Jay and Silent Bob Reboot (TBC)

helenedwards

With Clerks 3 dead, Kevin Smith has moved on to a Jay & Silent Bob Strikes Back sequel/reboot;
And so all last month, I had the time of my life laughing while writing “Jay and Silent Bob Reboot” – a fun flick in which the Jersey boys have to go back to Hollywood to stop a brand new reboot of the old “Bluntman & Chronic Movie” they hated so much. It’s a tongue-in-cheek, silly-ass satire that pokes fun at the movie business’s recent re-do obsession, featuring an all-star cast of cameos and familiar faces! And I already met with the good folks at Miramax and they’re into it, so I’m hoping we’ll be shooting in the summer!

Relax: classical ringtonepopular ringtonehip hop ringtone

Smith's career is so sad now. I haven't liked one of his movies since Dogma. Somehow I managed to make it all the way through Tusk, but his the abomination he made with his and Johnny Depp's daughters was unbearable. I turned it off about 20 minutes in. How did the guy that made Clerks and Chasing Amy make something so bad? I thought he was supposed to be working on hockey movie, which I would have actually been interested in, but Jay and Silent Bob 2? Pass. 

1 hour ago, Nictarion said:

Smith's career is so sad now. I haven't liked one of his movies since Dogma. Somehow I managed to make it all the way through Tusk, but his the abomination he made with his and Johnny Depp's daughters was unbearable. I turned it off about 20 minutes in. How did the guy that made Clerks and Chasing Amy make something so bad? I thought he was supposed to be working on hockey movie, which I would have actually been interested in, but Jay and Silent Bob 2? Pass. 

The hockey movie became a hockey series and, I guess along with the Mallrats series, never got picked up. 

Personally I really liked everything he made up to Red State with the exception of Cop Out and Jersey Girl. Tusk and Yoga Hosers are hot garbage and I expect nothing else from Moose Jaws but in a weird way I'm glad they exist. He clearly loves them and there's clearly an audience for them, however small. It's cool that he just gets to make weird shit that nobody else would do. I'm still a major Kevin Smith fanboy but these days it's for his podcasts. Smodcast is 10 years old this month which is crazy to think about, I've been following that since the beginning. The episodes that inspired his recent movies are actually great. Those stories work as podcasts, not so much as movies. 

I'm pretty bummed about Clerks 3 but not terribly surprised. He said one of the four leads backed out so I'm assuming he means Jeff Anderson. Not holding out much hope for a Jay & Bob sequel to happen or be any good either but I guess we'll see. 

6 hours ago, Nictarion said:

At least a Jay and Silent Bob sequel would mean Jason Mewes is still clean I suppose. 

For about 8 years now I believe. They started the Jay & Bob Get Old podcast in 2010 and I think he'd been clean for just under a year at the beginning of that. The condition of continuing to do the show with him was that he stays sober and they're still at it :) 

ETA: According to Mewes himself on the latest podcast (uploaded yesterday) it's actually 6 years, 6 months and 11 days. 

All you motherfuckers are gonna pay. You are the ones who are the ball-lickers. We're gonna fuck your mothers while you watch and cry like little, whiny bitches. Once we get to Hollywood and find those Miramax fucks who is makin' the movie... we're gonna make them eat our shit, then shit out our shit, and then eat their shit that's made up of our shit that we made 'em eat. Then you're all you motherfucks are next. Love- Jay and Silent Bob.

3 minutes ago, Relic said:

All you motherfuckers are gonna pay. You are the ones who are the ball-lickers. We're gonna fuck your mothers while you watch and cry like little, whiny bitches. Once we get to Hollywood and find those Miramax fucks who is makin' the movie... we're gonna make them eat our shit, then shit out our shit, and then eat their shit that's made up of our shit that we made 'em eat. Then you're all you motherfucks are next. Love- Jay and Silent Bob.

Do you post as Magnolia fan on Movie Poop-Chute .com?

/Love that flick, as stupid and sophmoric as it is.

Just now, Manhole Eunuchsbane said:

Do you post as Magnolia fan on Movie Poop-Chute .com?

/Love that flick, as stupid and sophmoric as it is.

me too. point is, there was already a thread about this =P 

made a slight modification - 

All you motherfuckers are gonna pay. You are the ones who are the ball-lickers. We're gonna fuck your mothers while you watch and cry like little, whiny bitches. Once we get to Washington and find those GOP fucks who is takin' the ObamaCare... we're gonna make them eat our shit, then shit out our shit, and then eat their shit that's made up of our shit that we made 'em eat. Then you're all you motherfucks are next. Love- Jay and Silent Bob.

6 hours ago, Nictarion said:

I agree with you on his most recent spate of films. Red State, Tusk, Yoga-hosers? Not good. That said, Jay and Silent Bob is his wheelhouse. This is the genre he excels at. 

2 minutes ago, Rhom said:

Listen @Manhole Eunuchsbane No more distractions! No more hairy bush nuns, no more dogs! We need to keep our eyes on the prize!

(Sadly... there will definitely be no more hairy bush nun.  :crying: )

I AM THE CLIT-COMMANDER! I MAKE THAT SHIT WORK! When it comes down to business, this is what I do. I pinch it like this. Ooh, you little fuck! 

Archived