Season 8: News, Spoilers And Leaks

AEJON TARGARYEN

14 hours ago, Risto said:

I sincerely doubt the Harry=Aegon theory as we only have 6 episodes left and we have problems seeing current plotlines being resolved, let along adding new ones. 

As for who will Sansa end up with, I entertained an idea that Tyrion and Sansa, given that the pair work much better on TV show than in books, can end up together, but, with all the leaks, it sounds improbable. Robin, Gendry, etc. all of those seem unlikely way to finish the storyline of one of the most important characters in TV series. 

I wouldn't mind her ruling in her own name, with an extramarital liaison :D

I read all these GC Aegon theories with complete disbelief.  We have 8 episodes left, just 8.  There are still conflicts with major characters.  Jon does not even know who he is yet.  I simply cannot imagine a new character waltzes in, takes all the glory, the girl, and the name - in 8 final eps.  It is an interesting idea and would make for good plotting but I just don't think there is time to make this work.  Doesn't mean it won't happen, just that I find it unlikely and unsatisfying.  7 seasons wondering about Jon's real name and to have it gone in a minute would be enough to make me turn on the author/directors.  

In the Dragonstone fireplace scene, Dany has all of her hair pulled back. It's been like that before but it's unusual. First thing I noticed was it looked like a dragon's back. Looking at some pics of Drogon, he has those double lines of ridges down either side which fade into the tail which is how her hair is braided here. 

Scene cuts may or may not mean anything if we look back at previous seasons, but there's one scene where Jon's voiceover says we have to end this war or something, and it shows him blowing out a candle's flame. There seems to be some shade cast on Jon/Dany which might mean something or it might be intentional distraction. Who knows? 

People who think fAegon is gonna appear at all in the last season, much less take the throne at the end are even more delusional than Daenerys' fans who used to think she would go North with her dragons, torch the Others and be back home in time for tea.

4 minutes ago, lakin1013 said:

I read all these GC Aegon theories with complete disbelief.  We have 8 episodes left, just 8.  There are still conflicts with major characters.  Jon does not even know who he is yet.  I simply cannot imagine a new character waltzes in, takes all the glory, the girl, and the name - in 8 final eps.  It is an interesting idea and would make for good plotting but I just don't think there is time to make this work.  Doesn't mean it won't happen, just that I find it unlikely and unsatisfying.  7 seasons wondering about Jon's real name and to have it gone in a minute would be enough to make me turn on the author/directors.  

Six episodes left, but I agree. 

Adding, Harry's hair is the wrong color. The show is at least consistent with that. With the gold armor, he looks like a Lannister (not saying he's a Lannister), but it's too confusing for the audience many of whom still think Viserys or Ned is Jon's father.  And I don't think you can introduced a second Aegon. It's just too stupid and the jokes... (Hi I'm Rhaegar. This is my son Aegon. And this is my other son Aegon.) They're getting out of having to explain that right now because most of the audience is casual and forgot he already had a kid named Aegon, but introduce another one, and you have to come up with something, and it'll inevitably be dumb (and confusing). 

If the show does this, the audience confusion will be more entertaining than the show will probably be. 

They don't have to do any of that.

Jon claiming he is Aegon starts the rumor that "Aegon is back! He's saving us from Mad Dany and taking his revenge on the Lannisters/plans to overthrow Cersei!" or some such.

We think it's people talking about Jon.

When Jon shows up in KL after they lose at WF, Cersei tells him he's trying to backstab her, she is hearing he is going around calling himself Aegon, true heir to the Iron Throne. Jon tries to explain, the GC throw him in jail. (Varys is fueling this propaganda)

The GC succeed in killing the dragon(s)/maybe Dany when it/they attack KL.

People celebrate, and rumors continue to spread that Aegon saved the day; the GC leader is celebrated, Aegon has returned! Long live Aegon! The GC start their coup, he kills Cersei, everyone is happy. Jon is to be executed for being a wanna-be usurper, consort to mad Dany, who claimed he was Aegon (and nobody would believe Jon is Aegon. What's that? Another Aegon? lol Yeah sure bud). GC leader stole Jon's name, people do believe that guy is Aegon, and he piggy backs on the good part of Jon's reputation, leaving Jon with the worst part.

Sansa having lost WF has to marry "Aegon" to salvage her family's house.

Aegon lines up the free folk to be executed, because people think Dany destroyed the wall with her dragons to have them help her take the north. Nice way to gain the northmen's support.

Aegon orders Jaime to be executed for kingslaying his "grandfather", to cement the propaganda. Brienne does it with Oathkeeper, because she has become Sansa's dog. Or maybe she refuses and dies with him.

Arya, instead of executing Jon, stabs him in the pointy end of her dragonglass dagger, to save his life. Valar morghulis. Jon is the new NK, frees the free folk, and Theon brings them all back north of the new wall on his ships, redeeming himself for what he did to Winterfell. Jon is the new King Beyond the Wall, and there is still a Stark in Winterfell.

The fAegon plot is easy to support without getting into any backstory. Can all happen in Ep5 + ep6. Coups happen quickly.

Also this season is only like 4 minutes shorter than the last.

edit: Also we know Toby Osmond is playing a "royal role in golden armor". He's likely playing the new ruler of Dorne, he looks very Dornish. Why this character? Because Aegon's mother was Dornish. The guy is probably one of Oberyn's bastards. Good ally for fAegon, just to show that he has support at the end of the story from different kingdoms.

Power lies where men believe it resides. No more, no less. "A mummer's trick?"

1 hour ago, HouseLancaster said:

All of this I think is just messy writing. The earlier seasons were following book Varys when he did have a plan. They then changed his motivations in later seasons to support Dany and hoped you'd forget his earlier comments/actions. Since which of course they've also really struggled to find something suitable for him to do. That's just my take.

He no longer seems mysterious, powerful, nor informed (to me). A shell of the spider he was.

I think the most likely source of betrayel will be tyrion - either for love, or for family. 

I hope Masies comments aren't just referencing callbacks 

I'm holding on to blind hope that there's some twist in store to explain why Varys has been so bad at  his job, but I'm afraid your theory (really bad writing) might have a higher probability of being the truth

2 hours ago, NonoNono said:

They don't have to do any of that.

Jon claiming he is Aegon starts the rumor that "Aegon is back! He's saving us from Mad Dany and taking his revenge on the Lannisters/plans to overthrow Cersei!" or some such.

When Jon shows up in KL after they lose at WF, Cersei tells him he's trying to backstab her, she is hearing he is going around calling himself Aegon, true heir to the Iron Throne. Jon tries to explain, the GC throw him in jail. (Varys is fueling this propaganda)

People celebrate, and rumors continue to spread that Aegon saved the day; the GC leader is celebrated, Aegon has returned! Long live Aegon! The GC start their coup, he kills Cersei, everyone is happy. Jon is to be executed for being a wanna-be usurper, consort to mad Dany, who claimed he was Aegon (and nobody would believe Jon is Aegon. What's that? Another Aegon? lol Yeah sure bud). GC leader stole Jon's name, people do believe that guy is Aegon, and he piggy backs on the good part of Jon's reputation, leaving Jon with the worst part.

Aegon lines up the free folk to be executed, because people think Dany destroyed the wall with her dragons to have them help her take the north. Nice way to gain the northmen's support.

Aegon orders Jaime to be executed for kingslaying his "grandfather", to cement the propaganda. Brienne does it with Oathkeeper, because she has become Sansa's dog. Or maybe she refuses and dies with him.

Arya, instead of executing Jon, stabs him in the pointy end of her dragonglass dagger, to save his life. Valar morghulis. Jon is the new NK, frees the free folk, and Theon brings them all back north of the new wall on his ships, redeeming himself for what he did to Winterfell. Jon is the new King Beyond the Wall, and there is still a Stark in Winterfell.

The fAegon plot is easy to support without getting into any backstory. Can all happen in Ep5 + ep6. Coups happen quickly.

Also this season is only like 4 minutes shorter than the last.

edit: Also we know Toby Osmond is playing a "royal role in golden armor". He's likely playing the new ruler of Dorne, he looks very Dornish. Why this character? Because Aegon's mother was Dornish. The guy is probably one of Oberyn's bastards. Good ally for fAegon, just to show that he has support at the end of the story from different kingdoms.

Power lies where men believe it resides. No more, no less. "A mummer's trick?"

Oy vey......

next time when you order pizza, make sure to say "no mushrooms please". 

2 hours ago, Lollygag said:

In the Dragonstone fireplace scene, Dany has all of her hair pulled back. It's been like that before but it's unusual. First thing I noticed was it looked like a dragon's back. Looking at some pics of Drogon, he has those double lines of ridges down either side which fade into the tail which is how her hair is braided here. 

Scene cuts may or may not mean anything if we look back at previous seasons, but there's one scene where Jon's voiceover says we have to end this war or something, and it shows him blowing out a candle's flame. There seems to be some shade cast on Jon/Dany which might mean something or it might be intentional distraction. Who knows? 

Emergency Awesome in this video pointed out that this is her Dothraki braid from season 1 and we see the same hairstyle when she walked into the fire and hatched the dragons. It does look a bit different because her current wig is a lot bulkier than her season 1 wig. In both of these scenes, she's absolutely fixated on fire and maybe she's thinking about hatching things here. 

When Dany was pregnant the first time, her personality kinda changed. Drago said it was his son/the Stallion who Mounts the World that did it. Does her personality change if she's pregnant again? 

The season 8 poster also calls to mind season 1 which is consistent with the season 1 references from trailers and the cast interviews. The IT is melded with Drogon and there's the scene in season 1 where Drogo says a king doesn't need a throne, he only needs a horse (dragon).

14 minutes ago, Lollygag said:

Emergency Awesome in this video pointed out that this is her Dothraki braid from season 1 and we see the same hairstyle when she walked into the fire and hatched the dragons. It does look a bit different because her current wig is a lot bulkier than her season 1 wig. In both of these scenes, she's absolutely fixated on fire and maybe she's thinking about hatching things here.  

When Dany was pregnant the first time, her personality kinda changed. Drago said it was his son/the Stallion who Mounts the World that did it. Does her personality change if she's pregnant again? 

The season 8 poster also calls to mind season 1 which is consistent with the season 1 references from trailers and the cast interviews. The IT is melded with Drogon and there's the scene in season 1 where Drogo says a king doesn't need a throne, he only needs a horse (dragon).

Fire & Blood!

Excellent points. I really think the scene with Jon and Dany at Dragonstone is in ep2, when Dany bails out of Winterfell because they reject her, leaving only Rhaegal for Jon and her army to help them. She is now pondering attacking King's Landing with Drogon, going all Fire & Blood.

12 hours ago, DisneyDoc2425 said:

I agree. From the brief teaser trailer released yesterday there appears to be a scene with Jon and Daenerys at Dragonstone (the wall in the background is exactly the same wall we saw in a scene from S7 involving Dany and Tyrion having a discussion). We only see the back of Dany (probably to hide her pregnancy) and Jon has a very distraught look on his face. My best fanfiction guess here is that this scene is from E4 with the two of them retreating to Dragonstone after losing the battle at WF to obtain the relative safety of Dragonstone (at least the NK army can't swim to get at them easily). Perhaps Jon is telling her he needs to leave (like Rhaeger left Lyanna and Ned left Caitlyn) her there (leaving Drogon for aerial protection at least) to go south to meet with Cersei to try and convince her to work with him to continue the fight against the NK. Perhaps in the future Dany will make another one of her questionable decisions and leave Dragonstone on Drogon (while still pregnant) to help save Jon (like she did in the past) and fight the NK. I guess we shall see.

Jon and Dany at Dragonstone is a game changer. I have always wondered, if they completely lost the battle at WF, how many if any survivors are there? How could they possibly survive (other than Jon and Dany who could fly away). 

Nice to see Jamie in these clips fighting along  side the Northerners. Beric still alive confirmed, Arya being a bad ass. Still no Tormund or Bron.

Now time to go all Nono on you all. Maybe Bron infiltrates the GC and kills Harry Strickland. Arya takes his face (Harry Strickland) and assumes command of the GC. At any rate, one way or the other, the GC is just plot armor and dragon Fodder. 

11 minutes ago, NonoNono said:

Fire & Blood!

Excellent points. I really think the scene with Jon and Dany at Dragonstone is in ep2, when Dany bails out of Winterfell because they reject her, leaving only Rhaegal for Jon and her army to help them. She is now pondering attacking King's Landing with Drogon, going all Fire & Blood.

Just stop, Dany isn't going to bail on Jon. Man, where do you come up with this tripe? The scene has both Jon and Dany in Dragonstone, and Jon is clearly seen fighting at WF. 

33 minutes ago, Error-504 said:

Just stop, Dany isn't going to bail on Jon. Man, where do you come up with this tripe? The scene has both Jon and Dany in Dragonstone, and Jon is clearly seen fighting at WF. 

She leaves Winterfell on Drogon and leaves her army and Rhaegal behind to help Jon and co. fight the NK.

Jon goes after her to try and convince her not to abandon them. Fails. He goes back to WF. She isn't "bailing on Jon", she leaves WF to avoid causing more divisions; if she gets killed by some wanna-be hero the whole place could go up in flame. It's actually the smart thing to do. She is too dangerous, just by being there.

Can you be less disrespectful towards fellow posters? No need to be condescending.

3 minutes ago, NonoNono said:

She leaves Winterfell on Drogon and leaves her army and Rhaegal behind to help Jon and co. fight the NK.

Jon goes after her to try and convince her not to abandon them. Fails. He goes back to WF. She isn't "bailing on Jon", she leaves WF to avoid causing more divisions; if she gets killed by some wanna-be hero the whole place could go up in flame. It's actually the smart thing to do. She is too dangerous, just by being there.

Can you be less disrespectful towards fellow posters? No need to be condescending.

Your the one that said she bails

when Dany bails out of Winterfell because they reject her, 

Could you at least compose a coherent thought? My disrespect is only directed at those either hellbent on posting their own fan-fic as a spoiler, or those that are here to tell us how much the show sucks. 

35 minutes ago, NonoNono said:

You do realize that the only reason the GC is coming to Westeros is because Cersei paid them too, and Euron provided the transportation? 

What if Cersei never managed to get the gold from the Reach? What then? Was Harry Strickland going to swim to Westeros? Awful shaky plan isn't it? Not too mention that Harry Strickland's parentage was never in doubt, and there is no way he could claim to be Aegon. 

https://awoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/Harry_Strickland

8 hours ago, NonoNono said:

Your entire "theory" rests on everyone believing a bunch of false rumours, firstly about "Aegon", then about Dany being the one who destroys the Wall.  Has there been anything in the last 7 seasons to suggest anything like that?

I don't buy fAegon either, not really

This how I think the first 3 eps will go

EP1 - Reunions, some factions are disgruntled 

EP2 - Bonds are reformed, relationship's develop

EP3 - Everyone standing together by time Walkers attack. And they get f**cked up. Whether the GC also attack, or there is disent I don't know but they get f**cked up have to escape by the end (and get separated into groups again) - it's also possible burning winterfell is a last ditch effort to kill as many whites as poss...! 

Eps 4 to 6, the story moves south with everyone fleeing the North

Basically I also don't buy Dany will abandon the North out of rejection or any other reason. She'll be fleeing/regrouping like the rest of them after giving it her best

4 hours ago, HouseLancaster said:

I don't buy fAegon either, not really

This how I think the first 3 eps will go

EP1 - Reunions, some factions are disgruntled 

EP2 - Bonds are reformed, relationship's develop

EP3 - Everyone standing together by time Walkers attack. And they get f**cked up. Whether the GC also attack, or there is disent I don't know but they get f**cked up have to escape by the end (and get separated into groups again) - it's also possible burning winterfell is a last ditch effort to kill as many whites as poss...! 

Eps 4 to 6, the story moves south with everyone fleeing the North

Basically I also don't buy Dany will abandon the North out of rejection or any other reason. She'll be fleeing/regrouping like the rest of them after giving it her best

I agree, 1st ep is table setting, 2nd or 3rd, I can't remember, is the battle of WF, in the last 4 eps there will be Dany at Dragonstone, and probably in the 5th ep there will be the big meeting at the dragon pit.

The showrunners did say there was one more big twisting coming, and so I guess theoretically it could be Aegon, but this seems REALLY unlikely, more likely it's the spoiler on Tyrion's betrayal or something else that hasn't leaked yet.

19 minutes ago, Cas Stark said:

I agree, 1st ep is table setting, 2nd or 3rd, I can't remember, is the battle of WF, in the last 4 eps there will be Dany at Dragonstone, and probably in the 5th ep there will be the big meeting at the dragon pit.

The showrunners did say there was one more big twisting coming, and so I guess theoretically it could be Aegon, but this seems REALLY unlikely, more likely it's the spoiler on Tyrion's betrayal or something else that hasn't leaked yet.

They said that the two WTF moments were Shereens burning and Hodors story. Shereen and Hodor were minor roles in GoT, and yet they refered to it as WTF moments. Tyrions betrayel overshadows both of those moments for the viewers by far. So I am absolute shure that if the leaks are true, this will definitively be the third WTF moment.

Archived