The Long Night Gets its own Show!

While I won’t get into any details for fear of angering any sleeping bears, it’s relatively big news in the world of ice and fire!

There’s a show which has been green lit to focus on the Long Night and how it’s not the story we’d expect! Which, of course, we all expected!

On 6/9/2018 at 5:35 PM, kissdbyfire said:

Out of the whole bloody picture altogether! :D

No doubt. But this has me even more concerned...

GoT showrunners David Benioff and Dan Weiss have elected not to be involved; after finishing the final season the duo will transition to penning a new series of Star Wars films for Disney.

Just now, Lost Melnibonean said:

Until The Last Jedi, I was digging the reboot. And Solo is as good as any of the other movies. 

Is that the latest one? I sort of liked the previous one, although it's the basically the same story as ANH. The latest one didn't impress me at all. :dunno:

Haven't watched Solo yet... 

Back OT... What to expect of a TV show about the Long Night? Once bitten and all that, so I will admit to some fear and trepidation... I gotta say, I was mildly intrigued by this:

"Set thousands of years before the events of Thrones, the project chronicles the world's descent from the golden Age of Heroes into its darkest hour. A logline from the network teased the plot without divulging any specifics. "Only one thing is for sure: from the horrifying secrets of Westeros' history to the true origin of the White Walkers, the mysteries of the East to the Starks of legend — it's not the story we think we know."

This is obviously directed at GoT's fans, so my question is... does this mean they will contradict something GoT has revealed? If so, what? There aren't an awful lot of options here. TBH, I can think of only one. :eek:

3 minutes ago, Ralphis Baratheon said:

Sounds expensive. Giants, ice spiders, and whatever else.

There's no guarantee they're gonna go there though. It may be about-ish the a Long Night and set n Westeros, but that doesn't necessarily mean much on its own. 

7 minutes ago, Kandrax said:

Am i only one who want spin-off set outside Westeros with original storyline?

I wouldn't mind that actually. In fact, I'd much rather have that than an(other) ASoIaF-based abomination. :D

5 hours ago, kissdbyfire said:

There's no guarantee they're gonna go there though. It may be about-ish the a Long Night and set n Westeros, but that doesn't necessarily mean much on its own. 

Yeah I guess the whole "it's not the story we'd expect" means it can go in another direction.

I'd much prefer a Dunk and Egg series if they could do it right and nail the casting for the two leads. Though I could see it ending up being really corny if they don't pull it off.

17 minutes ago, Ralphis Baratheon said:

Yeah I guess the whole "it's not the story we'd expect" means it can go in another direction.

Not so sure. I mean, I don't think that logline is directed at book fans at all but rather at GoT's fans. So, to me, when they talk about the only certainty being that  the story  is not what we think we know, they're talking about something the TV show did. 

I'd much prefer a Dunk and Egg series if they could do it right and nail the casting for the two leads. Though I could see it ending up being really corny if they don't pull it off.

Oh a good D&E TV show would be so awesome! Then again, so would a main ASoIaF TV show. As I said above, once bitten, twice shy. If this show is greenlit and runs its course and it's still considered to be good (by reliable sources) once it's done, I will definitely watch it. But not before... :D

Archived