U.S. Politics; Who Watches the Watchers?

LongRider

Just now, Guy Kilmore said:

While the hostility is a little intense, there is really nothing anyone can respond too without seeing the news story themselves.  Do you have a link or something to provide?

I will try to find one. Sorry, if I can't. Its just that I find it very wrong to the family members of this lady. Its like it was of no importance.

1 minute ago, Guy Kilmore said:

While the hostility is a little intense, there is really nothing anyone can respond too without seeing the news story themselves.  Do you have a link or something to provide?

For a little context, I am suspicious of this person because of their posts in the gun control thread. There is a whiff of troll or sea lion.

6 minutes ago, DanteGabriel said:

For a little context, I am suspicious of this person because of their posts in the gun control thread. There is a whiff of troll or sea lion.

:cheers: I just got back from that thread....

33 minutes ago, Esmenet said:

I will try to find one. Sorry, if I can't. Its just that I find it very wrong to the family members of this lady. Its like it was of no importance.

In case this was actually about concern for the family of this putative victim, news organizations try to be very careful about revealing the names of non-famous people who've died. Often times, they hold off until the victim's family can be notified or until law enforcement has released the name.

This is a useful fact to keep in mind for further blanket critiques of news media.

https://ethics.journalists.org/topics/withholding-names-and-information/

33 minutes ago, DanteGabriel said:

Why? What could I possibly be trolling? I thought it was disrespectful to not even mention the name of the woman. And, what does that have to do with the gun control thread. I'm not a right-winger, not even close. I said I wouldnt mind stricter laws, but from articles I read, it doesn't equate to lower crime rates. The troll accusations on this site are so ridiculous. Anyone who doesn't agree with the majority is a troll. Give me a break. 

As I Democrat, I fear for our party extremely. Because of people such as you. You (the far far left) say to have an open mind, but are anything but. You think your way and ideas are the only way. Its ruining America.

3 minutes ago, DanteGabriel said:

In case this was actually about concern for the family of this putative victim, news organizations try to be very careful about revealing the names of non-famous people who've died. Often times, they hold off until the victim's family can be notified or until law enforcement has released the name.

This is a useful fact to keep in mind for further blanket critiques of news media.

https://ethics.journalists.org/topics/withholding-names-and-information/

Thank you. Id thought of that, but if being reported, youd think the family would know. Again, the media is not news anymore, its entertainment. 

5 minutes ago, Esmenet said:

Thank you. Id thought of that, but if being reported, youd think the family would know. Again, the media is not news anymore, its entertainment. 

You absolutely cannot think the family would know just because it's being reported. Maybe we could tell more if there was a single shred of useful information in your report about the useless news report.

26 minutes ago, Esmenet said:

Why? What could I possibly be trolling? I thought it was disrespectful to not even mention the name of the woman. And, what does that have to do with the gun control thread. I'm not a right-winger, not even close. I said I wouldnt mind stricter laws, but from articles I read, it doesn't equate to lower crime rates. The troll accusations on this site are so ridiculous. Anyone who doesn't agree with the majority is a troll. Give me a break. 

As I Democrat, I fear for our party extremely. Because of people such as you. You (the far far left) say to have an open mind, but are anything but. You think your way and ideas are the only way. Its ruining America.

People will accuse of trolling because you were behaving like a troll. You asked a few questions, they were answered by multiple posters, and then you basically just asked the questions in a different way, again, they were answered, and then you misinterpreted what people were saying. Maybe you were trolling, maybe you weren't. If you sincerely were not trying to troll people, you must learn to construct stronger arguments and listen to the feedback you get. You absolutely failed to do that. 

12 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

People will accuse of trolling because you were behaving like a troll. You asked a few questions, they were answered by multiple posters, and then you basically just asked the questions in a different way, again, they were answered, and then you misinterpreted what people were saying. Maybe you were trolling, maybe you weren't. If you sincerely were not trying to troll people, you must learn to construct stronger arguments and listen to the feedback you get. You absolutely failed to do that. 

It wasnt an argument. And, your misconstruing my other posts. I added on to my question asking what could be done besides just gun laws. Hey, read it however you want. Its your rock, I'm just living here.

EXCLUSIVE!

Incredibly, my connections with the USA government have leaked me (on condition of anonymity) this incredible find:

The first draft of Trump's letter to North Korea.

Rocket Man - little Kim - we will not be coming to your PHONY meeting with the other Koreans who have been very nice to me. N Korea is not being nice to me and should remember unlike the failing @NYTimes that I got past 270. All night they were saying there was no way to get past 270 and we got well over 300 and it was the biggest electoral win by a republican since lincoln who was also a R. and not many people know that because the Dems and the FAKE NEWS media want to hide the fact that he did the thing........

N Korea wont be coming to my birthday party and it was going to be tremendous because of the ice cream which was the best ice cream you could ever have you wouldnt believe how good it is and its at Mar-A-Lago which is my winter white house. Rocket Man has no white houses and Trump has 2 white houses as well as at least 2 times more nuclear weapons but its probably more like a milloin times more missiles and I hope we don't have to shoot them all right at N Korea because we still need some left over for Iran who made the worst deal ever but Obama agreed with it and unlike Obama we are actually not agreeing to hand over $1.9 billion in CASH except it was more like $56 billion in CASH PAYMENTS while the whole world LAUGHS AT US.

How come N Korea never talks about how crooked Hillary agreed to impose sanctions on them while Trump was willing to make a much better deal but that deal is gone now and there is NO COLLUSION!

#MAGA

Just now, Yukle said:

EXCLUSIVE!

Incredibly, my connections with the USA government have leaked me (on condition of anonymity) this incredible find:

The first draft of Trump's letter to North Korea.

Rocket Man - little Kim - we will not be coming to your PHONY meeting with the other Koreans who have been very nice to me. N Korea is not being nice to me and should remember unlike the failing @NYTimes that I got past 270. All night they were saying there was no way to get past 270 and we got well over 300 and it was the biggest electoral win by a republican since lincoln who was also a R. and not many people know that because the Dems and the FAKE NEWS media want to hide the fact that he did the thing........

N Korea wont be coming to my birthday party and it was going to be tremendous because of the ice cream which was the best ice cream you could ever have you wouldnt believe how good it is and its at Mar-A-Lago which is my winter white house. Rocket Man has no white houses and Trump has 2 white houses as well as at least 2 times more nuclear weapons but its probably more like a milloin times more missiles and I hope we don't have to shoot them all right at N Korea because we still need some left over for Iran who made the worst deal ever but Obama agreed with it and unlike Obama we are actually not agreeing to hand over $1.9 billion in CASH except it was more like $56 billion in CASH PAYMENTS while the whole world LAUGHS AT US.

How come N Korea never talks about how crooked Hillary agreed to impose sanctions on them while Trump was willing to make a much better deal but that deal is gone now and there is NO COLLUSION!

#MAGA

Leakers are Treason!!!

11 minutes ago, Pony Empress Jace said:

Leakers are Treason!!!

Except when they leak the 33,000 emails. Russia, hurry up, Wikileaks is waiting!

3 minutes ago, Yukle said:

Except when they leak the 33,000 emails. Russia, hurry up, Wikileaks is waiting!

When the leaks are about me, they're totally fake. They're disgusting. Absolute lies. The failing New York Times is a joke. But if the leaks are about my enemies, they're great. The best! They're big and beautiful and everyone's going to love them. I know it. You know it. Everybody knows it. 

I know I said this earlier today, and I don't want to belabor the point too much, but the freaking president of the United States said American citizens should leave the country if they won't stand for the flag. Trump has a tendency to conflate himself and the state it'self. What he's really saying is stand for me or get out.

That's not the behavior of an autocrat at all.......

3 hours ago, Notone said:

First of, read again what I wrote. I already said in that quote, what happened in Costa Rica went beyond what I meant by getting pimped out as part of the job.

Far from me to question your viewing habits, and why you think attractive women in sexy outfits have to part of a sporting event. But that goes towards the objectification of women, and what I meant by getting pimped out.

Because the Powers that Pee on us all don't think there is any other role for women in sports other than this -- despite being shown over and over otherwise.  Realize, for just one single instance, girls couldn't play in Little League until 1976.  OK?

Archived