Who can Dany marry in Westeros?

norwaywolf123

17 hours ago, nothatso said:

He's also said that in the same breath that he praised the "bittersweet ending" of The Lord of the Rings, which was mostly bitter for the smallfolk and mostly sweet for the main characters. Not to say his ending will be exactly the same, but people read way too much into the "bittersweet" thing. They also tend to look at things in a bubble. For example, if every other character in this story died horrifically, but Jon and Dany got married, is that still too happy and not bittersweet enough?

As I think has been discussed previously in this thread, there are also other factors that work against the notion of this idea being cliche or inherently happy, such as the fact that it's incest or that political marriages are not usually initiated by romance. So there is no guarantee of love ever entering the relationship. Or of them having children. Or of them both surviving. Etc.

17 hours ago, Winds of Winter blow cold said:

A happy marriage with no kids? Bittersweet enough for you?

GRRM has said the ending will be bittersweet. What that means is up for debate. My interpretation is something not too obvious, while not being exactly what fans want with a bit of sadness but still justificative satisfaction. A Dany Jon relationship is too obvious even if its politically advantageous. Marrying Jamie would politically be helpful in that it would make the Lannisters an invaluable ally for the Targaryens. One of the causes for Robert's Rebellion was the growing distaste between the Lannisters and Targaryens. I would throw Euron into the mix because he is exactly Dany's type. Think about it, a sexy, conquering, arrogant, sex-loving person. Not that I would want that. the North might come into the seven kingdoms after the war for the dawn. Dany might also just have more than one husband. Polygamy and Polyandry are sort of a thing for targaryens. Plus GRRM has also criticized Lord of the Rings on the predictablility of it. Even tough he bases some aspects of his writing on to ASOIAF, he is going to be very original and abstract.

2 hours ago, LifeRuiner said:

I think you are forgetting that Jaime killed her father. Dany won't forget that. 

In the show Dany has accepted her father was a mad man and deserved to die.  Tyrion telling her this caused her to reconsider mass murder.  There will certainly be an interesting conversation but it won't end with Dany sentencing him to die.  

Anyway like I said I don't think they actually marry.  But it will be considered.

1 minute ago, Vhaegon Targaryen I said:

GRRM has said the ending will be bittersweet. What that means is up for debate. My interpretation is something not too obvious, while not being exactly what fans want with a bit of sadness but still justificative satisfaction. A Dany Jon relationship is too obvious even if its politically advantageous. Marrying Jamie would politically be helpful in that it would make the Lannisters an invaluable ally for the Targaryens. One of the causes for Robert's Rebellion was the growing distaste between the Lannisters and Targaryens. I would throw Euron into the mix because he is exactly Dany's type. Think about it, a sexy, conquering, arrogant, sex-loving person. Not that I would want that. the North might come into the seven kingdoms after the war for the dawn. Dany might also just have more than one husband. Polygamy and Polyandry are sort of a thing for targaryens. Plus GRRM has also criticized Lord of the Rings on the predictablility of it. Even tough he bases some aspects of his writing on to ASOIAF, he is going to be very original and abstract.

I don't know!  Did you see Cercei's big yellow rock ring in the last episode?  That's CASTERLY rock.  I believe she "first of her name" is ruling as not Baratheon but LANNISTER!  Problems with the Queen v her brother over who owns that kingdom?  

Euron was not sexy to me.  Those Iron Men are filthy. And to be honest, Euron was the most generic man/character we've seen in this show in forever.  He rivals Edmure IMO.  Plus Dany knows he just wants to give her his big c0ck then kill her once she has the throne.  Will she fall for that?  She has Kraken allied with Asha and Theon.

I based Dany and Jon on really one thing: it's called The Song of Ice and Fire.  Jon is Ice AND Fire (mainly Ice) Dany is Fire.  I have no other real reason to call a Jon/Dany union....

speaking of LOTR, there is no Arwen.  I was upset that she usurped GLORFINDEL while bringing Frodo across the river to Agent Smith.  I never got past reading Two Towers so I can't remember if Stryder/Aragorn married someone at the end.

17 minutes ago, Iron Mother said:

My thought exactly.  I could more likely see him with Brienne in the end... only after a botched battle with TORMOND!

Does Tormund have to lose? Maybe a tall blond southron warrior is his type. So they can just enjoy a menage of sorts. Every night, they fight, all three of them. Whoever loses, goes to pitch a tent alone. 

4 minutes ago, A spoon of knife and fork said:

In the show Dany has accepted her father was a mad man and deserved to die.  Tyrion telling her this caused her to reconsider mass murder.  There will certainly be an interesting conversation but it won't end with Dany sentencing him to die.  

Anyway like I said I don't think they actually marry.  But it will be considered.

Do you mean Jaime?  Of course she will consider it, she is going specifically for a marriage alliance.  I agree with @LifeDrainer it would be ridiculous tho.  And Cercei would not be having any parts of that.  Bring the wildfyre!  And if I'm right that Cercei has assumed the throne under the banner of Casterly Rock then she has an imminent battle with Jaime for who owns the House coming up.  And since the "male heir" thing is now turned on its head, and she is the Mad Queen, who knows, SHE might have Jaime killed.  There's a lot of pent of violence there.  She probably drunkenly blames Jamie for Myrcella and Joffrey and maybe even Tommen (she makes up whatever she wants and believes it) and perhaps Tywin....... and we haven't dealt yet with Jaime having let the Imp go free. 

In the book, she is SO obsessed with Tyrion it's unreal.  For non-readers, you MUST read about her unending vile nightmares about Tyrion and how all these people are coming to Qyburn with severed dwarf heads... and she blows up the Tower of the Hand because she thinks Tyrion is still creeping inside the hearth caverns.  It's beyond hilarious.

4 minutes ago, LifeRuiner said:

Does Tormund have to lose? Maybe a tall blond southron warrior is his type. So they can just enjoy a menage of sorts. Every night, they fight, all three of them. Whoever loses, goes to pitch a tent alone. 

I didn't say he would lose..... but would Brienne choose him?  I really think she has the feels for Jaime.  She had it for Renly but for the wrong reasons.  She and Jaime became very close.  I would be satisfied with them together.  And I would be satisfied with Tormond also.  His whole thing about the "wet baby seal" was very sexy.  Plus I love big ginger men.  I'm married to one!

4 hours ago, Quyen Thuy Tran said:

Marrying a Lannister whom her allies all want to skin alive (Tyrells, Dorne) is stupid and if it happened it would be her doom. She would be stupid to break the alliance with Dorne and Tyrells just because Jamie is hot. 

Tyrells have nothing against Jaime specifically.

Dorne is already a problem because of Tyrion.  Tyrion won't accept the murderer of his neice as ally.  I assume this will be resolved with Tyrion and Dany still a team and Elaria dead.  Lannisters led by Jaime >> Dorne by every measure.  

Jamie if he has any romantic attachment it won't be Dany, and he wouldn't feel happy if he had to marry the daughter of the man he killed. He might be a jerk but he also has some common sense and he also feels shame.

I agree Jaime loves two women already.  And he's going to end up with Brienne if anyone.  I'm not sure I understand the idea that he can't be with her because of shame Though.  If she holds no grudge why should he?  I do think Jaime will be really wary of Dany though.

Dany if she can win KL by force, she doesn't need to marry any Lannister at all. They were the ones who killed her whole family. Marrying one Lannister (except Tyrion who gave her his loyalty) would make her look stupid to the whole Westeros. 

If anything, Dany will more likely to kill Jamie and Cersei gets mad. 

I don't think any marraige to Dany will actually occur.  But it is literally the only reasonable political match for Dany in the current environment. 

also Dany is highly unlikely to kill Jaime given what we saw last season (her accepting without comment that Haime killing Aerys was right).  And Cersei wouldn't care if she did so what's the point.

5 hours ago, Quyen Thuy Tran said:

But Jon never has any thoughts about the IT loll, he never wants to be king. He is like: "please stop giving me responsibility!! I only want to get warm..." 

But being Jon he will take it even if it makes him miserable. 

1 hour ago, Iron Mother said:

I don't know!  Did you see Cercei's big yellow rock ring in the last episode?  That's CASTERLY rock.  I believe she "first of her name" is ruling as not Baratheon but LANNISTER!  Problems with the Queen v her brother over who owns that kingdom?  

Euron was not sexy to me.  Those Iron Men are filthy. And to be honest, Euron was the most generic man/character we've seen in this show in forever.  He rivals Edmure IMO.  Plus Dany knows he just wants to give her his big c0ck then kill her once she has the throne.  Will she fall for that?  She has Kraken allied with Asha and Theon.

I based Dany and Jon on really one thing: it's called The Song of Ice and Fire.  Jon is Ice AND Fire (mainly Ice) Dany is Fire.  I have no other real reason to call a Jon/Dany union....

speaking of LOTR, there is no Arwen.  I was upset that she usurped GLORFINDEL while bringing Frodo across the river to Agent Smith.  I never got past reading Two Towers so I can't remember if Stryder/Aragorn married someone at the end.

I don't like Euron in the show because they perceive him to be some douche. In the books, Euron's character is so much more. He actually is so cold, calculating, and persuading. Dany is right about Euron and i don't like a Dany Euron match anyway, but marrying him would give a navy, the ironborn, and the dragon horn that he has. I agree with you about the ironborn though.

Dany and Jon, again it's too obvious. The Ice and Fire thing is however debatable. What if Jon dies fighting the Wight Walkers. And we forget about the Three Heads of The Dragon Prophecy. What if Tyrion is actually a Targaryen. Then it makes a complication to the Ice and Fire idea.

Long story short, if tyrion is a targaryen bastard, with Jon and Dany, it fits the prophecy really well. If he isn't, who is the third head.

Dany's spouse might end up being:

• jon
  • tyrion
  • jamie
  • euron
  • sweetrobin
  • bran

So who would it be. Honestly if it were up to Dany, she might just invade the north, or leave it so it would stay a seperate kingdom. I don't know. And we are all forgetting Sansa. Would she marry littlefinger? She might marry jon in some 3rd degree incest thing or even Tyrion or Sweetrobin or the even Jamie.

If sansa marrys tyrion, that would end his chance. Again or Dany might just do polyanrdy or have brother husbands(being tyrion and jamie). Yout tell me.

10 minutes ago, Vhaegon Targaryen I said:

I don't like Euron in the show because they perceive him to be some douche. In the books, Euron's character is so much more. He actually is so cold, calculating, and persuading. Dany is right about Euron and i don't like a Dany Euron match anyway, but marrying him would give a navy, the ironborn, and the dragon horn that he has. I agree with you about the ironborn though.

Dany and Jon, again it's too obvious. The Ice and Fire thing is however debatable. What if Jon dies fighting the Wight Walkers. And we forget about the Three Heads of The Dragon Prophecy. What if Tyrion is actually a Targaryen. Then it makes a complication to the Ice and Fire idea.

Long story short, if tyrion is a targaryen bastard, with Jon and Dany, it fits the prophecy really well. If he isn't, who is the third head.

Dany's spouse might end up being:

• jon
  • tyrion
  • jamie
  • euron
  • sweetrobin
  • bran

So who would it be. Honestly if it were up to Dany, she might just invade the north, or leave it so it would stay a seperate kingdom. I don't know. And we are all forgetting Sansa. Would she marry littlefinger? She might marry jon in some 3rd degree incest thing or even Tyrion or Sweetrobin or the even Jamie.

If sansa marrys tyrion, that would end his chance. Again or Dany might just do polyanrdy or have brother husbands(being tyrion and jamie). Yout tell me.

All this Jaime talk...... how is Jaime a Targaryen being Cersei's TWIN?  So they are both Targs?  And then Tyrion too?  Aerys was busy with Joanna I guess, and Tywin just rolled with it.

No way Jaime is.  No way Euron Crowseye.  No way Sweet Robyn, No way Bran.

It might be multiple people.... but not those IMO.  WHERE did this Jaime theory happen?  It's so far out of reality.

In a weird universe I can see Dany being seduced by Littlefinger but with Varys as advisor she would just know better.

3 minutes ago, Iron Mother said:

All this Jaime talk...... how is Jaime a Targaryen being Cersei's TWIN?  So they are both Targs?  And then Tyrion too?  Aerys was busy with Joanna I guess, and Tywin just rolled with it.

No way Jaime is.  No way Euron Crowseye.  No way Sweet Robyn, No way Bran.

It might be multiple people.... but not those IMO.  WHERE did this Jaime theory happen?  It's so far out of reality.

In a weird universe I can see Dany being seduced by Littlefinger but with Varys as advisor she would just know better.

This video explains pretty well about the tyrion targaryen theory.

Jamie and cersei 99% aren't Targaryens. Sorry for the confusion. Tyrion might possibly be some secret targaryen, but it isn't known. In all honesty its probably going to be jon, tyrion, maybe euron, and Jamie that she is going to marry, but we can't leave out all the possibilities. She might have tyrion and jamie as husbands, or jon, or any combination.

1 hour ago, A spoon of knife and fork said:

Tyrells have nothing against Jaime specifically.

Dorne is already a problem because of Tyrion.  Tyrion won't accept the murderer of his neice as ally.  I assume this will be resolved with Tyrion and Dany still a team and Elaria dead.  Lannisters led by Jaime >> Dorne by every measure.  

I agree Jaime loves two women already.  And he's going to end up with Brienne if anyone.  I'm not sure I understand the idea that he can't be with her because of shame Though.  If she holds no grudge why should he?  I do think Jaime will be really wary of Dany though.

I don't think any marraige to Dany will actually occur.  But it is literally the only reasonable political match for Dany in the current environment. 

also Dany is highly unlikely to kill Jaime given what we saw last season (her accepting without comment that Haime killing Aerys was right).  And Cersei wouldn't care if she did so what's the point.

Tyrion will never know that Dorne killed his niece... Or it will never be mentioned. He afterall killed his own father. I highly doubt that he would go to Dorne and complain about that, especially when their prince died for him. 

The queen of thorn will not like Jamie as she knows he will protect Cersei. The way of Jamie is that he will stay at KL and defend it until Cersei gets mad and burns them all. I see no reason for the Tyrell army to forgive any of them. Not to mention Tyrell actually has more army than Lannisters. 

if I were Jamie I would feel shame to get married to the woman that I killed her father even it's out of duty. And I doubt that Dany will fancy that idea either. 

If Jamie stays and tries to protect Cersei until the very end, it's not a surprise that Dany doesn't mind killing him. 

While Daenerys may accept her father's reign needed to end, he was still her father, and Jaime was still his Kingsguard, sworn to protect him.

Maybe she could accept Jaime killing Aerys, but Jaime didn't just kill Aerys, he also just sat on the Iron Throne afterwards and didn't do a damned thing to protect her sister-in-law, niece, and nephew - Rhaegar's wife and children, Elia, Rhaenys, and Aegon.

There is zero possibility that Daenerys marries Jaime. For him, his best case scenario for treatment from her is being allowed to take the Black or maybe permanent exile in Essos, in lieu of execution.

She cannot afford to set the precedent that it is okay to betray your oaths and murder someone you have sworn to protect. She has to punish Jaime - and that most likely will involve an execution, but between his reason for killing Aerys and Tyrion trying to save his brother, she might be persuaded to allow Jaime to take the Black instead of taking his head, but there's no way she can be merciful to the point of permitting him to inherit Casterly Rock and be the next Lord Lannister, much less actually marrying him.

Jaime is even more off the table than Euron is as far as being marriage prospects for Daenerys goes.

1 hour ago, Quyen Thuy Tran said:

Tyrion will never know that Dorne killed his niece... Or it will never be mentioned. He afterall killed his own father. I highly doubt that he would go to Dorne and complain about that, especially when their prince died for him. 

Maybe you're right, but it seems like an obvious thing to do - whenever you have characters thrown together the past tends to come out.  At least if (and i think when) Tyrion and Jaime converse, then Tyrion will find out about what his allies really are.  

And there's no way that the Tyrion we see in the show would be ok with Myrcellas brutal murder.  Tywin is no comparison - he was a mass murderer and rapist,  and deserved to die.  Myrcella was innocent.  Tyrion has a thing about protecting the weak, much like Jon and Dany.  He will probably point out to those Snakes what Oberyn would have thought of their actions. 

The queen of thorn will not like Jamie as she knows he will protect Cersei. The way of Jamie is that he will stay at KL and defend it until Cersei gets mad and burns them all. I see no reason for the Tyrell army to forgive any of them. Not to mention Tyrell actually has more army than Lannisters. 

Yes, QoT would have a problem with Jaime if and only if he's Cerseis pawn.  If he's broken with her what's the problem?  I'm assuming this happens pretty quick given that look he gave her.

if I were Jamie I would feel shame to get married to the woman that I killed her father even it's out of duty. And I doubt that Dany will fancy that idea either. 

She doesn't know her father, except as the "mad King" and Jaime as the guy who put him out of his and everyone else's misery.  

If i found out late in life that my father was a serial killer, and I met the cop who shot him to death just in time to save the next victim, I really don't think I'd hold it against that guy.  If I happened to meet him it would be an interesting conversation, but I wouldn't expect or put any shame on him.  

If Jamie stays and tries to protect Cersei until the very end, it's not a surprise that Dany doesn't mind killing him. 

I think you've badly misread Jaimes character if you think he's Cerseis puppet.  Jaime has either directly disobeyed Cersei or done (moral) things he know she'd never want.  He is consistent in this since he returned wih Brienne.  His look at the end tells it all - he's completely horrified and knows she won't be on that throne long. 

2 minutes ago, Winds of Winter blow cold said:

Jaimie boosters, you seem to forget that he has sworn to kill Tyrion! Dany won't cotton to a guy who's out to kill her Hand.

Words are wind / actions speak louder than words.

Jaime says a shit ton of things that are demonstrated later to be complete bullshit.  This will be one of them.  

4 hours ago, Future Null Infinity said:

I agree with you, furthermore, the prophecy of the 3 heads of the dragon doesn't exist in the show and the final nail in the coffin was the scene of Daenerys in Meerren, she was controlling all her 3 dragons by herself, there is no need for other riders

and Tyrion is not the fighter type to ride a dragon, his mind is his strongest feature

We don't know that Dany was controlling the dragons she wasn't riding; I'm not completely convinced that she was even "controlling" Drogon in the strongest sense of that word. The other two may well simply have been joining in the fun.

The affinity between dragons and Targaryens is a way to show who actually is a Targaryen. FakeJon and Tyrion would be able to use this.

And while Tyrion's mind is indeed his strongest feature, he is unlikely to be any better at being “one with his inner dragon” than Dany is — nor it must be said that much worse either.

But FakeJon is a skinchanger. He can place his mind into the body of a beast, see with that creature's eyes, run with its feet, eat with its jaws. If FakeJon develops the Targaryen superpower of dragonriding through an affinity with one of the two unclaimed dragons, then he will also be able to use the Stark superpower of skinchanging. He won’t have to ride his dragon to see what his dragon sees. FakeJon is very special.

This is something that Dany has not done, something we have no hint of the dragonriders of old ever doing. But the heir to both the Iron Throne and the throne of the Kings of Winter could, and doubtless shall. He played at being Prince Aemon the Dragonknight foreshadowed that a dragonknight he would become, and a prince as well.

But the greatest of all superpowers rests in the least among us.

No, not Tyrion FitzRoy, our hero FakeJon’s half-uncle, but rather FakeJon’s little cousin, that broken boy whose story started this song: “A thousand eyes, a hundred skins, wisdom deep as the roots of ancient trees. A greenseer.”

The greenseers were more than that. They were wargs as well, as you are, and the greatest of them could wear the skins of any beast that flies or swims or crawls, and could look through the eyes of the weirwoods as well, and see the truth that lies beneath the world.

The dragons will be no problem: the North has what the Valyrian Freehold never had: skinchangers and greenseers.

Why, I bet Bran could fly all three of them at once were he so inclined!

14 minutes ago, CrypticWeirwood said:

We don't know that Dany was controlling the dragons she wasn't riding; I'm not completely convinced that she was even "controlling" Drogon in the strongest sense of that word. The other two may well simply have been joining in the fun.

The affinity between dragons and Targaryens is a way to show who actually is a Targaryen. FakeJon and Tyrion would be able to use this.

And while Tyrion's mind is indeed his strongest feature, he is unlikely to be any better at being “one with his inner dragon” than Dany is — nor it must be said that much worse either.

But FakeJon is a skinchanger. He can place his mind into the body of a beast, see with that creature's eyes, run with its feet, eat with its jaws. If FakeJon develops the Targaryen superpower of dragonriding through an affinity with one of the two unclaimed dragons, then he will also be able to use the Stark superpower of skinchanging. He won’t have to ride his dragon to see what his dragon sees. FakeJon is very special.

This is something that Dany has not done, something we have no hint of the dragonriders of old ever doing. But the heir to both the Iron Throne and the throne of the Kings of Winter could, and doubtless shall. He played at being Prince Aemon the Dragonknight foreshadowed that a dragonknight he would become, and a prince as well.

But the greatest of all superpowers rests in the least among us.

No, not Tyrion FitzRoy, our hero FakeJon’s half-uncle, but rather FakeJon’s little cousin, that broken boy whose story started this song: “A thousand eyes, a hundred skins, wisdom deep as the roots of ancient trees. A greenseer.”

The greenseers were more than that. They were wargs as well, as you are, and the greatest of them could wear the skins of any beast that flies or swims or crawls, and could look through the eyes of the weirwoods as well, and see the truth that lies beneath the world.

The dragons will be no problem: the North has what the Valyrian Freehold never had: skinchangers and greenseers.

Why, I bet Bran could fly all three of them at once were he so inclined!

Maybe. Summer might still be alive in the end of TWoW, it is uncertain. I don't think bran would even want to warg in a dragon.  He is a stark not a targaryen. Honestly I believe that the three heads are tyrion and dany and Jon. They all have loved someone that died, all their mothers died giving birth to them, they all have the targaryen blood through the line of aerys and rhaella ( tyrion being a maybe), they all a disempowered whether bastardy, dwarfism, bad family members or other stuff, and all could have one of the three dragons

Archived