Who can Dany marry in Westeros?

norwaywolf123

20 hours ago, Iron Mother said:

What abilities?  From what I read, House Baratheon is basically an offshoot of Targaryen blood..... but of what powers do you speak?

The more I thought of this, Noah in egypto-judaic mythos rebuilt the whole human race from 8 people.  It doesn't even fit with the numeric model of The Matrix and Zion as for how many human males and human females would be required to succcessfully rebuild a population from decimation.

OK so I just linked Noah to Neo ... but I figure MACHINES / A.I. would know better than anyone how many people would be needed to do it.

The ability to control Dragons for one. It's something that only those with Targaryen and Valyrian blood can really do.

3 hours ago, A spoon of knife and fork said:

A Dany and Jaime marriage will definitely come up as a possibililty this season.  Unlike Jon, this match would be prudent and useful right away WRT Dany's desire to conquer and unite the southern kingdoms.  Also the dramatic potential of at least teasing a Dany / Jaime match is just too much for the show runners to pass up.  Or should be.  

1. He killed her dad (who she accepts deserved it but still).  

2. Valonquar / Younger and More beautiful Queen.  

3. He'll be afraid she's be as crazy as her dad.  But admire when he sees she's Rhaegar's sister.  Plus she's hot.

4. I think Dany would enjoy Jaime's personality given her fondness for Daario and Tyrion.  Plus he's hot.

5. Tyrion is in the mix too, who killed Jaime's father but would mourn the loss of their niece and nephew.

6. Jaime is/was romantically involved with the current Mad Queen of Westeros and secretly the father of the last 2 kings of Westeros.

I mean, don't we want to hash these things out???  I really hope that they aren't left as hanging threads.  

The biggest problem with Jon as a consort is that he is far, far in the north  Far away from the population and power centers of Westeros.  He has zero intention of moving south or leaving Winterfell for any reason except possibly desperation.  He doesn't care about southerners or their politics after what happened to his father.  Dany and Jon will not meet or probably even consider each other as anything requiring immediate attention until the end of this season or season 8. Possibly Bran or Littlefinger will help push Jon to send an envoy her way (Sansa and/or Brienne perhaps?).

I think it's likely Dany marries no one but there's lots of fun in universe shiptease with Jaime, Jon, and possibly Tyrion.  I don't think anyone else will come up.  

You know that this pairing would be weird.

First of all he killed her father. While she can pardon him, marrying is a bit extreme. She must be really mad to do it as Tyrells or Martells would never support her afterwards. She needs them as alies. Also Jaime is about Cersei or Brienne and always has been. As he said he wants todie in the arms of woman he loves which would be Brienne. Lannisters won't be in position of power to make it worthy of alliance. Especially if got someone who might be in control half of Westeros. I just can't see Daeny taking two husbands as she's child of three but showrunners might do it because they gave her everything.

how can Jaime be useful to Dany with uniting southern kingdoms?  He's a white cloak and has no authority other than what Cercei will give him.  and why does Cercei want to do anything but pour wildfyre on her as she's coming for the WAY usurped throne.  Way MORE usurped as in "my incest children ran things but now I killed everyone relevant and have declared myself First Of My Name".

Dany and Cersei are the FIRST persons that would get to scratching eyeballs.  THE.

Jamie is her puppet.  Would he help Dany just to spite Cercei?  At this point, I do not see her reserving that wildfyre for anyone - especially not for Jaime.  Anything that gets between her and power. 

IS Jaime hot?  I hadn't noticed.  Elaria No One seems more Jaime's speed.  His attractive factors are annoying.  His face was made to be hated and demeanor (much of the time) just adds to it.

Casterly Rock is drained, funny how there is no cash reserve coming out of there but Cersei acts like it is the new Iron Bank of Braavos.

Spoiler

I don't think they unite through marriage.  I think that Bran will identify Dany, Jon, and Tyrion as the three heads of the dragon.  I think Dany will become queen, and she will treat them as family and they will "rule" together.  Jon will be warden of the North, Tyrion is the hand, or winds up at the Rock.  I think the ultimate moral of the story will be unity, and that as the humans unite to ward off the WW, there will be common ground.  It's the end of Rocky IV, "If I can change and you can change, we can all change".  A show ending like that would not surprise me, everyone's favorites get to win.

4 hours ago, A spoon of knife and fork said:

A Dany and Jaime marriage will definitely come up as a possibililty this season.  Unlike Jon, this match would be prudent and useful right away...

I think you are forgetting that Jaime killed her father. Dany won't forget that. 

1 hour ago, Iron Mother said:

how can Jaime be useful to Dany with uniting southern kingdoms?  He's a white cloak and has no authority other than what Cercei will give him. 

He's not part of the kingsguard anymore. He was dismissed by Tommen and ordered to lead the Lannister army to take back Riverrun. Without that obligation he is the de facto head of the Lannister family and Lord of Casterly Rock. Or at least he was. I don't know what his position within the Lannister ranks is now that Cerci has taken the throne. But he is allowed to hold titles, marry and have children now.

1 hour ago, SwordofEarlyAfternoon said:
  Hide contents

I don't think they unite through marriage.  I think that Bran will identify Dany, Jon, and Tyrion as the three heads of the dragon.  I think Dany will become queen, and she will treat them as family and they will "rule" together.  Jon will be warden of the North, Tyrion is the hand, or winds up at the Rock.  I think the ultimate moral of the story will be unity, and that as the humans unite to ward off the WW, there will be common ground.  It's the end of Rocky IV, "If I can change and you can change, we can all change".  A show ending like that would not surprise me, everyone's favorites get to win.

I don't think they will do the Tyrion thing.  That's just my opinion.  I don't get that vibe. 

Also, who would prove it?  Anyone old enough to know is dead and lots of people died in the Sept Splatter.  It would be rumors only.  But then, there are still people would could prove ToJ.... but "prove"?  I don't know.  At this point, people could come out of the woodwork being like "I'm the third!" and how would it be validated.  Plus, to see Tyrion get on a dragon would be worse than seeing Dany climb Dogon's wing like a step stool.  That was functional but total cheese.  And Tyrion needs to ride a special horse - "one that he knows well and can respond to voice commands". 

A whole lotta magic for all that.  Those two dragons from the crypt I don't trust them.  They have got to be pissed at being locked up.  Dany has not interacted with them... they only heard Drogon's "call" and broke out to go fighting.

13 minutes ago, Iron Mother said:

I don't think they will do the Tyrion thing.  That's just my opinion.  I don't get that vibe.

I agree with you, furthermore, the prophecy of the 3 heads of the dragon doesn't exist in the show and the final nail in the coffin was the scene of Daenerys in Meerren, she was controlling all her 3 dragons by herself, there is no need for other riders

and Tyrion is not the fighter type to ride a dragon, his mind is his strongest feature

Just now, Future Null Infinity said:

I agree with you, furthermore, the prophecy of the 3 heads of the dragon doesn't exist in the show and the final nail in the coffin was the scene of Daenerys in Meerren, she was controlling all her 3 dragons by herself, there is no need to other riders

I didn't think she was controlling them.  I got from it Drogon screeched to them in the language of Dragon to COME OUT and they followed his lead.  If HE is even a HE.  We don't know any of that.  They didn't blast any of the ships until Drogon did.  She didn't yell at them DRACARYS.  It was time they let off some proverbial steam.  They were clearly hovering around Drogon and following him/her.  Unless there is unnamed magic going on.  Which seems to always be the case in the show's unexplained events.

And yes, you are right, the 3 heads were not addressed in the show.... except for on the bannerhead of House Targaryen.  That I would guess came from Aegon and the 2 sisters who rode their dragons.  In the book the sister rode her dragon South as South goes just to see what was there, and it was some jungle place, rancid, down on the part of the map we have never seen.  She was gone for I think 2 years or something.

29 minutes ago, Lord Stannis-The True King said:

He's not part of the kingsguard anymore. He was dismissed by Tommen and ordered to lead the Lannister army to take back Riverrun. Without that obligation he is the de facto head of the Lannister family and Lord of Casterly Rock. Or at least he was. I don't know what his position within the Lannister ranks is now that Cerci has taken the throne. But he is allowed to hold titles, marry and have children now.

hmm missed that.  Is Jaime even a guard now at all?  This Casterly Rock thing bothers me, we've never seen it, it's barely described even in WOIAF and Jaime wants Cercei but she no longer wants him.  She just wants the power she's been waiting for.  The gaul of gatting "Lord" Qyburn to crown her was insane.  Who are these people?  We have unknown people and bastards ruling Dorne now, Riverrun is in ruins (the entire Riverlands) and people like Littlerfinger who was basically descended from a Vale Thrall into owning Harrenhal and all these other titles. 

That's what happens when the ignoble climb on to the ruins of a failed Noble rule.  The zoo gate is open and the masters have been devoured.  Sound familiar?  I have a hard time believing Dhario will be able to effectively rule Mereen.  But for the show sake, they will make it as Dany's triumph and be like "look, she ended Slaver's Bay".  That's actually funny.  Like any of these people would give up on slavery because the Dragon queen burnt a fleet them flew away for Westeros. 

She's gonna have to run those ships and dragons back and forth over and over to keep that rule at all.  But it won't ever be mentioned again.  Plus, ANOTHER unknown person of the Second Sons ruling there in her place?  Is he a Breaker of Chain then simply by having lain with Dany in the pyramid?  Just silly.  I cannot even recall if Dhario is in the books or not.  Not that it matters :ph34r:

17 minutes ago, Future Null Infinity said:

and Tyrion is not the fighter type to ride a dragon, his mind is his strongest feature

lol, but it's always said his mind is his ONLY feature.  Like how even in season 1 he's reading a book and Jon asks why and he explains when you're a dwarf you have to excel at something, so I read.  He's very intelligent.  Does it take intelligence to ride a dragon?  If he's a Third, maybe it's just instilled spells and magic, but not like he has to learn how to use apparatus or whatever.  If "Dracarys" works universally then......... it's just a word :wub:

3 minutes ago, Iron Mother said:

lol, but it's always said his mind is his ONLY feature.  Like how even in season 1 he's reading a book and Jon asks why and he explains when you're a dwarf you have to excel at something, so I read.  He's very intelligent.  Does it take intelligence to ride a dragon?  If he's a Third, maybe it's just instilled spells and magic, but not like he has to learn how to use apparatus or whatever.  If "Dracarys" works universally then......... it's just a word :wub:

Dragons are in the realm of magic, Dany rides Drogon because she have a magical bound to him, not all the characters have the magical features in their stories, example : Sansa, Tyrion, Littlefinger, Jaime..........

1 hour ago, LifeRuiner said:

I think you are forgetting that Jaime killed her father. Dany won't forget that. 

Oh Love can solve any problem.  And if they wrote her and Jaime, then she will go into some kind of "I really now understand my father was horrible, how can I repay you for ending his rule?" when the whole time, all that ever motivated her was the Usurper and how her father was victimized.  Barriston told her, so did Tyrion (through what Jaime said) her dad was cray... so it it wants Dany/Jamie, we will get Dany/Jamie. 

That would be the most gross thing tho.  For one, to start some OTHER drama between Jaime and Cercei.... a wildfyre under Cercei that the man she loved since THE WOMB (but whom she no longer wants but you know how that goes NO ONE ELSE CAN HAVE HIM) I would love to see her try to pull a wildfyre jape on Daenerys only to see her standing there naked being like "excuse me?  Don't you know who I AM"  Apparently you haven't scrolled through my titles which include THE UNBURNT."  And "DID YOU JUST TRY TO BURN ME, BITCH?"

Just now, Future Null Infinity said:

Dragons are in the realm of magic, Dany rides Drogon because she have a magical bound to him, not all the characters have the magical features in their stories, example : Sansa, Tyrion, Littlefinger, Jaime..........

not YET.............. who expected Jon's biblical power of rising from death?  How do we know there isn't some unknown magic in the House of Baratheon and Gendry busts out some shocking ability?  Maybe he can fly and that's why there's a rowboat circling outside Dragonstone now

2 minutes ago, Iron Mother said:

not YET.............. who expected Jon's biblical power of rising from death?  How do we know there isn't some unknown magic in the House of Baratheon and Gendry busts out some shocking ability?  Maybe he can fly and that's why there's a rowboat circling outside Dragonstone now

Everybody knew that Jon have magical features in his story since season 2 with the appearance of the WW in the show

1 minute ago, Iron Mother said:

With a name like "LifeRuiner"........ ?  Stab my mithril, if it please my Lord.

Ahahaha. My true nature betrayed by my own username. No, but really, Dany and Jaime is so out there, it might be on another Planetos. 

1 minute ago, LifeRuiner said:

Ahahaha. My true nature betrayed by my own username. No, but really, Dany and Jaime is so out there, it might be on another Planetos. 

My thought exactly.  I could more likely see him with Brienne in the end... only after a botched battle with TORMOND!  I've seen Jaime wanting Brienne of the Sapphires and it's more his speed, she's a fierce warrior.. and I think she wants him.  They are not open to admitting it.  And what is better, she could cut down Cersei over that kind of suppressed love. 

Because we all know Cersei will not allow Jaime to be with anyone even tho she doesn't want him anymore.  But in reality, their children are all dead now.... they have nothing between them now really.  That can kill even the most ardent love in Incesteros.  And she's the Mad Queen, Jaime might probably kill her.... but I swear by the Old Gods and the New if Arya does not masquerade as one of Cercei's handmaidens and get to her private chambers to get her first, the show will be forever ruined and I will have to return to the books where THAT is most likely going to happen.  Cersei is on the top of that Kill List behind Frey. 

SHE NEEDS TO DO THIS..................... FOR ME :o

Archived