NCAA Basketball 2017: In the March of Madness

Ded As Ned

Sometimes I forget how many TV timeouts we get in tourney games. Good news is that it gives refs time to oil up the whistles for the home stretch.

1 minute ago, Rhom said:

Sometimes I forget how many TV timeouts we get in tourney games. Good news is that it gives refs time to oil up the whistles for the home stretch.

There's not anymore timeouts in the tourney, the problems is that they're so much longer.

What the hell did I just watch? :tantrum: 

Ive watched a good amount of tournament ball, and all I know is that I have not seen one team get that timeout given to them in a scrum on the floor.

Four to five good games in a row looks to be this team’s range.

The shame of it all is that we still could have won this game and then, who knows?

I am trying to remind myself that I expected this team to lose to Arizona in the second round. In some ways, Virginia and Cincy losing is the worst thing that could happen. Shifted expectations for a team that was approaching a valid Top 16 status to "Final Four or Bust."

13 minutes ago, Rhom said:

Four to five good games in a row looks to be this team’s range.

The shame of it all is that we still could have won this game and then, who knows?

I am trying to remind myself that I expected this team to lose to Arizona in the second round. In some ways, Virginia and Cincy losing is the worst thing that could happen. Shifted expectations for a team that was approaching a valid Top 16 status to "Final Four or Bust."

That game was pretty gross, one of the tightest called games I've seen all year.

I would say the loss is 100% on Cal.  You had so much height over K-State, that every possession should have been pounding it down into the post for an easy two points.  But I don't think any of your players are that comfortable playing with their backs to the basket because they all want to play like Kevin Durant, and Cal lets them (so that he can continue to get those highly ranked recruits that want to play the same way).  Losing always sucks, but this time of year only three teams don't end their year with a loss and two of those don't matter.

That side of the bracket is now 3, 9, 9, and 11.  The championship game is just going to be ugly (unless Michigan somehow plays out of their minds, and after their first two games I don't think they can string together that many great games).

Archived