NFL Week 17: Playoffs for Some, Miniature Improvement in Draft Picks for Others!

Maithanet

1 hour ago, Rockroi said:

So... its up to me to defend the Bengal?  

snip

..wait... did I just defend Packman Jones?  Seriously, I may have problems... 

Obviously I'll defer to your professional assessment here, but it's a really bad look for him at the moment, even if he is completely innocent. As far as his play in the NFL is concerned, the guy could be staring down a lengthy time away from the game. He already has a season long suspension under his belt, and while I'm not sure just how that would come into play on the length of a possible suspension stemming from this current incident, this could be potentially career ending for him as a 30-something CB who looked to have lost a step this year and has his kind of history. Ol' Roger can hit him with the dreaded 'conduct detrimental' and do whatever he wants regardless of his guilt/innocence, you Pats fans know that all too well, and that was PSI levels...It'll be interesting to see how it plays out.

Just now, Manhole Eunuchsbane said:

BA-UMP, BA-BAUMP, BA-BUMP, UMP, UMP!

I was stopped at an intersection earlier, and I was doing the NFL trombones to myself as the traffic started going by...

Thanks man, thanks a lot.

7 minutes ago, Joe Pesci said:

I was stopped at an intersection earlier, and I was doing the NFL trombones to myself as the traffic started going by...

Thanks man, thanks a lot.

Now we just need the ghost of John Facenda to narrate your commute. ;) 

/Joe Pesci is a working man, in a working man's town. This blustery Tuesday morning his commute was fiercely fought, yet fatefully flawed...

As a Cowboys fan I am not happy with how this has played out. Barring a miracle from Detroit, Dallas as the #1 seed will face either Green Bay or the NY Giants. No team is hotter in the NFC than GB and Giants have already beaten Dallas twice this year.

Giants - I know they have beaten Dallas twice already, but it was by a total of 4 points. Dallas has Gregory back (for now anyway) and should have Claiborne back as well. That should give the D a boost. Plus, the Giants have already beaten Dallas twice, I mean, c'mon, they can't do it a third time can they? I think Dallas can win. I could see them lose if the def line gets to Prescott like it has already twice this year. If the "great" Dallas o-line can't hold them off, Dallas could lose again.

Green Bay - I think Dallas matches up better against them. I think our secondary with Claiborne in it is strong enough to not get burned repeatedly by Rodgers, he will get his numbers but maybe it's held to a manageable number with Dallas offense staying on the field for long drives? I think Dallas can win. If Rodgers magic happens, G-Bay can win.

Detroit - Dallas just beat them convincingly. Don't see that changing.

1 hour ago, Manhole Eunuchsbane said:

Kind of liking 3 of the underdog lines for this weekend. Det +8, Mia +10, and NYG +4.5...

3-team tease? What can go wrong?

So the first time GB and Giants faced off Rodgers was going through his "struggles" and they still won. The O-line straight dominated, and that was when JPP was there. Spags is gonna have to call a perfect game like he recently did against Skins and Cowboys, bringing different blitz packages to try and confuse Rodgers. He's gonna put up his yards but Gmen just have to bend and not break like they've been doing all year. 

Also, it's about time Perkins moved up the ladder. Better late than never I guess. Getting Pugh back is huge so that is also a factor, but why McAdoo stuck with Jennings for so long is beyond me. Hopefully Eli can get into his playoff zone and look at least competent on some drives. He's been off the entire year. Our big runs always go through Lambeau so hopefully this trend continues. 

Giants 23-20

Texans 20-13

Seahawks 34-20

Steelers 30-17

3 hours ago, Manhole Eunuchsbane said:

Kind of liking 3 of the underdog lines for this weekend. Det +8, Mia +10, and NYG +4.5...

Funny enough, all three of those teams have negative plus-minus differentials this year. 

1 hour ago, Tywin et al. said:

Funny enough, all three of those teams have negative plus-minus differentials this year. 

Point differential? Giants are actually +26. Texans won their division with a -49 point differential though. I'm glad the NFC East plays that crap division next year.

3 minutes ago, Ramsay B. said:

Point differential? Giants are actually +26. Texans won their division with a -49 point differential though. I'm glad the NFC East plays that crap division next year.

I'm guessing he means turnovers...

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/ac/06/1a/ac061af65ff454c773a9721361a4b582.jpg

7 minutes ago, Ramsay B. said:

NFC East plays AFC (and NFC)  West next year. Gonna be the nightmare travel year. 

Bears and Browns staff picked to coach the Senior Bowl

Attention senior NFL prospects! If you want to get a firsthand experience of what losing is like in the NFL, you won't want to miss playing in the Senior Bowl!

Seriously, they couldn't find any better staffs than this? At least John Fox will more than likely have a decent QB for a game for once...

16 minutes ago, Joe Pesci said:

Attention senior NFL prospects! If you want to get a firsthand experience of what losing is like in the NFL, you won't want to miss playing in the Senior Bowl!

Seriously, they couldn't find any better staffs than this? At least John Fox will more than likely have a decent QB for a game for once...

Oh ya browns staff have been chosen to coach the senior bowl. Cause ya know the browns have such a history of being great coaches. To be fair though its not entirely the browns coaching staffs fault that they lost. It is also the players. But yeah great choice guys choosing the bears and the browns coaching staff for this. Anyways maybe if their good enough to be chosen for the senior bowl then they can see what it would be like to be one of the first draft picks and join the browns!

47 minutes ago, Joe Pesci said:

Come on, man, the Bears and Browns coaches should get a chance to coach some good players

Archived