College Football 2017: Butch Jones' Locker

Ded As Ned

Decent Friday afternoon read from the Baton Rouge newspaper on the whole Ed Orgeron hiring debacle at Ole Miss and the fallout that continues today (for example - Orgeron gave Hugh Freeze his start in college coaching, and we all know how that turned out). I knew that former chancellor Robert Khayat was the one who made the decision to hire Ed; I had no idea Rick Neuheisel was so gung ho for the job at the time.

54 minutes ago, DireWolfSpirit said:

ABC game caller- "Barkley doesnt lose footraces".

First offensive series of the game and BOOM!!!! Barkley turbo charges for an electric 69 yd run from scrimmage, man he's great.

You're great. Don't let anybody get you down.

Thoroughly enjoyed that beat down that PSU laid on Michigan last night. Also, I can't help but love all the heat that Harbaugh is catching for not being able to win big games. And despite the fact that he's 25-8 since getting to Ann Arbor, the shine has seemingly already worn off ol' Jim in the eyes of Michigan fans. Gotta wonder when the 'Harbaugh to the NFL' rumors will start up.

Hopefully, the Lions can do it again at OSU next weekend, should be a hell of a game.

19 hours ago, HokieStone said:

The NCAA won't do the right thing and slap a post season ban on North Carolina. Fine, we'll take care of it. 

Can you do me a favor and take care of Miami too? The few fans I know of them are getting real chatty about their mediocre, yet undefeated team.

3 hours ago, Ramsay B. said:

Can you do me a favor and take care of Miami too? The few fans I know of them are getting real chatty about their mediocre, yet undefeated team.

Ah yes...no longer the Hurricanes, they should be called the "University of Miami We're Back's".  Hasn't proven true any of the last 10 years...not sure it will be true this year.  However...I'm a little nervous that after the Randy Shannon and Al Golden eras, they may have finally found themselves a competent coach with Mark Richt.  We'll see...they only beat FSU and GT on the last plays of the game - and FSU is pretty bad this year.  And they only squeaked by Syracuse (though that's a Syracuse team that beat Clemson...but I blame that on the curse of the Jiffy Pop Dome). 

We have Duke this week, and then go to Miami...so it could be a Top 10 matchup (although we only moved up one spot to 13 this week, thanks to effing Notre Dame leapfrogging 5 teams).  I'm not so sure we're a Top 10 team, but regardless it's always fun to beat Miami...

Pokes are doing their damdedest to give me a heart attack. Two turnovers on their first two possessions of the game. And now a flubbed PAT. Sure hope that doesn't come back to bite us in the ass.

Jesus, this is just an ugly game. 7 combined turnovers between the two teams. It's unfortunate that Grier is having such a rough game. I was really hoping for a showdown between two of the best quarterbacks playing right now, but it seems he's had a lot of miscommunication with his receivers. And drops like that haven't helped him any.

I have to give props to the Cowboys on their run defense. It's been stifling.

Well, we came out of it with our first quality win against a top 25 opponent this season. The offense looked immensely better now that our OL is nearly back to 100%. Our run defense was impressive for the 2nd week in a row and except for a couple of breakdowns, our secondary looked pretty good, shutting down Sills and forcing turnovers.

That being said, our special teams play was atrocious, with a PAT hold fumbled and a blocked punt recovered for a touchdown. Also, our ball protection was horrendous, with four turnovers of our own. We need to get that shit locked down this next week in preparation for Bedlam or else we're going to get blown out.

Iowa State is turning out to be a giant-killer this year. Two Top 10 teams have gone down so far this year to the Cyclones. I'm even more nervous about the Pokes heading there. This is shaping up to be a brutal stretch for them.

Unfortunately, I also think that TCU's loss means the Big 12 is effectively eliminated from the CFP picture without a lot of help. The best chance the Big 12 had was an undefeated TCU team or maaaaybe a 1 loss OSU or OU defeating an undefeated TCU in the Big 12 championship game. But now both those options are off the table.

Archived