NBA Free agency 2018: Where's the King landing?

Red Tiger

2 hours ago, DMBouazizi said:

He's more Michael Sweetney than Clint Capela to me, but by all means don't let me stop you from finishing.  

You obviously are not a veteran of drafts.  This was actually on the exciting side, especially considering the talent.

I said this already.

I liked how they called him the Michael Jordan of Delaware.  Sounds bout right.

Of course he didn't.  C'mon!

Sweetney would have been a good player if he didn't gain 80 pounds after entering the league.

2 hours ago, Red Tiger said:

If Lavar was not a blowhard idiot, do you think LA would invite LiAngelo?

If Lavar wasn't a blowhard idiot, LiAngelo would probably be a decent kid enjoying a 4 year full-ride scholarship at a quality basketball program, instead of being the ugly Kardashian of the family.

1 hour ago, sperry said:

If Lavar wasn't a blowhard idiot, LiAngelo would probably be a decent kid enjoying a 4 year full-ride scholarship at a quality basketball program, instead of being the ugly Kardashian of the family.

Thank you for the utterly useless reply.

47 minutes ago, Calibandar said:

I think it feels more boring as well, to me it is because there is less interest in the top prospects *and* less interest in where they're going to.

Last year with Ball to the Lakers who just got Ingram and Fultz joining up with Ben Simmons it seemed like these were teams that could actually start making leaps and impact the competition with such new top talent guys. And to a good extend, they did.

This year the top picks seem a little less sensational and the team they are going to still look there is no turnaround coming.

Marvin Bagley looks really good, he could be a legit star, but going to Sacramento still means they are going nowhere, it feels like Demarcus Counsins redux potentially.

I'd have a little more hope for Ayton and Phoenix but still, they look set for another poor year. Dallas, the same, even with Doncic.

The reason I say it was boring is because there were no surprises. I predicted someone would trade up for Doncic, which happened. And after that, it was pretty run by the numbers. There weren't any blockbuster trades. It was perfectly predictable outside of the Sixers-Suns trade.

14 minutes ago, Red Tiger said:

Thank you for the utterly useless reply.

Idk, it was pretty funny. To answer your question, maybe? He's not good enough and would not make the final roster for their summer league team, and he probably would at best be a backup on their G-League team. It's not like they went to a good European league. IIRC, it was one of the lowest level leagues, and they weren't doing anything special. Worse yet, LaVar is probably doing a lot of damage to the youngest's chances of going to the NBA. I don't think he can play for a college team now and he's not getting proper training. I heard some scouts say he could have been a top 5 guy. That's gone now. 

3 hours ago, Red Tiger said:

If Lavar was not a blowhard idiot, do you think LA would invite LiAngelo?

I dunno, but someone saw fit to mention that it wasn't for basketball reasons. Hell, if not for the dad, they might put him in the summer league just as a favor to his older brother.

3 hours ago, chiKanery et al. said:

An unlikely lottery pick in 75 years isn't worth that much.

I thought it was an unprotected 2021. If Miami sucks, which seems likely, that could be a pretty sweet pick. But you're only 72 years off, so that's nice.

2 minutes ago, DanteGabriel said:

I thought it was an unprotected 2021. If Miami sucks, which seems likely, that could be a pretty sweet pick. But you're only 72 years off, so that's nice.

:tantrum:

I doubt Miami will be bad. The East will be weak for awhile outside of the top teams unless there's a major shake up in the next few years, and Miami's roster is decent and young and they are one of the FA destination. I'm not saying the pick is worthless. but I doubt it moves the needle in a Kawhi deal. Just my two cents. 

3 hours ago, DMBouazizi said:

You obviously are not a veteran of drafts.  This was actually on the exciting side, especially considering the talent.

I said this already.

Someone's feeling feisty. I'd just be happy if I got the player with the most upside at the sixth spot. Lucky punk, though sadly I fear your Magic will destroy him! 

I liked how they called him the Michael Jordan of Delaware.  Sounds bout right.

He's also the Big Ragu!!! 

2 hours ago, briantw said:

Like this kid already.

Hope that attitude translates. I love a player with a chip on his shoulder, and seems like he wants LBJ to take him seriously. I loved the pick. Think he has alot of upside. And, thats huge playing with LBJ.

This draft was legendary compared to what’s coming next year.

Theres a reason many of the top prospects in the 2019 class are reclassifying to play in 2018.

11 hours ago, Jace, The Sugarcube said:

Westeros NBA: Infinity War

Dr. sperry vs Red Tigerman

Nah, no reason to go into a discussion with a clown who lies about numbers and thinks Bruce Bowen would be a near-max player in this league. Im putting him on ignore.

13 minutes ago, Red Tiger said:

How would you rate the draft for the Knicks, relic?

I would have taken Porter, but Knox is intriguing.  It's not the worst draft for us, by any means, but that's not saying much. We're gonna be trash next season, regardless. 

5 hours ago, Red Tiger said:

Nah, no reason to go into a discussion with a clown who lies about numbers and thinks Bruce Bowen would be a near-max player in this league. Im putting him on ignore.

Good riddance.

Archived