NFL Thread: "Terrell Owens does what?" edition

Red Tiger

10 minutes ago, Joe Pesci said:

Well, Ray Lewis is still good at spewing non-stop bullshit a mile a minute out of his mouth while thinking none of it stinks. That guy can't get enough of himself.

And otoh Brian Urlacher is still as likable as ever. One of my favorite non-Bengals.  

He looks weird with hair though. 

19 minutes ago, James Arryn said:

So, EA used a YG song in it’s soundtrack that praises Kaepernick in Madden 19, and the company deleted his name from the song. Seriously.

They are saying it was a misunderstanding.

It was a misunderstanding because they found his name offensive and were shocked that people were offended at that.

Idiots 

1 hour ago, SpaceForce Tywin et al. said:

@Jace, Basilissa

Your boy Lamar looked pretty bad last night. He needs a lot of work, and worse, his speed didn't jump out against fourth stringers....

It was the HoF game. I have zero amount of concerns to spare. He didn't get hurt, that's plenty.

Not trying to be dismissive, but as I said. The HoF game means less than nothing.

So, I went from mostly liking Brady to really disliking him when he threw those equipment guys under the bus. But now it comes out that RG demanded that Brady admit to the deflating...even if he himself ‘didn’t know’...as part of a proposal to waive the 4 game suspension, and Brady refused to say they did it. Props. Impressed. 

5 hours ago, Jace, Basilissa said:

It was the HoF game. I have zero amount of concerns to spare. He didn't get hurt, that's plenty.

Not trying to be dismissive, but as I said. The HoF game means less than nothing.

I know and it's just one game. They'll have to rework his throwing motion a bit, but that's doable if he gets a year or two to sit.

On another note, I hope they don't call regular season games like they did last night's game. There are going to be a lot of bad personal foul calls.

1 hour ago, James Arryn said:

So, I went from mostly liking Brady to really disliking him when he threw those equipment guys under the bus. But now it comes out that RG demanded that Brady admit to the deflating...even if he himself ‘didn’t know’...as part of a proposal to waive the 4 game suspension, and Brady refused to say they did it. Props. Impressed. 

Not really, he still threw them under the bus. 

Speaking of which, where are those two guys? I know they got fired, but I would have figured they would have talked by now. 

46 minutes ago, SpaceForce Tywin et al. said:

Not really, he still threw them under the bus. 

Speaking of which, where are those two guys? I know they got fired, but I would have figured they would have talked by now. 

Pats probably gave them a severance package that included an NDA.

13 minutes ago, briantw said:

Pats probably gave them a severance package that included an NDA.

They almost assuredly did, but the question is how much, because I'm sure there are a lot of entities that would be willing to pay a ton to get them to spill the beans. Hell, a rival team *coughs* Colts *coughs* might willing to do it just to spit the Pats.

Regardless, I'm sure those two were laying on a beach in the Caribbean while the investigation was going on.

9 hours ago, James Arryn said:

So, EA used a YG song in it’s soundtrack that praises Kaepernick in Madden 19, and the company deleted his name from the song. Seriously.

They are saying it was a misunderstanding.

On the list of things ea messes up ,that doesn't rank very high . He said while secretly being an ea stock holder . 

Haven't been into madded since 5 years . Their physics is shit .

1 hour ago, SpaceForce Tywin et al. said:

I know and it's just one game. They'll have to rework his throwing motion a bit, but that's doable if he gets a year or two to sit.

On another note, I hope they don't call regular season games like they did last night's game. There are going to be a lot of bad personal foul calls.

I agree , that officiating was disheartening. 

BTW  anyone been watching practices ? I've seen some of the cardinals stuff and Rosen is impressive ! Kid looks good .

32 minutes ago, Vin said:

BTW  anyone been watching practices ? I've seen some of the cardinals stuff and Rosen is impressive ! Kid looks good .

I've seen that Baker Mayfield has been thoroughly outplaying Tyrod Taylor in Browns practices, although I still fully expect Tyrod to start week one barring an injury.

Also worth noting that Mayfield already has the offense down and has been helping coach some of his receivers to learn it better.

1 hour ago, briantw said:

I've seen that Baker Mayfield has been thoroughly outplaying Tyrod Taylor in Browns practices, although I still fully expect Tyrod to start week one barring an injury.

Also worth noting that Mayfield already has the offense down and has been helping coach some of his receivers to learn it better.

A world where the browns don't suck is a world I can't imagine .it would be a new frontier if the kid pans out.

18 minutes ago, Jace, Basilissa said:

Correction: Johnny Fuckwits has thrown 4 picks and it isn't even halftime.

Always good to hear .

On ‎8‎/‎2‎/‎2018 at 10:08 PM, Nictarion said:

And otoh Brian Urlacher is still as likable as ever. One of my favorite non-Bengals.  

He looks weird with hair though. 

Agree on Urlacher, it's just not right. 

And to add more bullshit to the heaping pile spewed by Ray Ray...https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/08/03/ray-lewis-claims-crime-declined-in-baltimore-when-he-played/

3 hours ago, Vin said:

A world where the browns don't suck is a world I can't imagine .it would be a new frontier if the kid pans out.

I'm guessing they'll underwhelm this year, because they've still got the worst coach in the NFL at the helm.  I think they could be in for a Rams-type of rebound the following year, though, if they hire a coach who isn't a complete fuckwit.  Lot of talent on that team right now on both sides of the ball.  If Gordon stays out of trouble, they've probably got one of the better receiver groups in the NFL.  Just need someone running things who knows what he's doing.

Meanwhile, the Browns just traded Corey Coleman to the Bills for "a late round pick" which is code for a bottle of asprin.

This franchise keeps me going. The most telling thing about Coleman was that in the write up i was reading about the trade the writer said "Coleman's struggles have been in part due to dealing with broken hands the last two years."

Now, I knew that he had these injuries. But there is something about seeing it spelled out like that which makes me love The Hardland

37 minutes ago, Jace, Basilissa said:

Meanwhile, the Browns just traded Corey Coleman to the Bills for "a late round pick" which is code for a bottle of asprin.

This franchise keeps me going. The most telling thing about Coleman was that in the write up i was reading about the trade the writer said "Coleman's struggles have been in part due to dealing with broken hands the last two years."

Now, I knew that he had these injuries. But there is something about seeing it spelled out like that which makes me love The Hardland

Main thing I hate about having a new front office every two years is how the new guys always come in and give up on the guys drafted by the previous regime without giving them a chance to turn it around.  I liked Coleman a lot as a prospect and would have liked to have seen him be given a chance there, but whatever.  Hopefully he breaks out in Buffalo because I've got him on my money dynasty league and more depth is always nice.

Archived