TTTNE 469- A New Order of Imperial entanglement

Jen'ari

14 hours ago, First of My Name said:

Two seasons? That should've happened two books ago. Honestly, finally seeing that story play out on-screen may justify the show's entire existence for me.

Also, running in heels while drunk sounds like something you should get a medal for.

Yeah, you are actually right. The equivalent of that would be three seasons. The whole Meereen storyline should have been cut entirely. Both from the show and the books. 

And yes the fact that we will finally see the story play out justifies the existence of the show. And in this one regard the show will be elevated over the books, as it does the one thing the books were unable to do, tell the story to the end. 

12 hours ago, RhaenysB said:

Yeah, you are actually right. The equivalent of that would be three seasons. The whole Meereen storyline should have been cut entirely. Both from the show and the books. 

And yes the fact that we will finally see the story play out justifies the existence of the show. And in this one regard the show will be elevated over the books, as it does the one thing the books were unable to do, tell the story to the end. 

I don't mind the Slaver's Bay story at its core, but it just outstayed its welcome. In my ideal world GRRM skips Qarth, contains Meereen and the conflicts there to ACOK and ASOS, and gets Dany to Westeros by AFFC. It would solve so many of the story's problems.
But hey, we're gonna get an ending in a year and a half, so who am I to complain?

10 hours ago, First of My Name said:

I don't mind the Slaver's Bay story at its core, but it just outstayed its welcome. In my ideal world GRRM skips Qarth, contains Meereen and the conflicts there to ACOK and ASOS, and gets Dany to Westeros by AFFC. It would solve so many of the story's problems.
But hey, we're gonna get an ending in a year and a half, so who am I to complain?

The Slaver's Bay story is okay, Daenerys needed that to learn to handle problems and deal with enemies, to get an army and establish a name. Qarth, Astapor, Yunkaii, even take Meereen and full stop. Get on a ship and get your ass to westeros. The most depressing line in the entire series is Daenerys' announcing that she would stay in Meereen and rule. Worst decision GRRM ever made. 

Once again I'm NOT buying a flat. I don't even have words for how stressed I am about this whole flat situation anymore. This is seriously the most difficult and most stressful thing I have ever done.  I'm so sick of it, I just want to sit in a corner and cry until I magically get a good flat deal. :leaving: 

4 hours ago, RhaenysB said:

The Slaver's Bay story is okay, Daenerys needed that to learn to handle problems and deal with enemies, to get an army and establish a name. Qarth, Astapor, Yunkaii, even take Meereen and full stop. Get on a ship and get your ass to westeros. The most depressing line in the entire series is Daenerys' announcing that she would stay in Meereen and rule. Worst decision GRRM ever made. 

Once again I'm NOT buying a flat. I don't even have words for how stressed I am about this whole flat situation anymore. This is seriously the most difficult and most stressful thing I have ever done.  I'm so sick of it, I just want to sit in a corner and cry until I magically get a good flat deal. :leaving: 

I've got nothing to add there :P

That sucks :( Don't really have any advice but I do hope you find something soon.

1 minute ago, Buckwheat said:

Is this the correct link to the right chatroom? It tells me I have been invited to Arakeen in Arrakis. What happened to mibbit?

We mostly abandoned it, because Discord is better.

You'll see everyone once you join.

11 hours ago, RhaenysB said:

The most depressing thing about Daenerys is that she doesn't take after her great,great x however many generations it is aunt.

Although most people in GRRMs world seem to rule like idiots, perhaps I should establish an outpost and show them how a proper ruler takes care of things, plus I think Kings Landing would look much better in the shadow of a Star Destroyer, I'd also get rid of that stupid uncomfortable throne and replace it with a decent swivel throne.

14 hours ago, Lord Sidious said:

The most depressing thing about Daenerys is that she doesn't take after her great,great x however many generations it is aunt.

Although most people in GRRMs world seem to rule like idiots, perhaps I should establish an outpost and show them how a proper ruler takes care of things, plus I think Kings Landing would look much better in the shadow of a Star Destroyer, I'd also get rid of that stupid uncomfortable throne and replace it with a decent swivel throne.

I'm sure I have no idea who that person is. 

And create a new kings guard uniform with red hoods and capes. Let the final battle hype begin - Walkerbowl : AT-AT VS White. 

Archived