NFL 2017 Week 3: Now Panic Begins!

Rhom

2 minutes ago, Manhole Eunuchsbane said:

Yeah, they are easily the best broadcasting duo in the league.

Romo is surprisingly competent for his lack of experience, and I'm enjoying how he diagnoses the plays as if he was the QB on the field and what he's looking for. Quite a breath of fresh air.

So after the President insulted every player who is protesting in the NFL, the NFL put up- easily - the best week of football this season.  This week had eight games finish within one score, two games going to OT, several others coming down to the last drive.  Lets look at this great week:

-Pats beat a great Texans squad 36-33 with Brady having a great statistical day - 25-35, 378 yards 5 TDs with a PR of 146.2 - but also kind of having a meh day in other areas (a pick-six; 2 other fumbles that were recovered by the Pats).  The Pats D continues to be a problem (still no Hightower) but Brady and the receivers made it.   Brandon Cooks, you could say, became a Patriot today.  Great game.  

But kind of fuck the fans for booing the players for not standing during the anthem (for the record, I was not at the game).  Yes, you have freedom of speech too, but I don't see why kneeling during the anthem hurts your feelings.  Just get over it.  

-Detroit lost to the Falcons.  But in that strange way, the loss was actually more impressive than either of Detroit's wins.  The Lions made every moment of the game and the D had Ryan in trouble a few times.  Whatever we thought of the Lions I thought they played a great game. 

-The Ravens and Steelers did not.  WTF Steelers?  Don't the Bears suck?  I thought the Bears sucked!  The Steelers just had nothing this game- and while they lost 2 fumbles, they just seemed flat the whole game.  And the Ravens?  Joe Flacco was benched for suckitide unbecoming an elite QB.  8-18 for 28 whole yards 2 picks and a PRtg of 12 (QBR of .5).  By contrast Ryan Mallett - who blows - had a QB rating of 111.3.  And Jacksonville, I think, is in 1st place.  Both the Ravens and Steelers, I said, were two teams that I thought were legit 2-0 teams.  As always, I know nothing about football.  

-Great to see Jacoby Brisette leading the Colts to glory (over a terrible Cleveland team).  Brisette looked solid (not great) and I hope he gets a bit of credit for stopping the Colts slide.  I think his ability to scramble (at least somewhat) added a great deal to the game (also a good TD throw).  

-Miami... you ... you lost to the Jets.  I feel like that says it all.  

-And Seattle.  Oh ... God.  Seattle has looked wrong all season.  The D is crap; the O-line may actually get Wilson killed; the team committed 11 penalties for 98 yards; 4-14 on 3rd down.  That team is going to explode soon.  I feel like all the egos and opinionated people on that team will blow the doors off it (and that includes Pete Carroll).  

-The Bengals continue to make everybody they play look great.   The week it was GB and they looked like they were standing still for 3 quarters.  

-Giants played great; Phily played better. 

Overall, I feel like the NFL won this week.  They had two weeks of "blah" football, then had the President say something terrible about them and then went out and put together multiple quarters of absolutely great football. 

Feel great for the Pats who were able to dispatch an inspired Texans team.  But really I feel good that football, finally, feels like its here.  

56 minutes ago, Rockroi said:

-Pats beat a great Texans squad 36-33 with Brady having a great statistical day - 25-35, 378 yards 5 TDs with a PR of 146.2 - but also kind of having a meh day in other areas (a pick-six; 2 other fumbles that were recovered by the Pats).  The Pats D continues to be a problem (still no Hightower) but Brady and the receivers made it.   Brandon Cooks, you could say, became a Patriot today.  Great game.  

The same great Texans squad that got crushed by the Jaguars at Home in Week one? That great Texans squad? :D

19 minutes ago, Manhole Eunuchsbane said:

And in more recent news, The Redskins are making the Raiders look stupid on both sides of the ball in the first half.

I need that 30 point cushion I'm riding against you in B to stand another half. Slick move, starting Lynch and Richard both. Hopefully the Washington's stay tough and it bites you.

Just now, Pony Queen Jace said:

I need that 30 point cushion I'm riding against you in B to stand another half. Slick move, starting Lynch and Richard both. Hopefully the Washington's stay tough and it bites you.

Yeah, I left 12 points on the bench with both Charles and Blount putting up decent numbers. Looks like you're going to beat me there.

2 minutes ago, Manhole Eunuchsbane said:

Yeah, I left 12 points on the bench with both Charles and Blount putting up decent numbers. Looks like you're going to beat me there.

All it takes is a Marshawn screen that goes for a long TD and all you need is another score.

2 hours ago, Rockroi said:

So after the President insulted every player who is protesting in the NFL, the NFL put up- easily - the best week of football this season.  This week had eight games finish within one score, two games going to OT, several others coming down to the last drive.  Lets look at this great week:

But kind of fuck the fans for booing the players for not standing during the anthem (for the record, I was not at the game).  Yes, you have freedom of speech too, but I don't see why kneeling during the anthem hurts your feelings.  Just get over it.  

-Detroit lost to the Falcons.  But in that strange way, the loss was actually more impressive than either of Detroit's wins.  The Lions made every moment of the game and the D had Ryan in trouble a few times.  Whatever we thought of the Lions I thought they played a great game. 

-The Ravens and Steelers did not.  WTF Steelers?  Don't the Bears suck?  I thought the Bears sucked!  The Steelers just had nothing this game- and while they lost 2 fumbles, they just seemed flat the whole game.  And the Ravens?  Joe Flacco was benched for suckitide unbecoming an elite QB.  8-18 for 28 whole yards 2 picks and a PRtg of 12 (QBR of .5).  By contrast Ryan Mallett - who blows - had a QB rating of 111.3.  And Jacksonville, I think, is in 1st place.  Both the Ravens and Steelers, I said, were two teams that I thought were legit 2-0 teams.  As always, I know nothing about football.  

-Great to see Jacoby Brisette leading the Colts to glory (over a terrible Cleveland team).  Brisette looked solid (not great) and I hope he gets a bit of credit for stopping the Colts slide.  I think his ability to scramble (at least somewhat) added a great deal to the game (also a good TD throw).  

-Miami... you ... you lost to the Jets.  I feel like that says it all.  

-And Seattle.  Oh ... God.  Seattle has looked wrong all season.  The D is crap; the O-line may actually get Wilson killed; the team committed 11 penalties for 98 yards; 4-14 on 3rd down.  That team is going to explode soon.  I feel like all the egos and opinionated people on that team will blow the doors off it (and that includes Pete Carroll).  

-The Bengals continue to make everybody they play look great.   The week it was GB and they looked like they were standing still for 3 quarters.  

-Giants played great; Phily played better. 

Overall, I feel like the NFL won this week.  They had two weeks of "blah" football, then had the President say something terrible about them and then went out and put together multiple quarters of absolutely great football. 

Feel great for the Pats who were able to dispatch an inspired Texans team.  But really I feel good that football, finally, feels like its here.  

As a Pats shill, aren't you contractually obliged to stand with Trump?

2 hours ago, Manhole Eunuchsbane said:

The same great Texans squad that got crushed by the Jaguars at Home in Week one? That great Texans squad? :D

The Jaguars just routed the Ravens 44-7 and the 7 was in absolute garbage time while the 44 was all before the 4th quarter. And the only team the Jaguars lost to was a Titans team that just beat the Seahawks. Also in week one the Texans weren't starting their QB who is currently playing who is the future of the team. So it's really not an apt comparison.

55 minutes ago, sperry said:

As a Pats shill, aren't you contractually obliged to stand with Trump?

I mean Kraft wrote a letter condemning Trump today (and keep in mind Kraft is on record saying he supports Trump because Trump called him every day after his wife died for a year, so that's a pretty significant turn around, more so than anybody else in the league) and half the players on the Pats kneeled and the rest including Brady joined arms. Also the Patriots play in probably the most liberal state in the country next to California. So it's not really like most of the fanbase is inclined to vote Trump. Maybe some of the hicks in Northern NE or the yuppies on the cape. But that's about it.

4 minutes ago, lancerman said:

The Jaguars just routed the Ravens 44-7 and the 7 was in absolute garbage time while the 44 was all before the 4th quarter. And the only team the Jaguars lost to was a Titans team that just beat the Seahawks. Also in week one the Texans weren't starting their QB who is currently playing who is the future of the team. So it's really not an apt comparison.

That's fair. The Jags may be better than previously thought. That said, this is not a great Texans team. They may have played a great game, but they are not a great team. 

Archived