NBA Finals 2018: Do Or Die For The Cleveland LeBrons

Mr. Chatywin et al.

Saw the headline on ESPN that LeBron had a "self-inflicted" hand injury.  Came here expecting a litany of masturbation/dick jokes.  

1 hour ago, briantw said:

At any rate, if LeBron leaves the Cavs, I just hope he goes somewhere and beats Golden State.  Really don't want to see these showboating assholes win another title.

Agreed, except I don't have any real animus towards the Warriors.  It's just LeBron (re)super-teaming it up is about the only chance they'll get some competition (maybe a healthy Celtics team could give them a challenge, but I still don't see it).  Maybe Houston can figure out a way to get him.  While the Sixers make the most sense financially, I don't like the age difference.  Feel like by the time Simmons and Embiid are truly ready to compete at that level, LeBron will be too old.

1 hour ago, sperry said:

???  Wrecking your teams already small finals chances because you punched a wall as a 15 year vet is a decidedly terrible look.

It's so you going on again about "hits to legacies". The Cavs were gonna lose whether he was healthy or not and in a week or so people will forget about his hand.

@Relic

Where do you think LeBron is going and could I persuade you to become something other than a Knick fan, because you deserve better?

1 minute ago, Red Tiger said:

It's so you going on again about "hits to legacies". The Cavs were gonna lose whether he was healthy or not and in a week or so people will forget about his hand.

Okay. I think it's a truly terrible look. The only saving grace is that, yes, the Cavs were going to lose no matter what.

58 minutes ago, sperry said:

Okay. I think it's a truly terrible look. The only saving grace is that, yes, the Cavs were going to lose no matter what.

Normally I would agree with you, but in this case, I can't blame him. He kept putting up performances throughout the season that would make Wilt Chamberlain proud and his team kept blowing the opportunities. A guy in his 15th season should not be forced to carry this much of a load.

HIs team doesn't play a lick of defense throughout the season, even though they have younger guys who could.

His team enters the playoffs going 4-3 against a team they should have been able to stomp out in 4.

He is forced to put up Herculean performances to take down a Kyrie and Hayward-less Celtics team.

Then the Cavs get an opportunity to win the game and JR goes full (insert Tropic Thunder reference) for the millionth time and they lose.

Honestly, I find it very gentlemanly of him that he hasn't knocked out at least one of his teammates this year, because it was a fucking trainwreck from start to finish.

7 minutes ago, sperry said:

He probably would have been better off punching JR Smith. Nobody would have blamed him for that.

Just now, Red Tiger said:

Normally I would agree with you, but in this case, I can't blame him. He kept putting up performances throughout the season that would make Wilt Chamberlain proud and his team kept blowing the opportunities. A guy in his 15th season should not be forced to carry this much of a load.

HIs team doesn't play a lick of defense throughout the season, even though they have younger guys who could.

His team enters the playoffs going 4-3 against a team they should have been able to stomp out in 4.

He is forced to put up Herculean performances to take down a Kyrie and Hayward-less Celtics team.

Then the Cavs get an opportunity to win the game and JR goes full (insert Tropic Thunder reference) for the millionth time and they lose.

Honestly, I find it very gentlemanly of him that he hasn't knocked out at least one of his teammates this year, because it was a fucking trainwreck from start to finish.

He was definitely let down by his teammates. But he handpicked all these guys, especially JR, so not really much room to get mad there.

As for Lebron, I don't think he has a lot of great options. I don't think Lebron plus Paul George and a bunch of young guys with the Lakers can realistically beat the Warriors. I don't think Lebron fits with the Sixers. Houston doesn't make a ton of sense, and I think the Celtics would be shortsighted to add him. Utah is an interesting landing spot, which he would obviously never go to. Maybe New Orleans? I honestly think Lebron is almost boxed out of any legitimate shot at a title just due to the league's landscape, unless someone completely random can just build a title contender from scratch.

The two legitimate threats to the Warriors are obviously the Rockets and Celts, with maybe the Sixers if they could get a Kawhi or someone like that. Houston's best option is to make a huge push for Paul George. Celtics don't need to try to add a star, they just need more depth. They can probably do that through either FA or using their still fantastic assets. That Kings pick next year will be likely be in the 6-10 range, and they've got a solid Memphis pick as well.

1 hour ago, sperry said:

He was definitely let down by his teammates. But he handpicked all these guys, especially JR, so not really much room to get mad there.

That isn't true. The GM listens to him but he didn't handpick this team. If he handpicked the team then Kyrie would still be in Cleveland for instance.

The best thing that could happen to the league this offseason: KD leaves to go lead his own team. Adam Silver gets the 10 or so best players in the league in a room, and implores them to stop the super team thing. He can offer some concessions in the next CBA to get them on board. Because it's becoming a self-fulfilling prophecy, and I promise you it's not going to be good for the game or for revenues.

3 hours ago, sperry said:

???  Wrecking your teams already small finals chances because you punched a wall as a 15 year vet is a decidedly terrible look.

Least he didn't break it on JR's face. If anything its astounding he was still so good after "breaking" his hand. And his team's "finals chances" were all resting on his shoulders anyway. 

I'm tired about talking about LeBron's legacy. The dude is a basketball legend, and he's still playing. Sit back and enjoy the show while it lasts. That Cavs team, minus LeBron, had no right to be in the playoffs. Just a horrible team. And while you can blame James for TT and JR being on the roster, the fact that the organization traded Kyrie for what amounts to a first round pick, is unforgivable.

2 hours ago, Red Tiger said:

@Relic

Where do you think LeBron is going and could I persuade you to become something other than a Knick fan, because you deserve better?

I thought LeBron's natural destination was Houston the moment they got CP3, but the salaries probably won't work out. I also thought Melo and Wade could join him there, but that's clearly not going to happen unless Houston trades Anderson straight up for Melo. Barring Houston, if i were LeBron, I'd go to the Knicks (we still secretly pine after him even tho he spurned us in 2010) or to Miami.  

The thing about Knick fans is that we're incredibly stupid. And loyal. 

2 minutes ago, Relic said:

I thought LeBron's natural destination was Houston the moment they got CP3, but the salaries probably won't work out. I also thought Melo and Wade could join him there, but that's clearly not going to happen unless Houston trades Anderson straight up for Melo. Barring Houston, if i were LeBron, I'd go to the Knicks (we still secretly pine after him even tho he spurned us in 2010) or to Miami.  

The thing about Knick fans is that we're incredibly stupid. And loyal. 

Jalen Rose thinks KD will go to the Knicks after he gets tired of winning easy mode titles in Golden State.

2 minutes ago, sperry said:

Jalen Rose thinks KD will go to the Knicks after he gets tired of winning easy mode titles in Golden State.

I heard him say that on the Simmons podcast I think. That would be amazing. Also been hearing Kyrie to Knicks rumors. But in reality all this talk is just meant to beat us down further. We won't get anyone, but Tim Hardaway JR will be on the roster for ten more years =/

10 minutes ago, Relic said:

I heard him say that on the Simmons podcast I think. That would be amazing. Also been hearing Kyrie to Knicks rumors. But in reality all this talk is just meant to beat us down further. We won't get anyone, but Tim Hardaway JR will be on the roster for ten more years =/

Eh, everything comes around. The Warriors were the saddest sack franchise on the planet until they weren't.

3 minutes ago, sperry said:

Eh, everything comes around. The Warriors were the saddest sack franchise on the planet until they weren't.

We have gotten out of the first round of the playoffs once in the last 15 years. 

Archived