerners staying North for the whole season so Jon's and Dany's forces meeting with Cersei in the middle seems a fitting end to 7.)  Season 8 will be everyone vs White Walkers.

I don't know why but i dont think that Dany will Jamie if they ever meet. Yes he killed her father but with Tyrion's guidance she may realise that he in some twisted way did the right thing. Especially if she returns to a ruined KL by Cersi's hands. 

I think that Sansa wil play the double agent for her brother, LF will say "you must take winterfell, it's your right", she well say "yes, yes, tell me what's your plan LF, we must win over the usurper Jon Snow", he will unfold his plans to her, they will play some games of thrones with each other, and ultimately will be killed by Jon for conspiring against the KitN (LF will never be killed because his betrayal to Ned)

For me, Baelish is already dead when he unfolded his plans in the godswoods scene  

LF won the first round by KO on Cat+Robb, the second round will be against Jon+Sansa

23 hours ago, permaximum said:

Couldn't agree more. There isn't any tension. No matter what happens you know the good main character will always somehow live until the very end. Like I said before, mutliple stabs in the gut? No problem? Abduction by a Dothraki horde? No problem. Even dying? No problem.

But this logic only applies to Dany, Jon, Arya, Tyrion, Sansa, Bran and even Davos.

They are main character because they will be part of end game, that is what main character do. Multiple stub in the gut is plot hole. What you want to happen to Dany? To get raped by horse? Could that add some tension? From all those character you mentioned, only Davos and Jon didn`t do some horrible things, rest of them are not so good. End you know worst scars that person can have are psychological one and every of those characters above have huge psychological scar, that make them interesting.

- Sam discovers something important at the Citadel. 

- Euron attacks Oldtown , kills Randyll and Dickon and finds a magical horn. Sam , Gilly and the baby escapes .

- Jaime is mad at Cersei so he goes to Casterly rock and stays there for the rest of the season 

- Bran goes south and destroys the warding effect at the Wall

- Nights King kills the entire NW and marches south 

- Tyrion bounds with Viserion

- Dany makes stops in Valyria , Volantis and Pentos before Westeros. In Pentos she meets Gendry and legitimizes him.

- Arya meets BwB , Hound , Brienne and Melisandre. Arya , Brienne and BwB goes North . Hound and Mel goes south 

- Battle between Euron , Cersei and Dany in the Stormlands. Euron and Yara dies. One dragon and half of Danys army dies.

- Cersei burns down the red keep  and dies.

- Hound kills Gregor

- Bran has some more visions 

- Stark family reunion 

- Giant battle at Winterfell between Jon and the Nights King. Jon kills the NK and takes controll of the WW. Or Jon holds the NK at bay until Dany arrives . Though i dont want a Jon - Dany alliance. 

- Rhaegar as Jons father confirmed.

- Mel joins Dany

- Edmure controlls Riverlands again 

- Littlefinger survives the season 

- Jaqen in Oldtown

- Ellaria , Sand snakes , Olenna , Qyburn , Grey Worm , Missandei , Beric , Thoros all die.

- Darioo will never appear  again.

So in S8 we will have Jon vs Dany and the secret war between Littlefinger and Varys will come to a end. 

I think the 'strife' we see with Jon and Sansa is Jon wanting to move north to prepare for the WW's and LF pushing Sansa to make a play at KL. I mean, honestly, the sooner LF is gone the better as far as I'm concerned. I think the actor is great, the character has been key to the story but I'm just tired of him pulling off so many 'all-in bluffs' and coming out without a scratch. I'm just ready to see people (cough Sansa and Jon) wise up to his crap. It'd be a triple bonus, however, if Sandor arrives north and completely rats LF out to Sansa. 

-Cersie get news about what has happened in Winterfell and send army North, she want Sansa.

-Littlefinger try to use this invasion so he can overthrow Jon, he plan to change side and order KoTV to attack Northern forces. He think Sansa is on board with him.

-Sansa plot with Lord Royce against Littlefinger.

-Lannister army is in mess because of winter, Jon use this and lunch surprise attack on them.

-When battle is almost over and northerners wining, LF order KiTV to attack them. Lord Royce refuse and arrest LF, he was later sentenced to death.

-Daenerys get to Dragonstone and lunch attack on Kings Landing.

-After news reach KL about Daenerys arrival people in KL rebel against Cersie and riot start.

-After seeing that rioters will reach Red Keep Cersie run from KL with Quburn and Mountain and blow hole city with wild fire.

Cersie will form alliance with Euron, maybe marriage. Daenerys and Jon make pact and seal it with marriage, but before they know that he is Targ.(I would personally like that she marry Robin Arryn, that would be hilarious). 

Last episode Wall falling.

I have no idea what could happen with Jamie and Arya.

FIrst of all:

-Bran cross the Wall, allowing the Night's King to pass also. I don't Believe all of it will crash down, only some chunks big enough to the army of the dead pass

-Jon/Sansa will have some bad time due to Littefinger's scheming, but will put all aside with the iminent WW attack.

-Cersei will burn (or try) King's Landing once she realizes she cannot stop Dany's invasion. Then two things may happen: She succeds (Most Likely) or Jaime stops her by choking her with his gold hand, fulfiling the profecy.

-Some Sand Snakes will die. I believe Ellaria and Olenna make past the season

-Sam finds something really important concerning The Others, Dragons or both. Then he immediatly heads back to the North. Or just send a raven to Jon with the information

-Dany will succed at conquering King's Landing and all the rest of Westeros below Harrenhall, but at a great cost

Other possibilities:

-Euron poses some serious threat to Dany with the Horn from the books

-Cersei, Jaime or both escaped the ruined KL to gather the remaining Lannister force and gather at Casterly Rock to make a final stand. Instead of sending her whole army, Dany sends a part of it under Tyrion's command. Very unlikely, but i kinda like it

-Jaqen shows up in Westeros, mostly likely in Oldtown, but i don't believe the show will use this plotline

What if Cersei or Daenerys get captured by Euron 

Spoiler

And undego the same humiliations Aeron, Euron's salt wife, and others from the TWOW chapter GRRM recently read

Wouldnt that be a way to establish Euron as a worthy Big Bad this late in the game?  Fits with the bit about once Cersei's tears have drowned her, maybe Tyrion even 

Spoiler

takes on the role of the valonquar in killing Cersei, only its actually an act of mercy

Or if its Daenerys then it really gives her some of the adversity many have been clamoring for her to face.

My real preference is that Daenerys becomes the big bad, potentially refusing aid to Jon and the north against the WW, or using the promise of aid as a ruse to capture the north and imprison (or worse) the Starks and company who actually would be useful in the great war to come.  She'd be ignorant to or dismissive of the WW threat and maybe Tyrion, now a dragon rider, would have to betray her (for blood) to team up with Jaime and the Lannister army to defeat Dany, rescue Jon, and fight the WW.

I expect that the NK will speak or maybe via telepathy with Bran reveal the motivation for the WW to have woken up after 1000 year nap.  That would be a big WTF moment.

10 hours ago, Cragen said:

They are main character because they will be part of end game, that is what main character do. Multiple stub in the gut is plot hole. What you want to happen to Dany? To get raped by horse? Could that add some tension? From all those character you mentioned, only Davos and Jon didn`t do some horrible things, rest of them are not so good. End you know worst scars that person can have are psychological one and every of those characters above have huge psychological scar, that make them interesting.

If they're to survive till the end, there has to be a logical narrative that accompany it. Not some false sense of danger and plot holes each episode that viewers don't even blink at the thought of they're dying.

I didn't talk about the pain they endured throughout the series. It's just the fact that it will never kill them until the story is over. I thought GOT was different because it didn't follow the cliche cheesiness when it comes to the leading good characters. Otherwise we've seen dragons and zombies before in other shows. But we haven't seen things like Ned, Robb, Catelyn and even Oberyn's emotional and shocking deaths.

Archived