NFL Thread: "Terrell Owens does what?" edition

Red Tiger

9 minutes ago, SpaceForce Tywin et al. said:

Hey now, don’t be a stinker!

I'm confused. Rodgers? 

He is the most talented of all time, sure. But 2nd best? No way. I never really saw Elway and Marino play, but I always thought Montana was the conscientious GOAT until Brady usurped him. 

And if you're actually thinking of Manning, then save face and pretend it was one of the others.

1 hour ago, Jace, Basilissa said:

I'm confused. Rodgers? 

He is the most talented of all time, sure. But 2nd best? No way. I never really saw Elway and Marino play, but I always thought Montana was the conscientious GOAT until Brady usurped him. 

And if you're actually thinking of Manning, then save face and pretend it was one of the others.

I'm surprised you're so quick to dismiss Manning given that you're the empress of the ponies. I do think those are probably the six best ever, but yes, I do have Manning at the top spot. Personally my order is Manning>Brady>Rodgers>Marino>Montana>Elway, though Rodgers could leapfrog Brady with a few more chips. Now, I have to state that this is through the prism of what I've seen. I never saw Montana play, and like you I only saw Marino and Elway as they were fading.

As I've said before, the reason I put Manning at the top is because I feel confident that he would have succeeded in the most scenarios. I feel like he would have won anywhere outside of Cleveland and Cincinnati where no one can win. 

1 hour ago, SpaceForce Tywin et al. said:

I'm surprised you're so quick to dismiss Manning given that you're the empress of the ponies. I do think those are probably the six best ever, but yes, I do have Manning at the top spot. Personally my order is Manning>Brady>Rodgers>Marino>Montana>Elway, though Rodgers could leapfrog Brady with a few more chips. Now, I have to state that this is through the prism of what I've seen. I never saw Montana play, and like you I only saw Marino and Elway as they were fading.

As I've said before, the reason I put Manning at the top is because I feel confident that he would have succeeded in the most scenarios. I feel like he would have won anywhere outside of Cleveland and Cincinnati where no one can win. 

I am Basilissa of all Rome, the reputation of one soiled Eques is of no consideration. 

Your misguided faith in his abilities aside.

29 minutes ago, SpaceForce Tywin et al. said:

Way to expand the conversation....

Expansion of conversation? Ok. I spent over a decade defending that fiveheaded freak show. "Brady had the defense" I said. "Dingy was a good coach, but Belichick?" I argued. 

I warped and twisted, strained and tested, whatever was needed to pretend that Manning did more with less. Until Brady carved a turkey out of the same defense in the same game exactly one year after it humiliated Manning.

The thing about Peyton was that if you could bedevil him, that was it. Sure, there were the great comebacks of the ages and whatnot. But whenever a disciplined and physical defense determined that its will would be imposed on a Manning offense, well that was the end.

Compared to Brady, who can carry a team against any scheme or any collection of talent. It's not even a discussion.

Just now, SpaceForce Tywin et al. said:

You get two quarters of Lamar tonight….

Yeah, I can't believe I'm about to watch The Hall of Fucking Fame game...

But as long as the paint doesn't turn into concrete or whatever it should be a fix.

15 minutes ago, larrytheimp said:

Just another reminder that the NFL is a sweaty, fungal, infestation of genitalia, rotting and corrupting society while pretending to be part of the fun zone.

Wait... either I have consumed too much alcohol in too brief a period to make sense of your commentary (scientifically doubtful) or you need to edit this statement.

Archived