Why did George give daenerys everything

manchester_babe

1 hour ago, Starkz said:

If never seen anyone say they don’t like her because she’s a women and that’s a terrible reason to dislike her character.

Of course they don't say it openly but when they  all feature "Dany isn't worthy (of IT or dragons or power) but my bro (insert male, any male) is" it's quite hard not to pay mind. Just a few years ago there was a pretty aggressive Stannis-camp that felt exactly like the slavers about Dany. After that there was the Lion-era where Tywin was the only true hero and even dead he'd kick Danys ass back to Essos.. Now we have the Frey-lovers, they mostly hate Arya. Its the same pattern.

30 minutes ago, Sigella said:

Of course they don't say it openly but when they  all feature "Dany isn't worthy (of IT or dragons or power) but my bro (insert male, any male) is" it's quite hard not to pay mind. Just a few years ago there was a pretty aggressive Stannis-camp that felt exactly like the slavers about Dany. After that there was the Lion-era where Tywin was the only true hero and even dead he'd kick Danys ass back to Essos.. Now we have the Frey-lovers, they mostly hate Arya. Its the same pattern.

Only male character who could even have the IT is Tommen or Stannis and it is rightfully Stannis right now so anyone saying some other male character should be ruler is probably trolling. I don’t think Tywin would be able to stop 3 dragons and the enormous army Dany is going to have once she comes to Westeros alone so that’s hilarious and I don’t think anyone legitimately likes the Freys.

8 hours ago, Geddus said:

4. Yep. That was a mistake, she shouldn't have taken hostages in the first place if she wasn't willing to execute them.

I never understood why she did that when she wasn’t willing to execute them but her people will be killed without blinking that she gave up.

18 minutes ago, Starkz said:

I never understood why she did that when she wasn’t willing to execute them but her people will be killed without blinking that she gave up.

She  wanted to play the tough queen but she couldn't bring herself to kill children.

The beginning of her story is very depressing and at times hard to read. At 13 she had to marry a 30 year-old savage pedophile who showed her no mercy until it was known she was carrying his child. On top of that the only two people she has around that aren't savages is her older brother, who at times wants to rape her, and yet another hairy pedophile Jorah. Maybe GRRM decided to give her a dragon for each pedophile she had to endure. 

7 minutes ago, BigBoss1 said:

She  wanted to play the tough queen but she couldn't bring herself to kill children.

She shouldn't have taken hostages then, or she'll be taken as seriously as Ryman Frey.

“I gave the Blackfish warning. I told him Edmure would die unless the castle yielded. I had this gallows built, to show them that Ser Ryman Frey does not make idle threats. At Seagard my son Walder did the same with Patrek Mallister and Lord Jason bent the knee, but . . . the Blackfish is a cold man. He refused us, so . . .”
“. . . you hanged Lord Edmure?”

The man reddened. “My lord grandfather . . . if we hang the man we have no hostage, ser. Have you considered that?”
Only a fool makes threats he’s not prepared to carry out. If I were to threaten to hit you unless you shut your mouth, and you presumed to speak, what do you think I’d do?”
“Ser, you do not unders—”
Jaime hit him. It was a backhand blow delivered with his golden hand, but the force of it sent Ser Ryman stumbling backward into the arms of his whore.”

1 minute ago, kissdbyfire said:

She shouldn't have taken hostages then, or she'll be taken as seriously as Ryman Frey.

“I gave the Blackfish warning. I told him Edmure would die unless the castle yielded. I had this gallows built, to show them that Ser Ryman Frey does not make idle threats. At Seagard my son Walder did the same with Patrek Mallister and Lord Jason bent the knee, but . . . the Blackfish is a cold man. He refused us, so . . .”
“. . . you hanged Lord Edmure?”

The man reddened. “My lord grandfather . . . if we hang the man we have no hostage, ser. Have you considered that?”
Only a fool makes threats he’s not prepared to carry out. If I were to threaten to hit you unless you shut your mouth, and you presumed to speak, what do you think I’d do?”
“Ser, you do not unders—”
Jaime hit him. It was a backhand blow delivered with his golden hand, but the force of it sent Ser Ryman stumbling backward into the arms of his whore.”

I was agreeing with you in my previous  post

15 hours ago, Aline de Gavrillac said:

This reads like it's coming from a bitter and jealous Jon-fan (and Dany-hater).  George didn't give Dany everything.  Dany earned all of the goodness that she has. 

1. Do you expect somebody like Sansa Stark to have the guts to lead a khalasar through the desert?  No way, right.  Three minutes into the hike and Sansa Stark would demand for her butt to be carried.  
  2. Dany gave up her lover in order to marry a man she didn't love, for the good of the people.  Can you expect Robb Stark to do the same?  No.
  3. Is King Joff brave enough to walk into fire to hatch dragon eggs?  Joffrey is not brave enough to do that.  
  4. Dany gave mercy to her cupbearers even if their families might be involved in terrorism, because the hostages had nothing to do with it.  Would Stannis show the same mercy?  I don't think so.  He didn't show any to his starving men.

Dany spent a lot of her childhood in the streets.  She was forced to marry a barbarian.  She made the best of  it and earned the man's respect.  She is a genius and a very resourceful young girl.  She earned her gifts.  

This

Similar to Havilland Tuf, in my opinion.  Tuf got the seed ship because he was the most worthy.  Daenerys got her dragons, high intelligence, great looks, and charisma because she is the most worthy to have the power to change the world.  Other characters are too corrupt, conflicted, biased, and partial to have this power.  Just think back to our discussion on why the execution of Janos Slynt was personal and unjust to see why putting the wrong person, Jon in that case, in a position of power leads to tragedy.  Daenerys is the only one who can be trusted to reshape that world.

13 minutes ago, Widowmaker 811 said:

Similar to Havilland Tuf, in my opinion.  Tuf got the seed ship because he was the most worthy.  Daenerys got her dragons, high intelligence, great looks, and charisma because she is the most worthy to have the power to change the world.  Other characters are too corrupt, conflicted, biased, and partial to have this power.  Just think back to our discussion on why the execution of Janos Slynt was personal and unjust to see why putting the wrong person, Jon in that case, in a position of power leads to tragedy.  Daenerys is the only one who can be trusted to reshape that world.

Figures someone would try to make this a Jon vs Dany thread :rofl:. Daenerys reshaping the world in Essos is just her killing thousands of people and destroying cities. We all know Jon was right to kill Janos and anyone thinking otherwise is delusional. We all do know Daenerys torturing the inn keeper and his child was personal and unjust as was her crufications of the slavers both harsh and personal. Putting Daenerys in power alone seems to lead to thousands of people dying but I suppose 1 Janos Slynt is greater than tens of thousands of people dying. 

8 hours ago, Damon_Tor said:

This. The villain needs to be powerful to be a credible threat.

Everyone's figured out she's the villain, right?

I’ve always and still do consider the Starks and Jon to be the villains of the story.  Jaime and a few others like Ramsay are also right up there in terms of villainy.  

Daenerys has beauty, intelligence, and dragons because she is destined to reshape the world.  Power is needed to do that.   

Others who were given their chance screwed it up badly.  Robb, Joffrey, Balon, Jon, are all screw ups who couldn’t set aside their selfishness to do what needed to be done.  

8 minutes ago, Starkz said:

Figures someone would try to make this a Jon vs Dany thread :rofl:. Daenerys reshaping the world in Essos is just her killing thousands of people and destroying cities. We all know Jon was right to kill Janos and anyone thinking otherwise is delusional. We all do know Daenerys torturing the inn keeper and his child was personal and unjust as was her crufications of the slavers both harsh and personal. Putting Daenerys in power alone seems to lead to thousands of people dying but I suppose 1 Janos Slynt is greater than tens of thousands of people dying. 

Jon was an wrong to execute Slynt.  Look how it turned out.  Give him a dragon and he would have burned down all past enemies of the Stark.  

2 minutes ago, Widowmaker 811 said:

Daenerys has beauty, intelligence, and dragons because she is destined to reshape the world.  Power is needed to do that.   

Others who were given their chance screwed it up badly.  Robb, Joffrey, Balon, Jon, are all screw ups who couldn’t set aside their selfishness to do what needed to be done.  

Oh boy. Found the Jon hater lurking the forums. Daenerys is a perfect messiah who can do no wrong and makes no mistakes and will win it all in the end right? Jon screwed up because he sent Mance to find his sister who was wandering in the North on a dying horse. Should of just left her to die and be raped and tortured by Ramsay right because that’s the right thing to do.

11 minutes ago, Widowmaker 811 said:

Jon was an wrong to execute Slynt.  Look how it turned out.  Give him a dragon and he would have burned down all past enemies of the Stark.  

Jon solidified his position and got rid of an insubordinate and frankly worthless member of the NW it’s not even an argument unless you really hate Jon :rofl:. Let’s all forget where Daenerys called all the main houses in Westeros usurper dogs that she would burn.

Archived