TTTNE 469- A New Order of Imperial entanglement

Jen'ari

So half a year after I started working there, about three weeks before I leave, my boss has decided that maybe it is time for me to get an assignment that she thinks is relevant. I now obviously have to work more than in all the previous months combined ... and I probably still cannot hope for any relevant feedback which I was supposed to get seeing how this is an internship from which I was supposed to learn something.

I am so sick of this.

3 hours ago, RhaenysB said:

I'm sure I have no idea who that person is. 

And create a new kings guard uniform with red hoods and capes. Let the final battle hype begin - Walkerbowl : AT-AT VS White. 

We all know how it would end .

4 hours ago, Buckwheat said:

So half a year after I started working there, about three weeks before I leave, my boss has decided that maybe it is time for me to get an assignment that she thinks is relevant. I now obviously have to work more than in all the previous months combined ... and I probably still cannot hope for any relevant feedback which I was supposed to get seeing how this is an internship from which I was supposed to learn something.

I am so sick of this.

I'm really sorry about this. This is very annoying and frustrating and unfair. I will be my situation with my boss this week, that's going to be interesting too... 

hold on, it's only three more weeks. Then you can go and find a relevant job. 

11 hours ago, RhaenysB said:

I'm really sorry about this. This is very annoying and frustrating and unfair. I will be my situation with my boss this week, that's going to be interesting too... 

hold on, it's only three more weeks. Then you can go and find a relevant job. 

Or, you know, be unemployed. As annoying as this situation now is, the thought of what happens afterwards just plain terrifies me.

16 minutes ago, Buckwheat said:

Or, you know, be unemployed. As annoying as this situation now is, the thought of what happens afterwards just plain terrifies me.

Yeah, I know, I've been there. I am there. But trust me, the sky won't come crashing down on you if you are in-between jobs for a month or two before finding something. It's really not a big deal, it's not a sin against humanity. Everybody has been there at some point in their lives. 

3 hours ago, Buckwheat said:

I'm currently in this position too because I have all the interview skills of a rock. I have a couple of applications out there but I'm really getting stressed over my lack of employment after I graduate. I'm not aiming too high either, I'm applying for entry-level jobs I'm qualified to do, I just can't sell myself in interviews.

I hope you manage to find something. good luck.

On 02/04/2017 at 4:45 PM, ab aeterno said:

Come on, pip pip.

I'm using my iPad so need to download it from the Apple Store which I haven't used in a long time. So I need to reset my password but it's connected to an email address I no longer use. I'll drop by when I get my laptop back. 

I'm off to France today. Au revoir.

2 hours ago, HelenaExMachina said:

I'm currently in this position too because I have all the interview skills of a rock. I have a couple of applications out there but I'm really getting stressed over my lack of employment after I graduate. I'm not aiming too high either, I'm applying for entry-level jobs I'm qualified to do, I just can't sell myself in interviews.

Come on you've got a law degree and would make a good lawyer, all you need to sell yourself is arrogance, a huge superiority complex and a cocaine habit :P.

7 minutes ago, Lord Sidious said:

Come on you've got a law degree and would make a good lawyer, all you need to sell yourself is arrogance, a huge superiority complex and a cocaine habit :P.

I can confirm that. Arrogance, aggression and superiority complex sells anything and everything. 

My trip to London was great (so much Harry Potter merchandise!) but I didn't sleep for 43 hours straight because of it <_< I've never been so glad to see my bed.

The good news is I now have a mug that reveals the Marauder's Map if you pour something hot into it.

12 hours ago, RhaenysB said:

Yeah, I know, I've been there. I am there. But trust me, the sky won't come crashing down on you if you are in-between jobs for a month or two before finding something. It's really not a big deal, it's not a sin against humanity. Everybody has been there at some point in their lives. 

A month or two ... oh my sweet summer child. ;)

10 hours ago, HelenaExMachina said:

Thanks.

My problem is I feel qualified to do absolutely nothing because there are literally no jobs that demand my education. I know that my choice of study was the right one for me personally. In the sense of a career plan, not so much.

1 hour ago, First of My Name said:

My trip to London was great (so much Harry Potter merchandise!) but I didn't sleep for 43 hours straight because of it <_< I've never been so glad to see my bed.

The good news is I now have a mug that reveals the Marauder's Map if you pour something hot into it.

Cool! Pictures.

2 hours ago, Buckwheat said:

A month or two ... oh my sweet summer child. ;)

Thanks.

My problem is I feel qualified to do absolutely nothing because there are literally no jobs that demand my education. I know that my choice of study was the right one for me personally. In the sense of a career plan, not so much.

Cool! Pictures.

I feel the same sometimes (our teachers tell us we're a dying trade about every other lesson). But I'm not in need of a job in my field right now, so I can't really complain.

Here's before and here's after you put something in it. It also says 'Mischief managed' at the bottom :wub: 

@Buckwheat come on, you are smart and motivated, how hard can it be to get a job. Don't think about your education, think about your skills, that's what employers want, that's what you can sell. You speak two languages on advanced level, you are precise, hardworking, you have computer skills, you are good at analytic tasks, just find your strengths and sell them (in the most agile and assertive manner as possible) 

@First of My Name I'm really envious, I've never been to the Harry Potter world, it must be awesome. Glad to hear you had a great time. 

Not a fan of this day. Dark rainy weather, protesters everywhere, work is stupid... is it weekend already? 

Group projects are mankind's worst invention since the atomic bomb. Maybe the worst of all time.

2 hours ago, RhaenysB said:

@First of My Name I'm really envious, I've never been to the Harry Potter world, it must be awesome. Glad to hear you had a great time. 

I haven't either :P I found that thing in a random bookshop. I'd love to go there though.

2 hours ago, RhaenysB said:

@Buckwheat come on, you are smart and motivated, how hard can it be to get a job. Don't think about your education, think about your skills, that's what employers want, that's what you can sell. You speak two languages on advanced level, you are precise, hardworking, you have computer skills, you are good at analytic tasks, just find your strengths and sell them (in the most agile and assertive manner as possible) 

Not a fan of this day. Dark rainy weather, protesters everywhere, work is stupid... is it weekend already? 

Buckle if I can get a job I'm sure you can :D, I've never been to Harry Potter World either, something tells me there wouldn't be a huge amount of time dedicated to Bellatrix so it's of little interest to me.

1 hour ago, Lord Sidious said:

Buckle if I can get a job I'm sure you can :D, I've never been to Harry Potter World either, something tells me there wouldn't be a huge amount of time dedicated to Bellatrix so it's of little interest to me.

I haven't either :P I found that thing in a random bookshop. I'd love to go there though.

I would really love to check that place out once. A Harry Potter Disneyland. Aww. We need a GOT world too when the show is done. 

41 minutes ago, ab aeterno said:

Pretty sure the atomic bomb was a group project.

This only serves to prove my point :P 

22 minutes ago, RhaenysB said:

I would really love to check that place out once. A Harry Potter Disneyland. Aww. We need a GOT world too when the show is done. 

Me too. I'm going to the official exposition in the near future, that ought to be great too.

This only serves to prove my point :P 

Me too. I'm going to the official exposition in the near future, that ought to be great too.

I hope not in the too near future my young apprentice, as you will be busy running the Empire while I'm on holiday.

16 minutes ago, Lord Sidious said:

I hope not in the too near future my young apprentice, as you will be busy running the Empire while I'm on holiday.

When will you be going? I'm sure we can delegate some duties to the council of moffs. And if not there's always Wi-Fi to check in on our subjects.

Archived