Who can Dany marry in Westeros?

norwaywolf123

9 hours ago, Chib said:

Someone said that D&D had confirmed in some commentary video that Dany is barren? If so how could she get married?

The question is also: what about Jon after getting stabbed and receiving magical healing from Melisandre? Can he still sire children?

2 minutes ago, Wouter said:

The question is also: what about Jon after getting stabbed and receiving magical healing from Melisandre? Can he still sire children?

Nah, the issue is this person said that they watched a video and D&D said that Dany's barren. Is there any video like that? 

35 minutes ago, Wouter said:

I don't think there's anything suggesting his body is working anything other than normally. He still needs air to breath, which means he still needs oxygen for his blood, which mean his blood is still running, etc.

5 hours ago, House_Tony_Stark said:

Jon is a KING right now.....Lol did you literally not watch the last episode? People where kneeling before him, he now owns lands, commands an army.

And he wants nothing to do with the Night's watch aside from helping them survive. He gave up his command because he no longer trusts them.

It doesn't change I don't like it. Everything the show did with Jon this year, and not just with him, I don't like it. I'm not sure what will be different in the books. But first Rickon should still be alive. And even in show, once Bran has returned... Jon should not be the king. Hell Theon told everything to Sansa. Jon should be the LC of the armies against the Others. Not another fucking king.

1 minute ago, Wouter said:

Melisandre herself also seems to need air, but I doubt her body is working normally, especially in the books.

For one, we don't know if she can have regular living children (though she can have shadow babies) because that's never explicitly covered, but also she's exceptionally old so her lady bits shouldn't work for reproductive purposes regardless of how her body is effected by magic, unless the magic is making her fertile. We also have no evidence that she's been resurrected like Jon, so it's just not the same situation.

5 minutes ago, BalerionTheCat said:

It doesn't change I don't like it. Everything the show did with Jon this year, and not just with him, I don't like it. I'm not sure what will be different in the books. But first Rickon should still be alive. And even in show, once Bran has returned... Jon should not be the king. Hell Theon told everything to Sansa. Jon should be the LC of the armies against the Others. Not another fucking king.

I think the show only fast forwards some events to make Jon King in the North faster than in the book. He has to be King in the North or else who will unite the North in a war against WW. Jon surely will be king in the North in the book too, but not sure when

Just now, BalerionTheCat said:

It's entirely possible Robb's will make it in the books and Jon will be King. Bran is 3ER and don't think he would even want to be King. He's got his purpose and Rickon. Well, he might die or they killed so we can have Jon vs Sansa feud. Rickon would be asily to rally behind. Legitimate, male son of Eddard Stark  But of course Robb's will. I wish they include more Jon and Northern politics. Maybe next season with wildlings needs to be integrated and best way is marriage. He might arange it, also dealing with LF and Sansa. What to do with Umbers and Karstarks. White Walkers threat Beyond the Wall. Jon's arc was fine but of course it could be always better.

19 minutes ago, Quyen Thuy Tran said:

I think the show only fast forwards some events to make Jon King in the North faster than in the book. He has to be King in the North or else who will unite the North in a war against WW. Jon surely will be king in the North in the book too, but not sure when

Melisandre says AAR (Stannis) must be king. But I'm not sure she is right and it will be necessary. And there are so many things different from the books, particularly in the North, I don't put great value in what the show did, particularly when I feel it "wrong". But it is just me.

4 hours ago, illinifan said:

Jon used loophole abuse/ exact words to wiggle out of his vow.  What he did is technically not what the vow was supposed to mean.  

There is lots of gray in those vows and what is honorable.

Nah brah he was dead lol....

If I said "If I have time to walk across the street to the store I vow to" Then got hit by a car and went into a coma and woke up weeks later I still will have fulfilled my vow. I got hit by a car thus I would be released from making it to the store that day. I would have to choose to vow to do it again.

The Nights Watch needs to change their vow to account for such a thing happening in the future and there would not be an issue. Would it have been cool for them if he just said "Wait guys! Ill give this a pass and just do my vows again differently since I died" But you can't fault him for that.

Especially considering that under the Bolton's the North would never unite to fight the real threat.

4 minutes ago, BalerionTheCat said:

Melisandre says AAR (Stannis) must be king. But I'm not sure she is right and it will be necessary. And there are so many things different from the books, particularly in the North, I don't put great value in what the show did, particularly when I feel it "wrong". But it is just me.

To be king is necessary if you want people to listen to you. I think Jon being King in the north is important because only by that, his words about WW will be considered more seriously. 

5 minutes ago, Quyen Thuy Tran said:

To be king is necessary if you want people to listen to you. I think Jon being King in the north is important because only by that, his words about WW will be considered more seriously. 

Jon needs to be TPTWP. To be a king is just to have enemies. Anyway, I expect there will be soon no kingdom left.

54 minutes ago, Quyen Thuy Tran said:

Not many people will believe in some old prophecy. But they will listen to their king if they respect him enough. 

They will believe the old prophecies when they will see the Others. And if Cersei, is still there, she will not help. And Daenrys... I don't know.

Does nobody think that Dany and Littlefinger would be a perfect match?  He would be useless to her, because she has Varys, and she would be dismissive to him.  I think that is a perfectly lovely scenario for both of them (yes, sarcasm intended).  I rather like Jon Snow and I hate to see him involved with Dany, at least the Dany we have now.  I am also partial to the idea that Dany does develop feelings for Jon but that he does not return them.  She just cannot have everything.  It gets old. 

2 hours ago, House_Tony_Stark said:

Nah brah he was dead lol....

If I said "If I have time to walk across the street to the store I vow to" Then got hit by a car and went into a coma and woke up weeks later I still will have fulfilled my vow. I got hit by a car thus I would be released from making it to the store that day. I would have to choose to vow to do it again.

The Nights Watch needs to change their vow to account for such a thing happening in the future and there would not be an issue. Would it have been cool for them if he just said "Wait guys! Ill give this a pass and just do my vows again differently since I died" But you can't fault him for that.

Especially considering that under the Bolton's the North would never unite to fight the real threat.

I like the interpretation of Jon breaking the "spirit" of his vows better.

I think Jon's being set up as the obvious candidate.

I wonder if he's too obvious, but either way I think it's not the wisest match dynastically.

If Dany is infertile she absolutely cannot marry Jon. No, not even politically. She needs an heir. That heir will be Jon's child, and clearly - unless she's planning a threeway in the Red Keep - that means he needs to be available to legitimately impregnate someone else.

If Dany can have children then it's still not a great idea. At present, there are two Targaryans. Two. If one of them trips going down the stairs and the other catches the Westerosi equivalent of cholera and dies, the whole family's wiped out. If fertile Dany marries Jon, they have the potential for X Targaryan children. If fertile Dany marries someone else, she has the potential to birth X Targaryan children (she's queen, any kids would take her name). If Jon marries someone else, he has the potential to father Y Targaryan children. X+Y is greater than X, and actively tries to minimise the chances of accidents or assassination turning the Targaryans into the next extinct family line within a single generation. There's infant mortality to think of as well. They have to maximise their chances at breeding the greatest number of healthy children, and marrying each other doesn't do that.

Not to mention, from a political standpoint, two dynastic marriages means that Dany can accomplish two things: she can reward the loyal houses to her and bind the disloyal ones through marriage. Dorne and the Reach stood with the Targaryans in Robert's Rebellion, as I recall, and not rewarding that when the Targaryans return will cause a massive grudge. Similarly, favouring these regions will seed distrust and the fear of revenge in houses that supported Robert, so Dany has to bring them into the fold somehow.

I agree that she isn't likely to swallow a dynastic alliance with the Lannisters. But she has Tyrion as Hand, so she has an easy out there. The sensible thing to do would be to wed one of the Dornish heirs (Arianne in the books, one of the Sand Snakes in the show) to Jon. And to marry young Lord Arryn herself. She won't want to - who would? But Jon Arryn, who rebelled, had a stellar reputation amongst all the regions as an honourable man (a reputation that will give the son some credit by proxy); the Vale has resources and a strong army; and she wouldn't have to see the brat for anything but brief conjugal visits designed to knock her up.  

All of which means she'll probably marry Jon Snow, in a decision that'll eventually fuck everything up (c'mon, it's Westeros, short-sighted decisions invariably go bad and it's not like inbreeding has caused generations of insane infighting amongst the reproductively-challenged members of her frequently mad family anyway).

Add Gendry to the list, although I bet some fans would love to see her marry the Imp. By the way, Dany thinks that Daario would look bad for her image, well, does she think the Imp and the Iron Bitch and her Enoch brother Theon are popular? How about 50k + horse ridding raptists? Seriously, Daario was respectable considering the other company she keeps.

The Jonsa thread is closed & banned, So can I push Dany with Sansa, Arya, Yara, or a  Sand Snake? ;) 

Actually though, if  Dany finds out Jon is really a Targ, a threesome in the Red Keep might just be what she'll do if she still thinks she's barren.

I think maybe she will come North incognito hoping to make a treaty with him. Then he will show her the REAL enemy, so she comes back with dragons, one of which takes a liking to him & lets him ride. Ghost will take a liking to her too. Then they'll just HAVE to get married!

3 hours ago, Winds of Winter blow cold said:

The Jonsa thread is closed & banned

I told them in that thread that targaryens are polygamists, so the best solution is that Leeroy Jenkins wed the three in the same time : a spoilt disney princess former sister and an ugly psychopath killer former sister and a crazy aunt full of STDs from dothrakis, they didn't want to listen

in a serious note, normal viewers wise, it's too disgusting and disturbing to see Jon marry his aunt or one of his sisters, I think that a change in the story will make her forget about the marriage or she will wed Jaime (he's alive for a reason) with Jaime we will have a lannister/targaryen/Stark peace

Lannister --> (husband) --> targaryen --> (aunt) --> stark 

Archived