Leaks discussion thread for season 7 vol. 2.

Lord Friendzone

19 minutes ago, MtnLion said:

In the books we get a single perspective in each chapter.  All we know of Daenerys, Viserys, and the Dothraki is from Daenerys' perspective.  I believe that her perspective is somewhat distorted.  She shows heavy signs of being a true narcissist in both the books and the series.  We will get the reveal in the end.  ;)

No. 

Not even close. 

7 minutes ago, A Ghost of Someone said:

She did not shed a tear. Show Dany has a problem with showing gratitude, unless it is towards the Imp, who F's up and gets promoted.

Care to walk it back?

She left him in charge of Meereen until there was an election and I'm sure she left him with a good sum of gold. That is enough gratitude. Additionally, throughout the time he was by her side he enjoyed a great deal of perks, in addition to being with her. 

1 minute ago, A Ghost of Someone said:

Then I say that she is showing signs of a bad leader/ruler. It does not bode well for the future if she is in charge of anything.

It was made plain by D&D that Dany is not meant to rule but conquer. If she does ever sit the Iron Throne, it won't be for long it seems. 

Just now, MoIaF said:

No. 

Not even close. 

She left him in charge of Meereen until there was an election and I'm sure she left him with a good sum of gold. That is enough gratitude. Additionally, throughout the time he was by her side he enjoyed a great deal of perks, in addition to being with her. 

Im sure he enjoyed every minute of it but the cut off seems rather abrupt. Maybe just poor writing but it did not make Dany look good. Not that I am a Dany fan but one would think she would have done it a different way or simply let Daario die saving her life.

3 minutes ago, A Ghost of Someone said:

Then I say that she is showing signs of a bad leader/ruler. It does not bode well for the future if she is in charge of anything.

And yet Tyrion refereed to her as a great ruler to being able to set aside her own personal wants for the good of the people she wants to rule. 

She own Daario nothing. Period. 

He was a sellsword who got paid for his services (trust me, he did) and also got to be with her and enjoy all the perks associated with that. He got way more than he deserved. 

12 minutes ago, A Ghost of Someone said:

She did not shed a tear. Show Dany has a problem with showing gratitude, unless it is towards the Imp, who F's up and gets promoted.

Care to walk it back?

Did i say she shed a tear...? I said she wasn't as casual about breaking up with him as you're making it out to be. You clearly really hate the character, which is fine, but you can't bend scenes to fit your opinion of her. 

1 minute ago, DutchArya said:

It was made plain by D&D that Dany is not meant to rule but conquer. If she does ever sit the Iron Throne, it won't be for long it seems. 

Who knows what they will do on this show, I still cannot believe that Cersei took the Iron Throne and is claiming it in her own name.

Just now, dsug said:

Did i say she shed a tear...? I said she wasn't as casual about breaking up with him as you're making it out to be. You clearly really hate the character, which is fine, but you can't bend scenes to fit your opinion of her. 

Not a Dany as I see her as a threat to House Stark but I feel I can make honest judgment of her character and actions. Opinions do vary, I think we all understand that.

9 minutes ago, SeanF said:

The logic of marriage to Jon (if it happens) would be that any children would be Targaryens on both sides. 

I entirely understand why Daario could not be suitable spouse.  But, he deserved better (simply as a loyal and competent commander) than he got.

Perhaps she could've done it slightly differently (although it could've been worse) but what I didnt like was her jab or comment...

Daario said: "Who can follow Daenerys Stormborn, the Mother of Dragons".

Dany's response was: "a great number of woman, I imagine"

It was like she was trying to downplay his feelings for her. Probably unintetionally but still not cool. He is a sellsword but it was clear when he kneeled towards her, he loves her...we can argue for whatever reasons. That's the part that irked me the most.

This is the most logical point but that is really in scenario "what if", but as options stand in a realistic manner from her perspective right now? She believes that she'll never have a children, Jon gave up his power, so he believes in her and have faith in her. He doesn't really look at titles. But it seems show might be trying to mislead with this political marriage and be it more about love. As HOTU last one is about love, not political marriage. She already had one with Hizdar, she was sold to Drogo and later on developing feelings for him.

Just now, A Ghost of Someone said:

Who knows what they will do on this show, I still cannot believe that Cersei took the Iron Throne and is claiming it in her own name.

D&D are winging it. lol I doubt it is meant to make any sense anymore.

I mean, didn't one of the show writers compare Dany to a dictator? Perhaps hinting at her conduct with burning more people alive again. 

9 minutes ago, DutchArya said:

D&D never said that, it was Daario who said it to Dany. That's the way he sees her, what he liked about her. That doesn't mean that she's only capable of being a conqueror although at this time she does that best.

We're about to see her as a leader and a uniter along with Jon. So that Dany can compare how Jon see her as opposed to how Daario saw her. She will realize that she can lead and rule and doesn't have to just be the conqueror.  

1 minute ago, DutchArya said:

D&D are winging it. lol I doubt it is meant to make any sense anymore.

I mean, didn't one of the show writers compare Dany to a dictator? Perhaps hinting at her conduct with burning more people alive again. 

Will she or will she not go full Mad like her Dad? She certainly feels entitled and Westeros is in a mess, thanks to Cersei and a lot of power hungry people all over the place. The thing is, Westeros, when the dust settles, will be ripe for someone to take power if they have enough strength to spread/reach and take it. I doubt the show will go too deep into that, rather than the War with the White Walkers/Others and the Iron Throne itself.

6 minutes ago, MoIaF said:

And yet Tyrion refereed to her as a great ruler to being able to set aside her own personal wants for the good of the people she wants to rule. 

She own Daario nothing. Period. 

He was a sellsword who got paid for his services (trust me, he did) and also got to be with her and enjoy all the perks associated with that. He got way more than he deserved. 

My view is this.  It makes perfect sense that Daario can't be her King Consort.  However, if I was a successful general who'd won victories for my Queen, and risked my life in the wilderness to rescue her, I'd reckon that I'd earned the right to be in at the death when she launched her final campaign.  It's not a question of money, it's a question of being treated with honour by my liege.

1 minute ago, SeanF said:

My view is this.  It makes perfect sense that Daario can't be her King Consort.  However, if I was a successful general who'd won victories for my Queen, and risked my life in the wilderness to rescue her, I'd reckon that I'd earned the right to be in at the death when she launched her final campaign.  It's not a question of money, it's a question of being treated with honour by my liege.

But he wasn't alone in winning those battles. Most of them were mastermind by Dany herself and the Unsullied were a good part of those victories as well. She hired him for a job (he is a sellsword), and he did a good job (and got paid very well for it and lived in more luxury than he's ever known) and when he wasn't needed anymore he was relieved of his duty and given compensation for his good job. The end. 

Again, she owns him nothing.

And she treated him with more honor than he probably deserved throughout their partnership. She could have sent Tyrion in to break things off but she did it herself and quite respectfully. 

If Dany is a Conqueror, perhaps the biggest dissapointment with the leaks is that she does not surround King's Landing, even without her Dragons and simply storm the city and remove Cersei and the Lannsiters once and for all. She has the numbers and if the Reach is on her side, they are the "bread basket" of Westeros. Besides, 500k people in Kings Landing prob do not all love Cersei and would most likely help overthrow her.

1 minute ago, MoIaF said:

But he wasn't alone in winning those battles. Most of them were mastermind by Dany herself and the Unsullied were a good part of those victories as well. She hired him for a job (he is a sellsword), and he did a good job (and got paid very well for it and lived in more luxury than he's ever known) and when he wasn't needed anymore he was relieved of his duty and given compensation for his good job. The end. 

Again, she owns him nothing.

And she treated him with more honor than he probably deserved throughout their partnership. She could have sent Tyrion in to break things off but she did it herself and quite respectfully. 

Her rescue at Vas Dothrak was pretty much the end of the line for her. That alone was worthy of more than what he already got and what she did give him combined.

Just now, MoIaF said:

D&D never said that, it was Daario who said it to Dany. That's the way he sees her, what he liked about her. That doesn't mean that she's only capable of being a conqueror although at this time she does that best.

We're about to see her as a leader and a uniter along with Jon. So that Dany can compare how Jon see her as opposed to how Daario saw her. She will realize that she can lead and rule and doesn't have to just be the conqueror.  

In my opinion one of the things why he knelt is that he sees someone worthy or ruling, best option. I know haters gonna say much but she's not making some mistakes that Robb, Stannis, Joffrey done in the past or trying to learn all the time, if she does some. Not everybody is perfect.

Basically Daario like the idea of her being conqueror and Jon sees her as ruler. Interesting way of looking at it and could be true. We'll see next seaosn the xontext of their scenes but still think Daario will be back and complicate things further. Doesn't look like the guy that will let her go with another.

8 minutes ago, SeanF said:

Yeah. And I find it funny that she can't have him there for appearances sake, but apparently 100K blood thirsty Dothraki riders and 10K former eunuch slaves get the pass?

Her rescue at Vas Dothrak was pretty much the end of the line for her. That alone was worthy of more than what he already got and what she did give him combined.

What are you talking about? He did not rescue her at Vaes Dothrak. 

Dany already had a plan and when Daarion and Jorah showed up she told them she already hard worked something out. Also, most of her plan was executed by her and the crones. They only barred the doors and the crones could have done that.

Is was busy work that Dany gave them so Jroah and Daario could feel important. 

5 minutes ago, SuperMario said:

Yeah. And I find it funny that she can't have him there for appearances sake, but apparently 100K blood thirsty Dothraki riders and 10K former eunuch slaves get the pass?

Then again, Daario might run around Westeros, bragging about how wild a Dragon Dany is in the bedchamber, it may not look good towards a prospective suitor for her. IE, she does not want her Sellsword Fuckman coming to Westeros making her look bad. However, a massive army of rapists and slavers combined with former slave eunochs should make her look more respectable to the eyes of the people she wants to CONQUER.

Then again, Daario might run around Westeros, bragging about how wild a Dragon Dany is in the bedchamber, it may not look good towards a prospective suitor for her. IE, she does not want her sellsword fuckboy coming to Westeros making her look bad. However, a massive army of rapists and slavers combined with former slave eunochs should make her look more respectable to the eyes of the people she wants to CONQUER.

:lmao:

Archived