Moving Right Alolan - More Pokemon Go!

Fragile Bird

I gathered up a few people and we did 26 Articuno raids in the 3 hours. Plan was to hit gyms that we could do from the car and never get out, and we succeeded. Over a million XP, 7 total shinies in the car. Sadly none of my family caught any.

It was the single best thing I've done in PoGo since I started, and I can't wait to refine the route and strategy for next time to do more.

It was a pretty fun weekend for PoGo. After insanely bad luck with the other shiny legendaries, I managed to get three shiny Articuno in my first three tries. I did a few more after that, but I think an hour of raiding was enough for me. And I'm so glad I have a dope shiny Blastoise with aviators now.

I try to keep one of each of the "specials" as part of my "collection" (that includes the evolutions, if I have multiples)

I have saved an extra shiny magikarp and Articuno for my son.

I met someone during the raids who has extra Kangastahns and will trade with me.  I just need to match his real name to this pokemon name. :P

Well, thinking about it, i wasnt quite accurate when i said i only care about the hats. The hats are the only ones i actively search out, but ive kept all my shinies. However, when given the choice of evolving my crap shiny charmander and a good one, i chose the good one, even though charizard is like one of two good looking shinies.

I got a Kangaskhan on Saturday from a fellow who was visiting Australia when Pokémon Go first started and was smart enough to keep a bunch in case trading started. I had a Farfetched he needed for his pokedex from my trip to Finland last year.

I got about 45 Squirtle with Sunglasses, including 8 shinies. Also got several regular shinies. I have a couple of sets of three.  Now the heartache is, how many do I delete? I know there are people out there who had to work and never caught one, so I'm happy to keep quite a few for trading, but there's another Community Day next month, after all.

I've told everyone I have a good stock of Alolan from the US, NZ, the UK and Greece, even one from Italy, ready for trading to get that mileage bonus.

6 hours ago, Casablanca Birdie said:

I got a Kangaskhan on Saturday from a fellow who was visiting Australia when Pokémon Go first started and was smart enough to keep a bunch in case trading started. I had a Farfetched he needed for his pokedex from my trip to Finland last year.

I got about 45 Squirtle with Sunglasses, including 8 shinies. Also got several regular shinies. I have a couple of sets of three.  Now the heartache is, how many do I delete? I know there are people out there who had to work and never caught one, so I'm happy to keep quite a few for trading, but there's another Community Day next month, after all.

I've told everyone I have a good stock of Alolan from the US, NZ, the UK and Greece, even one from Italy, ready for trading to get that mileage bonus.

You have one of those 2000 slotted pokedexes don't you? 

12 hours ago, Rakib Altinin 1974 said:

You have one of those 2000 slotted pokedexes don't you? 

No, no no! While I admit I have a serious hoarding problem :blushing:  I only have room for 950! And I plan to do a serious clean-up. I had so many to evolve I had to use two eggs, though I was pretty slow evolving, unusual for me. I make lists first and then go as quickly as possible. Now I need to trash excess Pokemon. 

6 hours ago, La Albearceleste said:

Me a week ago: damn, can't open this gift, no egg slots free.

Me now: damn, got an egg slot free. Can't open this gift.

How many friends do you have? I understand you can have 200, but I have 45, 7 Westeros and 1 total stranger from New Zealand who was looking for friends, and the rest are in my raiding group. 45 (shit, what an ominous number, I better get one more!) is almost more than I can deal with. At first I only opened gifts when I had an open slot, now at the end of the day I look at my list and try to open everything that’s more than 2 days old. I religiously hand out gifts, to get friend levels up, since these are people I raid with.

I have also discovered that there are fewer and fewer gifts with eggs. My last two gifts from NZ had no eggs, sadly.

If there are Westeros lurkers reading this thread who play Zpokemon, please speak up!

When does the Alolan event end? It must be soon. I wonder what’s next?

Birdie, are we friends?  I do have several I can't identify, bus I'm not sure I recall any gifts from your lovely city. Everyone should know me, as I use a combo of my real and board names.

I do have 52 friends, but I want to get rid of 15 or so.  They are part of the local raiding group that I don't see that much.  It's just too much work to have that many. (have to make sure that doesn't include cute motorcycle guy who has the Kangas)

I hate that we can only hold 10 gifts.  That means you have to stop, send them all out, then get 10 more, rinse and repeat. I wish we could hold as many as we have space for. I'm trying to remember to do the gift thing several times a day, but it's kind of hard to stop in the middle of things and send them out.

On ‎7‎/‎4‎/‎2018 at 10:41 AM, Rakib Altinin 1974 said:

Dont know if I'll even attempt to worry about Unown. 

Not counting the Kanto regionals I'm lacking, it's Hitmonlee that's my white whale.  Can't seem to get the combo needed to evolve one and every time one pops up in my nearby box, it's when I'm in a hurry going in the opposite direction of where I'd need to be.  Twice in the last 6 weeks that's happened...

I just checked my Tyrogues and 2 were the ones that evolve into Hitmonlee, so I evolved the better of the two.

Any chance you have any gen 2 or 3 regionals I don't have?  Even if you don't, I'll still give you the Hitmonlee.  I'll send you a PM

3 hours ago, Lany Freelove Cassandra said:

Birdie, are we friends?  I do have several I can't identify, bus I'm not sure I recall any gifts from your lovely city. Everyone should know me, as I use a combo of my real and board names.

I do have 52 friends, but I want to get rid of 15 or so.  They are part of the local raiding group that I don't see that much.  It's just too much work to have that many. (have to make sure that doesn't include cute motorcycle guy who has the Kangas).

Yes, I’m Bartlett1954!

I have learned to check before I delete any Alolan Pokémon, especially now that they are giving fewer eggs.

There’s a 100,000 kilometers badge, which means all international Pokémon should be kept! 

1 minute ago, Casablanca Birdie said:

Yes, I’m Bartlett1954!

I have learned to check before I delete any Alolan Pokémon, especially now that they are giving fewer eggs.

There’s a 100,000 kilometers badge, which means all international Pokémon should be kept! 

:lol: I thought Bartlett was "a mutual friend from Texas" , since that's her last name (or pretty close to it).  I need a score card.

One thing I have always wished for was a way to export data from the game to a spreadsheet 

3 minutes ago, Lany Freelove Cassandra said:

:lol: I thought Bartlett was "a mutual friend from Texas" , since that's her last name (or pretty close to it).  I need a score card.

One thing I have always wished for was a way to export data from the game to a spreadsheet 

She plays Pokémon? We need to get Baita!

10 minutes ago, Casablanca Birdie said:

She plays Pokémon? We need to get Baita!

I don't know if she plays or not. I didn't think it was her kind of thing, but I've seen all sorts of people playing.  But you can see why I assumed you were her :lol: I'm just a bit linear in my thinking ;)

4 minutes ago, Lany Freelove Cassandra said:

I don't know if she plays or not. I didn't think it was her kind of thing, but I've seen all sorts of people playing.  But you can see why I assumed you were her :lol: I'm just a bit linear in my thinking ;)

But Baita does....

Archived