List plots that could potential spoil the entire book series if we knew the truth

Frey Kings

In no order

- The Iron Bank's contract with Stannis (the Mannis) and Jon Snow/NW

- House Dayne and their Sword

- Oily Blackstone

- LF/Varys/fAegon POV chapters

- Magic vs Religion vs Prophecies 

- The Facelessman in the Citadel 

- Catspaw (JK)

- God's Eye

Your Turn

Quaithe's POV.

Because I think, that she is Shiera Seastar, and the three-eyed crow. And also she knows, that Dany's son, Rhaego, is alive. And she knows the most about Azor Ahai/the promised Prince prophecy. She knows everything, even more than Bloodraven and Melisandre combined together. So if there was her POV, then the rest of the series would have been spoiled completely.  

33 minutes ago, Megorova said:

Quaithe's POV.

Because I think, that she is Shiera Seastar, and the three-eyed crow. And also she knows, that Dany's son, Rhaego, is alive. And she knows the most about Azor Ahai/the promised Prince prophecy. She knows everything, even more than Bloodraven and Melisandre combined together. So if there was her POV, then the rest of the series would have been spoiled completely.  

Cryptic Vague Messages 

Apart from the reason of the irregular seasons which I suspect is connected with the Others, I can't think of any. Even that would be mostly setting, but it would affect what will need to be done to stop the winter. 

3 hours ago, bent branch said:

I think when we find out what happened at the Defiance at Duskendale our view of the story will change a lot.

Why do you say that? I also think there is considerably more to it, but it still strikes me as backstory made up well into the books. 

The location, disposition and POV of Benjen.

Assuming R+L=J, I think Ned probably shared with Benjen everything he knew about their sister.  He's one of the few Starks (potentially) alive and (potentially) north of the Wall.  And really, I think it would be terrible form for an author to introduce a character like Benjen and simply write him off off-screen with no real explanation.  I suspect he has an important role to play yet.

This story of epic proportions is too big and too complex to get spoiled by the revelation of a few plots.  Knowing what the Others want won't spoil the important mystery of the Harpy's identity.  And vice versa.  The identity of Bran's killer has no effect on who or why the five forts were built.  

Who is Melisandre really?  Bloodraven's continued life force.  Identity of the 3EC.  Identity of the 13 LC of the Nights Watch.   Who f)Aegon really is.  What really happened to Ashara Dayne.  Why Bran got singled out.  Who TPTWP really is/was.  Where the 1st wave of 1st Men really came from.  Why Quaithe warns Dany off everyone who can help her.  Rhaegar's plans at Harrenhal. Stoneheart's agenda. Marwyn's agenda.  The role Gilly's boy serves.  What Craster knew about the Others.  Oh gads, as @Buell Ridersaid above, there really isn't a single disclosure that affects every story in the books.  But there are some biggies that could shed some light on what's really going on in Westeros and Essos.  

On 7/27/2018 at 3:20 AM, The Sleeper said:

Apart from the reason of the irregular seasons which I suspect is connected with the Others, I can't think of any. Even that would be mostly setting, but it would affect what will need to be done to stop the winter. 

Why do you say that? I also think there is considerably more to it, but it still strikes me as backstory made up well into the books. 

The maester who was at the Dunfort at the time of the Defiance is "missing". Since GRRM has said everything about RR will be revealed, I assume that this missing maester will come forward in the story to reveal what exactly went down at Duskendale. Depending on who this maester is and what he has to say, I think our understanding of the entire story could be changed. I have considered three individuals to potentially be this missing maester; Haldon, Walgrave and Marwyn. Of these, I favor Haldon, but I am open to other possibilities.

Archived