NFL Week 17: Playoffs for Some, Miniature Improvement in Draft Picks for Others!

Maithanet

28 minutes ago, sperry said:

Sam Bradford, the most overrated quarterback in NFL history...

Fixed that for you. Bradford is ass.

Speaking of ass, classic Cleveland today. What an enjoyable win by the Steelers.

Washington was just bad. The Giants didn't sit down all of their best starters like Pittsburgh, but they weren't actually playing that hard.

The Packers and Lions now face a dilemma: would you rather face the 11-5 Giants at home or the 10-5-1 Seahawks in Seattle? Most of the time you're better off playing at home, but the Giants can be pretty scary in the playoffs.

26 minutes ago, Joe Pesci said:

Fixed that for you. Bradford is ass.

Speaking of ass, classic Cleveland today. What an enjoyable win by the Steelers.

Dude just set the NFL completion record while throwing 5 interceptions for the season, all while playing behind an offensive line that set the record for most different starting combinations in a season.

Just now, sperry said:

Dude just set the NFL completion record while throwing 5 interceptions for the season, all while playing behind an offensive line that set the record for most different starting combinations in a season.

Yeah, throwing the ball three yards down the field all season is such an impressive feat.

I think you prefer to play NYG because you don't want to go to Seattle with their home field.  But the Giants do seem like a dangerous team.  Nice little find with Paul Perkins at running back for them.

22 minutes ago, Triskan said:

I'm concerned for the Washington fans on the board.

I'm betting they are getting tired of "YOU LIKE THAT!" being thrown in their face as much as we Cowboys fans hate "HOW 'BOUT THEM COWBOYS!". 

One of the biggest NFL offseason questions is going to be what Washington does with Cousins.

I think it was Dungy but someone shortly after the game said you keep Cousins simply because you're just not going to find anyone better than him which sounds about right to me.  Is the worry simply that they'll have to pay a bit more than it feels like they should for him?

ETA:  Moore had another pretty solid game for Miami against New England.  Why is there not more chatter about whether Miami has a QB controversy? 

10 minutes ago, Trebla said:

I'm betting they are getting tired of "YOU LIKE THAT!" being thrown in their face as much as we Cowboys fans hate "HOW 'BOUT THEM COWBOYS!". 

One of the biggest NFL offseason questions is going to be what Washington does with Cousins.

Washington has little choice, it's either sign him to a top tier contract or franchise him again. Dude is getting paid either way, they simply can't afford to let him walk.

As for the catchphrases, give it another twenty years before it becomes as grating as hearing Jimmy Johnson yell "How bout them Cowboys".

Entertaining Steelers/Browns game today, all things considered. The commentators saying that Landry Jones is playing for his offseason suitors is comical. He's straight ass. God-awful QB that deserves to be no better than a team's third option behind center. Looking at the stat line today you'd think he did alright, but watch him for one series and you'll thank your GM he's not on your team.

The Browns with 1st and goal on the 2 yard line late in the game was comical as well. By no means did they want to win that game. The first overall pick is there. Congrats...

Bring on the Phins next week. Steelers had an odd game against them earlier in the year. Ben got hurt, we didn't use Bell, Ajayi had 200 yards on us. I don't think either of those three things repeat themselves. Okay, I guess Ben could get hut but not counting on that. I think we'll win by at least 10.

1 hour ago, Ramsay B. said:

Pesci, that goal line WR screen by the Browns was absurd, and great.

Leave it to Cleveland to lose 14 yards on 2nd and goal from the two. Nothing they do ever really seems to work in their favor when they play in Pittsburgh.

@I2 0 5 5, I think they should pull out the win, but Matt Moore's play is going to be huge in this game. He's just one of those QBs who I think could give them a tough time, provided he can perform in a playoff atmosphere.

28 minutes ago, Triskan said:

Moore had another pretty solid game for Miami against New England.  Why is there not more chatter about whether Miami has a QB controversy?

I think to generate a controversy one needs to win games. Having a "pretty solid game" which one lost by 21 points and wherein one threw an interception is not a very impressive recommendation. You might start seeing some chatter if the Dolphins somehow manage to beat the Steelers.

2 minutes ago, Altherion said:

I think to generate a controversy one needs to win games. Having a "pretty solid game" which one lost by 21 points and wherein one threw an interception is not a very impressive recommendation. You might start seeing some chatter if the Dolphins somehow manage to beat the Steelers.

His record as a starter coming into today was 11-4, and this was the first loss since he started playing this year.  

Considering that Tannehill is middling at best I think it should be more of an open question who their better option is.  There was a killer turnover on a fumble today that ended the game, effectively.  Moore had hit a guy on the five who proceeded to fumble and have it returned nearly the whole length of the field.  Would have been 27-20 had they scored there.  

I guess the thing one could say in defense of Tannehill is that Miami did seem to be trending up when he got hurt.  

But here's the best way I can put it:  if you have to face Oakland in the playoffs how relieved are you that it's McGloin or Cook instead of Carr?  Quite hugely, I would think.  But if you have to face Miami in the playoffs how relieved are you if you dodge Tannehill to face Moore?  I'd imagine not much if at all.

1 minute ago, Triskan said:

But here's the best way I can put it:  if you have to face Oakland in the playoffs how relieved are you that it's McGloin or Cook instead of Carr?  Quite hugely, I would think.  But if you have to face Miami in the playoffs how relieved are you if you dodge Tannehill to face Moore?  I'd imagine not much if at all.

Point, Monkey.

12 men on defense killed the Lions.  How, as a supposed professional NFL coach, does Caldwell not see what is happening and call a timeout in that situation.  Isn't that the sort of thing a head coach should do?

God I can't stand that this guy will continue to be the head coach next year.  I guess mediocrity is a step up from the raw sewage this team has been for years.  I'm going back to playing FFXV.

Archived