Who can Dany marry in Westeros?

norwaywolf123

26 minutes ago, illinifan said:

Dany thinks she is barren in the books but has it been brought up on the show?  And she likely miscarried Daario's child at the end of the last book. 

In S2 she says to Jorah that the dragons are the only children she will ever have after the Warlocks steal them from her.  I don't think it's been brought up again since then though, so D&D may have just dropped it as a plot element.  

30 minutes ago, Ser Wun Wun said:

In S2 she says to Jorah that the dragons are the only children she will ever have after the Warlocks steal them from her.  I don't think it's been brought up again since then though, so D&D may have just dropped it as a plot element.  

Khal Moro said to her that she will give him son if the Great Stallion is kind and Daeny said that she'll bear no child to him or anyone else.

https://youtu.be/Edumk2Y9YI4?t=245

4 minutes ago, Lord Friendzone said:

Khal Moro said to her that she will give him son if the Great Stallion is kind and Daeny said that she'll bear no child to him or anyone else.

https://youtu.be/Edumk2Y9YI4?t=245

Didn't remember that exchange. 

'I will bear no son for you or anyone.  Not until the sun rises in the, etc' That phrasing leaves it open that she will have a child someday, if that Mirri thing actually is a prophecy that gets fulfilled.  

I can't imagine how they would fulfill that prophecy in the show though.

10 minutes ago, Ser Wun Wun said:

Didn't remember that exchange. 

'I will bear no son for you or anyone.  Not until the sun rises in the, etc' That phrasing leaves it open that she will have a child someday, if that Mirri thing actually is a prophecy that gets fulfilled.  

I can't imagine how they would fulfill that prophecy in the show though.

I think Jon might be able to get her pregnant and for Daeny to bear a living child her because he was touched by magic or his blood as Targaryen. Maybe her scene with Drogo and Rhaego was not from afterlife or that she'll join them. but that she finds what she lost at the wall. Sort of "blue flower growing from the chink of ice". just changed and sort of make it more explicit. Or perhaps she finds family on the wall but you understand my point. But I do wonder how they want to fulfill it on the show.

17 hours ago, Xarkar said:

I suspect that the obvious choices will never happen.

Jon knows what is coming, he has no thoughts of marriage right now.  the ONLY way i could see him and Dany is if he did so in order to get her to fight the WW.  The thing is, i suspect next season is going to be Jon vs Dany, 

Jamie.  Makes sense, but i suspect he dies before it could happen.

If Jamie dies, then Tyrion becomes an interesting choices.  Unless of course he turns out to be her uncle or something.

Euron has ships, but that is it.  IF Dany makes it to shore, Euron = nothing, so she gains nothing by marrying him.  Unless he marries her as a condition of letting her to shore.  

To be honest, if she was smart, she would Marry Littlefinger or Tyrion.  It has already been stated LF woudl be the deadliest person in westeros if he had an army... just think if it was LF+Dany.

Tyrion would make sense but she already has his council.

Yeah...the guy who was having fun with one of the people who were trying to kill him, the guy who has found time to take back his families castle, the guy who had no objections to being named King, the guy who is already doing King things like sending away someone who would have been very useful fighting the White Walkers.

It really does not take that long to get married. A marriage like this would be instantaneous, as soon as they announce the date their forces will begin to mold as one.

Even without the WW it makes sense because it would be hard for her to take the North.

The White Walkers are the dullest villains in the entire show.  They are weapons of mass destruction that the COTF created and that they can no longer control.  They do not have the complex and interesting political motives of a Cersei Lannister or Littlefinger.  As a result, the WW only come into play at the very end.  I cannot see episode after episode dedicated to killing ice zombies.

What the story is about is petty political squabbling and other factors leading Westros to not be prepared for the ice zombies.  The season ends with Jon, one of the few characters who understands the true threat, away from the front lines and distracted with the Great Game.  He might warn people about the ice zombies but his mind is not fully on preparing for them.  

23 minutes ago, illinifan said:

The White Walkers are the dullest villains in the entire show.  They are weapons of mass destruction that the COTF created and that they can no longer control.  They do not have the complex and interesting political motives of a Cersei Lannister or Littlefinger.  As a result, the WW only come into play at the very end.  I cannot see episode after episode dedicated to killing ice zombies.

What the story is about is petty political squabbling and other factors leading Westros to not be prepared for the ice zombies.  The season ends with Jon, one of the few characters who understands the true threat, away from the front lines and distracted with the Great Game.  He might warn people about the ice zombies but his mind is not fully on preparing for them.  

Yeah there is only so much one can do to prepare for something be it an exam, event, or battle. If you focus on it too much all you will do is drive yourself crazy and end up hurting yourself. Jon knows the White Walkers are a very big threat but for now they are contained and focusing on the matters at hand is the best way to prepare for them.

He needs to have all the damages to Winterfell fixed, do something about the Dreadfort, do something about the Karstarks, and make a decesion on what will happen with Riverrun.

2 hours ago, illinifan said:

Jon gets fully pulled into the Great Game and ends up down south in KL.  And when the Wall falls he is not where he should be.  

The filming scheduled has been delayed to wait for gloomy weather so most of characters will move North. There will be much less of scene in the South next season.

31 minutes ago, Quyen Thuy Tran said:

The filming scheduled has been delayed to wait for gloomy weather so most of characters will move North. There will be much less of scene in the South next season.

Or winter has come to all of Westros?  Remember that King's Landing is covered in snow in Dany's vision of the Undying.  I suspect that Jon ends up in King's Landing or at least I hope he does.  We know that dragon glass and Valyrian steel can kill White Walkers.  Whelp there is a huge piece of iron forged dragon steel in KL that could be turned into quite a few weapons called the Iron Throne.  It would be an awesome scene if Jon, the one people who knows what is needed to fight the White Walkers and who may have the authority to do so, orders the Iron Throne melted down.  Not to mention that it would be thematically interesting..  The only way that Westros can survive the White Walkers is by uniting and stopping with the petty bickering and the literal symbol of this is melting down the thing they are bickering over.

2 hours ago, Quyen Thuy Tran said:

It was reported that they were scouting castles in Spain for multiple battle scenes so I would think that probably means Dany will land in the south. 

2 hours ago, illinifan said:

Or winter has come to all of Westros?  Remember that King's Landing is covered in snow in Dany's vision of the Undying.  I suspect that Jon ends up in King's Landing or at least I hope he does.  We know that dragon glass and Valyrian steel can kill White Walkers.  Whelp there is a huge piece of iron forged dragon steel in KL that could be turned into quite a few weapons called the Iron Throne.  It would be an awesome scene if Jon, the one people who knows what is needed to fight the White Walkers and who may have the authority to do so, orders the Iron Throne melted down.  Not to mention that it would be thematically interesting..  The only way that Westros can survive the White Walkers is by uniting and stopping with the petty bickering and the literal symbol of this is melting down the thing they are bickering over.

That would be a pretty silly thing to do considering Dragonglass can kill White Walkers and there is lots of it in the Dragonstone with is near Kings Landing. I think the more likely thing to happen would be Davos convincing Danny to allow the creation of weapons from the material and transport it to the North.

There is also a large deposit of it in Essos.

9 hours ago, House_Tony_Stark said:

That would be a pretty silly thing to do considering Dragonglass can kill White Walkers and there is lots of it in the Dragonstone with is near Kings Landing. I think the more likely thing to happen would be Davos convincing Danny to allow the creation of weapons from the material and transport it to the North.

There is also a large deposit of it in Essos.

Why would it be a silly thing to do?  That darn throne has been a source of all the suffering in Westros.  Having it melted down and used in the real war would be poetic.

Archived