Who can Dany marry in Westeros?

norwaywolf123

13 minutes ago, Future Null Infinity said:

I told them in that thread that targaryens are polygamists, so the best solution is that Leeroy Jenkins wed the three in the same time : a spoilt disney princess former sister and an ugly psychopath killer former sister and a crazy aunt full of STDs from dothrakis, they didn't want to listen

in a serious note, normal viewers wise, it's too disgusting and disturbing to see Jon marry his aunt or one of his sisters, I think that a change in the story will make her forget about the marriage or she will wed Jaime (he's alive for a reason) with Jaime we will have a lannister/targaryen/Stark peace

Lannister --> (husband) --> targaryen --> (aunt) --> stark 

Daeny must be really mad to marry him. Besides the whole thing with Brienne and him dying in the arms of woman he loves. It's either Cersei or Brienne. I bet on Brienne so he might kill Cersei, be pardoned and then reunite with Brienne.

2 minutes ago, Lord Friendzone said:

Daeny must be really mad to marry him. Besides the whole thing with Brienne and him dying in the arms of woman he loves. It's either Cersei or Brienne. I bet on Brienne so he might kill Cersei, be pardoned and then reunite with Brienne.

:thumbsup: good point, I forgot about his story with brienne (maybe because the tormund effect? :D)

the other option I thought about it is that she want a political marriage to secure Westeros, I think she will get Westeros so easy with her armies that she will not feel the need anymore to make a political marriage for her conquest

9 minutes ago, Future Null Infinity said:

:thumbsup: good point, I forgot about his story with brienne (maybe because the tormund effect? :D)

the other option I thought about it is that she want a political marriage to secure Westeros, I think she will get Westeros so easy with her armies that she will not feel the need anymore to make a political marriage for her conquest

Tbh Lannisters will be irrelevant. Meaning as a powerful House. I mean she can give Casterly Rock to Tyrion but Tyrells and Martells are set on killing them. Where North will be relatively in power unless white walkers attack. Also Daeny is child of three. Three betrayls, mounts, fires. She married Khal Drogo, Hizdar and third one will be Jon. One to bed, one to dread, one to love. Also betrayls are there MMD, Jorah and third one possibly Daario since I doubt he'll not follow Daeny to Westeros. He'll follow her.

Jaime will kill Cersei mirroring Aerys and be pardoned by Daeny thanks to Tyrion. Mirroring Robert and the way he pardoned Jaime for killing Mad King. They mentioned Mad King, Jaime way too many times and even in the flashback. Jaime saved him and Tyrion will return the favour. Jaime and Brienne moment felt like they will meet at some point and the whole thing he said to Bronn about woman he loves. I think he'll realize he loves Brienne.

Brienne and Tormund while it's cute was apparently just fun from producers to include. I bet Tormund will get married to one of Houses in the North to establish Wildlings there. Instead of Sigorn and Alys. We might get Tormund and Alys or other woman.

10 hours ago, lakin1013 said:

Does nobody think that Dany and Littlefinger would be a perfect match?  He would be useless to her, because she has Varys, and she would be dismissive to him.  I think that is a perfectly lovely scenario for both of them (yes, sarcasm intended).  I rather like Jon Snow and I hate to see him involved with Dany, at least the Dany we have now.  I am also partial to the idea that Dany does develop feelings for Jon but that he does not return them.  She just cannot have everything.  It gets old. 

Littlefinger could potentially offer Dany military aid, maybe much of her force is lost fighting Euron or Cersei picks up more allies like the Tarlys(offering them the reach) or sell swords?

I could potentially see Littlefinger returning to the Vale and maybe Sansa as well with the latter marrying Robin. In that position I think a potential plot is obvious, LF wants to take the Vale forces south to use them to bargin a marriage with Dany and he can sell this to Sansa as wanting to deal with the threat of Cersei and maybe get some revenge.

This does also provide some potential link between the northern and southern stories although I spose Mel heading south may do as well potentially latching on to Dany.

2 minutes ago, MoreOrLess said:

Littlefinger could potentially offer Dany military aid, maybe much of her force is lost fighting Euron or Cersei picks up more allies like the Tarlys(offering them the reach) or sell swords?

I could potentially see Littlefinger returning to the Vale and maybe Sansa as well with the latter marrying Robin. In that position I think a potential plot is obvious, LF wants to take the Vale forces south to use them to bargin a marriage with Dany and he can sell this to Sansa as wanting to deal with the threat of Cersei and maybe get some revenge.

This does also provide some potential link between the northern and southern stories although I spose Mel heading south may do as well potentially latching on to Dany.

Littlefinger is goner, there is no way he survive. Even if he goes to Dany, there is Tyrion remember valyrian steel dagger from season 1.

1 minute ago, Cragen said:

Littlefinger is goner, there is no way he survive. Even if he goes to Dany, there is Tyrion remember valyrian steel dagger from season 1.

I'm not saying he'll survive or even that he will actually marry Dany but that its not impossible to imagine a situation where he has something to offer her.

My guess is that Littlefinger will outlast all of the other "political" threats, he's been set up from that start as being behind so much of what happens and the character has been pushed to represent the selfish desire for power more than anyone else.

Just now, MoreOrLess said:

I'm not saying he'll survive or even that he will actually marry Dany but that its not impossible to imagine a situation where he has something to offer her.

My guess is that Littlefinger will outlast all of the other "political" threats, he's been set up from that start as being behind so much of what happens and the character has been pushed to represent the selfish desire for power more than anyone else.

For me he was always Great Gatsby like character. He has done much manipulation, but he don`t have any real power, everything he have is based on his influence he have on other character. He make many mistakes and to many people are aware of threat he represent. In this time many character will come in same place and many of those character have knowledge about his manipulations. If he decide to move against Jon he will not have support of Lord of the Vale, quite opposite. If Dany want to get Vale on her side she would marry Robin not LF.

Options for Daenerys right now are:

Jaime Lannister - He betrayed and killed her father. Not a chance in hell. His best case scenario is being forced to take the Black, and the Night's Watch might not exist for much longer.

Robin Arryn - Possible, although quite young, and he only nets the Vale and possibly the Riverlands. He's young, sickly(or is that book-only?), and thoroughly under Littlefinger's thumb, which Varys and Tyrion will strongly warn Daenerys against, as likely will Olenna.

Littlefinger - On paper, he's okay, but Varys, Tyrion, and Olenna will strongly oppose, and they will probably try to kill him off. Assuming Littlefinger is still around, of course - the man's days have to be running out.

Euron Greyjoy - Dany's supporting Yara/Asha and Theon over Euron, and isn't going to want Euron's offer.

Tyrion Lannister - He's her Hand. Marrying him doesn't gain her anything in Westeros.

Jon - "Bastard son of Ned Stark, the Usurper's Dog", but she'll likely be talked into reconsidering the Usurper's Dog bit, and bastard or not, he's been declared King in the North, marrying him gets her the North, and arguably, through his siblings/cousins, gets ties to the Riverlands and Vale; depending on how they're going to spin things in the show, if he's King in the North as the heir to Robb Stark, he might also have a claim to Robb's title as King of the Trident/Riverlands, although that's a stronger point in the books with Robb's will. Quite possibly will be able to bond with one of the dragons. Plus, if it's claimed/believed that he's Lyanna's son, the assumption will likely be he's Rhaegar's bastard, but if there's any evidence/claim of legitimacy, marrying him permanently settles any potential dynastic disputes over who has the stronger claim in their children; for that matter, even if it's only believed that he's Rhaegar's bastard, that's still a very strong reason to marry him (he's basically her heir, at least until/unless she has children of her own and so will need to legitimize him) - best to stamp on any possibilities of a new Blackfyre-esque dispute.

In the show, Jon is, by far, the best possible political marriage option for Dany, with or without an RLJ reveal. With RLJ, he's the only possibility. In the books, Dany's got a lot more in the way of potential political marriage options in Westeros.

57 minutes ago, Lord Friendzone said:

I bet Tormund will get married to one of Houses in the North to establish Wildlings there. Instead of Sigorn and Alys. We might get Tormund and Alys or other woman.

Get Tormund married with Lyanna Mormont and they will generate the real Azor Ahai, the stallion tha will mount the world

1 hour ago, Lord Friendzone said:

Tbh Lannisters will be irrelevant. Meaning as a powerful House. I mean she can give Casterly Rock to Tyrion but Tyrells and Martells are set on killing them

Thank you for your great explanation, just one thing, I wasn't thinking about the balance of the powers between houses, my point is that Daenerys will have the ultimate power on a big part of Westeros and she with Jon will be the brokers of the peace between the three houses, each house of them have historical problems with the other, I can see that S7 is the season of peace before the war on the WW

1 hour ago, Lord Friendzone said:

Jaime will kill Cersei mirroring Aerys and be pardoned by Daeny thanks to Tyrion. Mirroring Robert and the way he pardoned Jaime for killing Mad King. They mentioned Mad King, Jaime way too many times and even in the flashback. Jaime saved him and Tyrion will return the favour. Jaime and Brienne moment felt like they will meet at some point and the whole thing he said to Bronn about woman he loves. I think he'll realize he loves Brienne.

100% agree with that, but I don't think that he needs pardoning from Dany, he will just make her conquest easier if he kills Cersei :D

56 minutes ago, MoreOrLess said:

Lot of people are worried about Sansa betraying Jon or even becoming a new Ramsey, but she could more easily become the new Littlefinger and betray him to get the unconditioned power of the Vale under the North.

22 minutes ago, Future Null Infinity said:

Thank you for your great explanation, just one thing, I wasn't thinking about the balance of the powers between houses, my point is that Daenerys will have the ultimate power on a big part of Westeros and she with Jon will be the brokers of the peace between the three houses, each house of them have historical problems with the other, I can see that S7 is the season of peace before the war on the WW

100% agree with that, but I don't think that he needs pardoning from Dany, he will just make her conquest easier if he kills Cersei :D

If the North, Riverlands and Vale want to resist to Dany, they surely will form an alliance. It depends on how strong Dany will arrive at Westeros. If her army and dragons are intact, and she only attack the Lannister and Iron Lands, most of them will bow down to her. But if Dany and her army bring some issues along (rape and kill culture) and Dany could not control her army's attitude, then I am not surprised that at least half of the kingdom will not welcome her. 

9 minutes ago, Chib said:

If the North, Riverlands and Vale want to resist to Dany, they surely will form an alliance. It depends on how strong Dany will arrive at Westeros. If her army and dragons are intact, and she only attack the Lannister and Iron Lands, most of them will bow down to her. But if Dany and her army bring some issues along (rape and kill culture) and Dany could not control her army's attitude, then I am not surprised that at least half of the kingdom will not welcome her. 

I think that Jon can make any decision for the north and the Vale (he's the KitN) and also think that the remaining of westeros wil be a piece of cake for Dany, after dany taking KL, if they will know that they are aunt and nephew they will not fight each other, they with tyrion (hand of the queen) will approach the three houses to each other and make the ultimate peace without any war

6 minutes ago, Future Null Infinity said:

I think that Jon can make any decision for the north and the Vale (he's the KitN) and also think that the remaining of westeros wil be a piece of cake for Dany, after dany taking KL, if they will know that they are aunt and nephew they will not fight each other, they with tyrion (hand of the queen) will approach the three houses to each other and make the ultimate peace without any war

It will not be that easy. LF will make it harder for Sansa and Jon to find piece. Dany will get some issue too. Her army will have some rape and kill issue and maybe Westeros will hate that. Euron also hasn't shown up all of his tricks. Cersei can bring some issues too. Tyrion might have some interest of conflict with Jamie's life being in danger. It won't be simple. 

On 28 de juny de 2016 at 10:04 PM, Mister Stoneheart said:

I agree with you, but the show won't have Jon marry Dany because of the incest.  In the show it seems Tyrion is the most obvious choice (unless Jaime separates from Cersei).   I'm saying this while acknowledging the facts that have been presented above (good points all).  I'm saying that I can see D&D marrying Tyrion and Dany.

Well I don't think incest is a problem in this show :) On the contrary, they seem to like it a lot (JC):lmao:

and they have never met before, it's not the same level of incest than the twins.....

plus.....both of them are, in theory, fan favourite (I could see that coming).

2 hours ago, Cragen said:

For me he was always Great Gatsby like character. He has done much manipulation, but he don`t have any real power, everything he have is based on his influence he have on other character. He make many mistakes and to many people are aware of threat he represent. In this time many character will come in same place and many of those character have knowledge about his manipulations. If he decide to move against Jon he will not have support of Lord of the Vale, quite opposite. If Dany want to get Vale on her side she would marry Robin not LF.

He's certainly not infallible and you could make a case for other character being smarter but again he's been shown to be the source of so much of whats happened as well as the personification of the destructive lust for power. That makes me think he's going to see the "political" story though to the end.

Anybody think that the 3 houses: Stark, Lannister, and Targaryen, are the 3 heads of the dragon?  And the 3 leaders/riders would be Jon, Tyrion, and Dany?

Maybe they don't have to marry, they simply have to assume their roles.

1 hour ago, Chib said:

I think Dany running into problems.  It is too easy for her now and there needs to be a final conflict.

6 hours ago, Future Null Infinity said:

I told them in that thread that targaryens are polygamists, so the best solution is that Leeroy Jenkins wed the three in the same time : a spoilt disney princess former sister and an ugly psychopath killer former sister and a crazy aunt full of STDs from dothrakis, they didn't want to listen

in a serious note, normal viewers wise, it's too disgusting and disturbing to see Jon marry his aunt or one of his sisters, I think that a change in the story will make her forget about the marriage or she will wed Jaime (he's alive for a reason) with Jaime we will have a lannister/targaryen/Stark peace

Lannister --> (husband) --> targaryen --> (aunt) --> stark 

Arya is NOT ugly! Particularly on the show.

Yeah Jaime/Dany ain't happenin'! He'll be dead the momnet he kills Cersie.

7 hours ago, Cragen said:

Don't be so sure.

The Riverlands do not have a ruler.

The Stormlands do not have a ruler.

It would take a very small force from the Vale to ride in and name him the Lord of either one of those.

Archived