What is the true religion in Westros ?!

Iman

A great question that i have been thinking about it for a long time.

What is the strongest and the one true religion in the world of " a song of ice and fire " ?!

Maybe there is only one god or better to say one religion in the world or maybe just maybe even all of them are existing!

Let's  check out the possibilities

( Excuse me for my possible mistakes in english!)

1- R'hllor

lord of light and the red god. Popular in Essos but not in Westros. We can easily say that this god has the biggest and the most apparent effects on the world. It seems that it really does have some powers. We saw how Melisandre survived the poisoning , how blood of edric storm killed three kings , how thoros of the myr brought Beric dondarrion back to the life and ... . According to the main subject of the books and series which is whitewalkers and the battle against them , so we can say that the story is about the main issue of this religion : r'hllor against the Great other. The existing of this religion is somehow clear but so are aaaalllllllll other religions fake?!

2- the old gods

The main and original gods of the westros , first men , children of the forest and still northmen. I myself unfortunately haven't red the books completely and I'm at the part of story that bran has jut visited children of the forest but I'm sure you have seen their powers that must be related to their gods. Also in part of story we saw lady of leaves , a mysterious woman who arya met . and she did some predictions that if you read them again now you will understand how accurate she was and how she predicted the death of Robb , Catelyn , Renly and ... . Children of the forest got fantastic powers which must have come from their gods.

3- The faith of the seven

The main religion in Westros. The seven are actually only one god and according to what septs have said one god with different faces. It seems that we haven't seen any unusual happening or miracle from this religion but it's followers is it's power because the high population of people are worshiping this god and so the population can do dangerous things. As we saw the sparrows.

4- The drowned god

The god of the ironborns. This god is an old god who has an enemy that is the storm god. We haven't seen too much fantastic miracles from this religion but it's followers got a great prejudice for it! Also drowning and rebirthing from the sea is strange enough.

5- The many faced god

We have seen a lot but we still know a little about this god. It' followers believe that all the gods worshiped in the world are a same god each one with a different face. They consider death as a gift from god and a religious matter. You all know about how strange and fantastic they are , how they change their faces and about the house of black and white and faces in there.

6- other religions

There are too many other religions as we saw in house of black and white such as the goat god , the horse god of dothrakie and ... . But it is very unlikely that they are the true god!

7- they are all one!

Some think that they are all only one great god! A god with too  many different aspects that even the faceless god is a face of it! Or maybe all these gods are one of these gods. I mean that for example drowned god , old gods and ... are all the R'hllor Or another god. There are too many possibilities:-\

8- all of them together!!

What if all of them are existing not as a a single god but each one on his own! Maybe all of them are true and different from another!

Ofcourse there are some other possibilities but i myself love the number 7 possibilty more.

What do you think?

12 hours ago, Iman said:

A great question that i have been thinking about it for a long time.

What is the strongest and the one true religion in the world of " a song of ice and fire " ?!

Maybe there is only one god or better to say one religion in the world or maybe just maybe even all of them are existing!

*snip*

What do you think?

I don't think that there is one true religion in Westeros or Essos or that the story suggests that one is more true than the others.  I would be surprised if the conclusion to these books will show any of the gods acting directly on events in the story. 

They're all "real" but none of them are "gods". They're "shadows", collections of psychic energy, the subconscious will of the worshippers focused into their king. They function differently because they are different in some subtle ways. Specifically, the Faith of the Seven was likely an engineered religion, designed specifically as a firewall against the Children and the religion they used to enslave the First Men. It was also likely designed to prevent the formation of a powerful gestalt, which is why the God is fractured into seven personas.

18 hours ago, Iman said:

In this story in my opinion there is no one true religion merely a reflection of what individuals want to believe.

Archived