Bakker XLIX - From Bashrags to Riches (No TUC Spoilers!)

.H.

If someone finds out whether or not Kindle copies become available before the listed date of the 25th, please post here! I live outside the US and the UK so I depend on the digital release and holy shit I dont want to wait another month, lol. 

Orbit could be stealing a march on Overlook. Bakker has sold okay for them in the past but not gangbusters, and they may have figured they can pick up a few dozen (or a couple hundred) extra sales this way.

It's not quite in the same league as Voyager picking up a few thousand extra sales when they gazumped Bantam's AFFC publication date by over a month though.

2 minutes ago, Werthead said:

Orbit could be stealing a march on Overlook. Bakker has sold okay for them in the past but not gangbusters, and they may have figured they can pick up a few dozen (or a couple hundred) extra sales this way.

It's not quite in the same league as Voyager picking up a few thousand extra sales when they gazumped Bantam's AFFC publication date by over a month though.

Email from Waterstones that my book shipped today!

4 hours ago, odium said:

If someone finds out whether or not Kindle copies become available before the listed date of the 25th, please post here!

That's what I was hoping for, but last year when the book was available in some stores early the ebook didn't come out until official release date, so I'm not holding my breath. The UK version should be released on the 6th.

Horrible business by Overlook to let the U.K. publication come out almost three weeks before they can get the US version out. Count me as another US purchaser who paid the extra for shipping across the Atlantic instead of waiting for Overlook to get their act together.

11 hours ago, Darth Richard II said:

Uh, books come out weeks, sometimes months, earlier in the U.K. all the time, for as long as books have been coming out. Especially SFF books.

Yup. Gardens of the Moon was published in the UK five years (!) before it came out in the US. A Clash of Kings was four months earlier, A Storm of Swords three months. The UK has smaller print runs (generally about 20% of the size of the US ones) which makes it easier to get the required number of copies ready ahead of time.

2 hours ago, Werthead said:

Yup. Gardens of the Moon was published in the UK five years (!) before it came out in the US. A Clash of Kings was four months earlier, A Storm of Swords three months. The UK has smaller print runs (generally about 20% of the size of the US ones) which makes it easier to get the required number of copies ready ahead of time.

What is a "print run" exactly? Do you mean the pages of the font, book or something like that?

Archived