Who can Dany marry in Westeros?

norwaywolf123

5 hours ago, Winds of Winter blow cold said:

Where did you get the idea that the Throne is made of Valyrian steel? It was pretty rare, I'm pretty sure they are ordinary swords.

Any steel touched by dragon's breathe becomes magic. 

1 hour ago, illinifan said:

Any steel touched by dragon's breathe becomes magic. 

There's no proof of that in books or show.

The Iron Throne was made out of regular steel blades, and is still more or less a mass of regular steel.

Making Valyrian Steel has to be a lot more complicated and involved than just having a dragon breath fire on regular steel.

3 minutes ago, Kytheros said:

There's no proof of that in books or show.

The Iron Throne was made out of regular steel blades, and is still more or less a mass of regular steel.

Making Valyrian Steel has to be a lot more complicated and involved than just having a dragon breath fire on regular steel.

The Iron Throne is definitely "magic" in the books at least.  It harms bad kings.  Didn't it actually kill one of the bad Targaryen kings?  The show hasn't brought that up.  

But hey, it strikes me as a cool way to defeat the White Walkers.

17 minutes ago, Winds of Winter blow cold said:

It didn't cut Arys! Did it? Nope.

Actually I think it did..  Correct me if I'm wrong, but I remember from one of Jaime's chapters that he remembers Aerys having scabbed hands from being cut by the Iron Throne.

1 hour ago, illinifan said:

Actually I think it did..  Correct me if I'm wrong, but I remember from one of Jaime's chapters that he remembers Aerys having scabbed hands from being cut by the Iron Throne.

I still remember the first time I saw the Iron Throne in the show... It looks so much underwhelming. Lol

I feel that, even if some of scenes are overanalysed by some people, there are some foreshadowings that cannot be denied. One of those is Dany's vision from s2.

Dany clearly won't have any children, won't sit on Iron Throne and won't fall in love again and most probably die fighting with WW

she can marry for political reasons, but because it seems that either Jon, either Dany has to have children so the show doesn't end with "here you have 20 years of peace, but after that awful civil war will start all over again", I don't think it will be Jon

my bet is that after Cercei is dead, she will marry Tyrion

12 minutes ago, maja89 said:

I feel that, even if some of scenes are overanalysed by some people, there are some foreshadowings that cannot be denied. One of those is Dany's vision from s2.

Dany clearly won't have any children, won't sit on Iron Throne and won't fall in love again and most probably die fighting with WW

she can marry for political reasons, but because it seems that either Jon, either Dany has to have children so the show doesn't end with "here you have 20 years of peace, but after that awful civil war will start all over again", I don't think it will be Jon

You think that Dany cannot have children.  I think that this is not true and she can.  

27 minutes ago, maja89 said:

Tyrion is supporting Dany already so it doesn't give her much benefit to marry him. I do believe that she will have children again. But it makes no sense why she wants to conquer Westeros while believing that she will have no children again.

4 minutes ago, Quyen Thuy Tran said:

Tyrion is supporting Dany already so it doesn't give her much benefit to marry him. I do believe that she will have children again. But it makes no sense why she wants to conquer Westeros while believing that she will have no children again.

it does give her the opportunity to marry the legal hair of the last Queen (if Jamie is dead, and I think he will be)?

also when you plan to marry someone for political reason, usually he is your smaller and bigger ally before the weeding.

but yes, Dany wanting the throne in spite of her infertility is actually one of the reason I cannot connect with her at all for a while. She is so fixated with the idea of Iron Throne that she completly lost it.

13 minutes ago, maja89 said:

it does give her the opportunity to marry the legal hair of the last Queen (if Jamie is dead, and I think he will be)?

also when you plan to marry someone for political reason, usually he is your smaller and bigger ally before the weeding.

but yes, Dany wanting the throne in spite of her infertility is actually one of the reason I cannot connect with her at all for a while. She is so fixated with the idea of Iron Throne that she completly lost it.

Dany's supporters don't like any Lannister at all. Look at Dorne and Tyrells. They all want to skin Cersei and maybe even Jamie alive. Yes they might spare Tyrion but they will not be happy if Dany gets married to another Lannister. 

And most people even commoners in Westeros don't like Lannisters anyway. There is no benefit for Dany to continue her line (if she's not barren) with another Lannister just because they're related to the previous Queen. Most Westeros don't support Lannister as they did for Targ and Baratheon. 

And yes, I am still puzzled why Dany wants IT... She's going to turn it into a democracy or something as she believes she's barren. 

On 6/28/2016 at 6:21 AM, norwaywolf123 said:

Who are powerfull enought to be a future consort?

Religon is important so i think the consort must be faith of the seven as the majority of the populaton follows the religon and outside kings landing they still dominate.

http://awoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/Faith_Militant_uprising

http://awoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/Maegor_I_Targaryen

Meagor probably was the stronges king militairily and could not beet them and his dragons where much largers than danys.

- Euron Greyjoy:

Religon: Drowned GOd

Rules: The Iron Isles

Experience: Acomplished Sailor, Acomplished Reaver, Acomplished Naval Commander, Has much knowledge of the world

- Jon Snow:

Religon: Old Gods

Rules: House Stark, the North

Experience: Failed Nights Watch Lord Commander, Failed Army Commander,

- Robin Arryn:

Religon: Faith of the Seven

Rules: House Arryn  of the Eyrie, the Vale

Experience: Little

-Jaime Lannister:

Religon: Faith of the Seven

Rules: House Lannister of Casterly Rock, Westerlands, Some of the RIverlands

Experience: Heir, Kinght, Kingsguard, Army Commander, Has been in King Landing for along time so he knows how politics work even tho he havent been intrested before, Was commander during Greyjoy Rebbelion and War of the Five Kings, Smashed the rivermen but lost due to ambush to Robb Stark, Lord of Casterly Rock after Tommen took him off the Kingsguard,

Is it likely that Dany marries Jaime thereby solving the Lannister/Targaryen conflict ala the War of the Roses?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wars_of_the_Roses

- Jaime as Elizabeth of York and Dany as Henry Tudor?

She will fall for Jonaerys of whatever they are calling him..... fore sure no doubt.  Especially with the Stark bun he is working in that hair and his boiled leather jerkin.  Especially his mantastic Valyrian Steel sword.  And with his now-revealed Targaryen blood (and STARK blood) she will see a new Targaryen dynasty.  I wouldn't doubt if they end up CO-ruling from the Iron Throne together.

The  story has been from the beginning of "Ice" and "Fire".  It seems a bit over-stated to me :ph34r:

Although Jonearys or Joachym or whatever, has the blood of both fire AND ice!!!!!!!!!!!  The ability to rise from death (assumed by the power of the LoL) ..... what else is he able to do?  That is like Ant-Man growing big in Civil War.  The man got both sides of the Power.

And you ladies can argue whether Dhario is hotter than Joynarrys but we all know what's going on there.  Tormund knows.  About that "wet as a baby seal" approach.  Brienne is in for a real treat.  Finally somebody taller or equal her size is going to be courting her.  It makes me happy for Brienne, spurned all her life.  Dude is trained by a sexy wyldling ginger demon-lover.  He and Dany can make it under the stars as the Khalassar watch the bedding ceremony.

It wouldn't shock me if at the end, Dany's sun rose finally in the West and set in the East and both she AND the two smaller dragons begin breeding.

*I cannot see her falling for Eruon Crowseye scam and he's a scumbag anyway, really, Dany with Sweet Robyn?  Jaime?  Ohhh no.  I think it's been announced from the beginning who Dany will end up with.

She may in the beginning want to or even make some lame marriage announcement like she did with Hizdo of the fighting pits... in THAT instance, she won't dis Asha with the Crowseye, Jaime is just ewwww and why?  Tyrion would never let her do that as advisor.  As onerous as it sounds, I can see LF brokering some deal for her with Sweet Robyn.

Or maybe this is why Edmure is lurking around Riverrun again?  Dany aligns with Riverrun and she gets... what?  I'm sure even I - a book reader - don't know what Riverrun has to offer or what the are doing in the show.

But DEFINITELY, Dany will have female paramours like Elaria Nobody and Asha Greyjoy..... not Cersei.  She can and would court women as well as men to gain a foothold in Westeros.  Who is left?  I also wouldn't be surprised if feelings between she and Tyrion evolve.  It would be a shame to count him out. 

But in the end, Jon and Dany will ally against the White Walkers and fall in love.  She'll probably be married to someone else at the time and break that chain right quick.  Who is left?  I can't even think of major players for this.  Littlefinger will certainly do his best to get in there, but she'll be warned by Tyrion AND Varys....

Would it be terrible or even shocking if Sansa falls in love with Dany?

15 minutes ago, Iron Mother said:

She will fall for Jonaerys of whatever they are calling him..... fore sure no doubt.  Especially with the Stark bun he is working in that hair and his boiled leather jerkin.  Especially his mantastic Valyrian Steel sword.  And with his now-revealed Targaryen blood (and STARK blood) she will see a new Targaryen dynasty.  I wouldn't doubt if they end up CO-ruling from the Iron Throne together.

The  story has been from the beginning of "Ice" and "Fire".  It seems a bit over-stated to me :ph34r:

Although Jonearys or Joachym or whatever, has the blood of both fire AND ice!!!!!!!!!!!  The ability to rise from death (assumed by the power of the LoL) ..... what else is he able to do?  That is like Ant-Man growing big in Civil War.  The man got both sides of the Power.

And you ladies can argue whether Dhario is hotter than Joynarrys but we all know what's going on there.  Tormund knows.  About that "wet as a baby seal" approach.  Brienne is in for a real treat.  Finally somebody taller or equal her size is going to be courting her.  It makes me happy for Brienne, spurned all her life.  Dude is trained by a sexy wyldling ginger demon-lover.  He and Dany can make it under the stars as the Khalassar watch the bedding ceremony.

It wouldn't shock me if at the end, Dany's sun rose finally in the West and set in the East and both she AND the two smaller dragons begin breeding.

*I cannot see her falling for Eruon Crowseye scam and he's a scumbag anyway, really, Dany with Sweet Robyn?  Jaime?  Ohhh no.  I think it's been announced from the beginning who Dany will end up with.

She may in the beginning want to or even make some lame marriage announcement like she did with Hizdo of the fighting pits... in THAT instance, she won't dis Asha with the Crowseye, Jaime is just ewwww and why?  Tyrion would never let her do that as advisor.  As onerous as it sounds, I can see LF brokering some deal for her with Sweet Robyn.

Or maybe this is why Edmure is lurking around Riverrun again?  Dany aligns with Riverrun and she gets... what?  I'm sure even I - a book reader - don't know what Riverrun has to offer or what the are doing in the show.

But DEFINITELY, Dany will have female paramours like Elaria Nobody and Asha Greyjoy..... not Cersei.  She can and would court women as well as men to gain a foothold in Westeros.  Who is left?  I also wouldn't be surprised if feelings between she and Tyrion evolve.  It would be a shame to count him out. 

But in the end, Jon and Dany will ally against the White Walkers and fall in love.  She'll probably be married to someone else at the time and break that chain right quick.  Who is left?  I can't even think of major players for this.  Littlefinger will certainly do his best to get in there, but she'll be warned by Tyrion AND Varys....

Would it be terrible or even shocking if Sansa falls in love with Dany?

Ah, yes, the one incest pairing everybody wants. Hypocrites. I bet most of you think Cerci and Jaimie were wrong in their affections. Especially when the result was Joffry. But no. It's different with Daenerys and Jon because we like them. If you get what you want in 20 years Westeros will suffer under yet another mad king. Say what you want about Robert Baratheon's reign, but his rebellion was just. I would hate to see this scenario repeat because people refuse to learn from past mistakes. Incest pairings are not good people.

44 minutes ago, Lord Stannis-The True King said:

Ah, yes, the one incest pairing everybody wants. Hypocrites. I bet most of you think Cerci and Jaimie were wrong in their affections. Especially when the result was Joffry. But no. It's different with Daenerys and Jon because we like them. If you get what you want in 20 years Westeros will suffer under yet another mad king. Say what you want about Robert Baratheon's reign, but his rebellion was just. I would hate to see this scenario repeat because people refuse to learn from past mistakes. Incest pairings are not good people.

I don't even think it is incest.  Completely different family on mother's side, and nephew on the familial side.  At least they didn't start fooling around IN THE WOMB.

10 minutes ago, Lord Stannis-The True King said:

She's his Aunt. Her brother is his father. That is, by definition, incest.

Not so much by Westerosi and historical standards. It's certainly less common than first cousin/first cousin pairings, though.

Westerosi/historical standards really only call out incest as being siblings, half-siblings, and parent/child (or other ancestor/descendant pairings).

1 hour ago, Lord Stannis-The True King said:

Robert's Rebellion, while mostly justifiable, had absolutely nothing to do with Targaryen incest habits. The Mad King was batshit, true, but that, in large part, was due to being held in a dungeon at Duskendale for a year in near-solitary conditions and near-total darkness - the Mad King's madness had relatively little to do with his blood. Before Duskendale, Aerys was occasionally erratic, but he wasn't batshit the way he was afterwards.

35 minutes ago, Kytheros said:

Not so much by Westerosi and historical standards. It's certainly less common than first cousin/first cousin pairings, though.

Westerosi/historical standards really only call out incest as being siblings, half-siblings, and parent/child (or other ancestor/descendant pairings).

Robert's Rebellion, while mostly justifiable, had absolutely nothing to do with Targaryen incest habits. The Mad King was batshit, true, but that, in large part, was due to being held in a dungeon at Duskendale for a year in near-solitary conditions and near-total darkness - the Mad King's madness had relatively little to do with his blood. Before Duskendale, Aerys was occasionally erratic, but he wasn't batshit the way he was afterwards.

I can't look at Dany and Jon as "serious" incest.  When you have a whole other half of your blood as another family altogether, and then it's an aunt and nephew on the other side, when you look at Westeros history, that isn't so hardcore especially with Targs.  Compare it with marrying two of your sisters.  And to me, twins who incest 3 kids under malicious ways (Cersei all but aborted Robert's attempt to breed with her) and their incest spawn got to the Iron Throne.... PLUS they didn't do it in the open like the Targs, it was this dirty secret.  When you do things like that under the table, it makes it look worse than if you just say "THIS IS OUR CUSTOM AND WE ARE THE RULING HOUSE FOR HUNDREDS OF YEARS".

1 hour ago, Kytheros said:

When was that stated? I only ever remember people saying that Aerys II was crazy and that it was a common affliction with the Targarians due to incest. When was it ever said that he was imprisoned?

Archived