Jump to content
RhaenysBee

TTTNE 474 - The Thread That Never Dies But Rises Stronger

Recommended Posts

9 hours ago, Meera of Tarth said:

Yeah, they can be created at our request. I for one created the World Languages one. The idea is to have a space to practice writing in different languages, and other sections of the club for tips and any curiosity related to learning languages.

So...Japanese? I'm envious here :P It's always been one my favourites, but I only know a few words. It's very difficult to learn, but I love the pronunciation...

I don't know much about Esperanto, I once met a person who spoke it perfectly, though. If you are interested in the languages club I'm the "owner" so I could open a thread there.

Yeah, and finally they can be created! :)

I'll be studying the Master in Industrial Engineering.

Coincidentally, I am a language teacher. :P Če imate skupino, ki bi vadila slovenščino, vam vsake toliko časa lahko kaj popravim. Ampak ne preveč, ker ne bi svojega delovanja na tem formumu mešala s poklicnim življenjem. ;)

Industrial Engineering? That is quite far from languages, I excpected you would say something linguistic/literature related!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What do people think of smart watches?, I might get one to replace my blue baby g shock which is the one I usually wear, I do have a much more formal, expensive mechanical watch but I only really wear that for formal occasions to go with formal dress.

I don’t know wether to get another g shock or make the switch to a smart watch, the fitness stuff on them seems useful but then you have to charge them up all the time too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Buckwheat said:

Coincidentally, I am a language teacher. :P Če imate skupino, ki bi vadila slovenščino, vam vsake toliko časa lahko kaj popravim. Ampak ne preveč, ker ne bi svojega delovanja na tem formumu mešala s poklicnim življenjem. ;)

Language teacher! That's awesome. This last months I resumed my French and started German, although at this moment I won't be able to continue, I think, due to lack of time.

This July I "taught" some Spanish to a couple of friends from other countries. I wrote some online lessons.

(Had to use google translate :blush:) Hehe, I don't have it, but it can be easily created. I just need a catchy sentence in the language for the title!

4 hours ago, Buckwheat said:

Industrial Engineering? That is quite far from languages, I excpected you would say something linguistic/literature related!

Yeah, I know! It's just that I like numbers and such, but I have interest in many other things, and I love languages in particular.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Lord Sidious said:

What do people think of smart watches?, I might get one to replace my blue baby g shock which is the one I usually wear, I do have a much more formal, expensive mechanical watch but I only really wear that for formal occasions to go with formal dress.

I don’t know wether to get another g shock or make the switch to a smart watch, the fitness stuff on them seems useful but then you have to charge them up all the time too.

I don’t actually see the point in smart watches. I don’t see how it could give me more that what a smart phone already does, but you see texts and emails on them, which I know I would find stressful. I vote no on smart watches. But if you think it’s useful and give you more than the g shock thing I’ve never heard of, sure give it go. 

Btw, how are you and mini sith doing? Beaten the cold yet? 

Edited by RhaenysBee

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

greetings spammlanders...and newbie

here is a little something for y'all to digest...  :lmao:

...i could not resist

:smoking:

 

On 9/15/2018 at 4:16 AM, Buckwheat said:

Hi and welcome! As Felice said, The Thread That Never Ends, and that is also why the number is so high. ;) We are generally nice here. ( @The BlackBear is sometimes rude and distrusting to new people, but you should ignore that. :P)

i am a little disappointed that only Bear got a warning label...i am sure i am ruder and definitely more prone to :leer::leer::leer:

 

8 hours ago, Buckwheat said:

Coincidentally, I am a language teacher. :P Če imate skupino, ki bi vadila slovenščino, vam vsake toliko časa lahko kaj popravim. Ampak ne preveč, ker ne bi svojega delovanja na tem formumu mešala s poklicnim življenjem. ;)

Industrial Engineering? That is quite far from languages, I excpected you would say something linguistic/literature related!

Draga kraljica, rad bi slišal, da govoriš lepo, kot da bi samo prebral guglove, posmrtne prevode ... sprašujem se, ali obstaja slovenska beseda za št.

:cheers:

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, rocksniffer said:

greetings spammlanders...and newbie

here is a little something for y'all to digest...  :lmao:

...i could not resist

:smoking:

 

i am a little disappointed that only Bear got a warning label...i am sure i am ruder and definitely more prone to :leer::leer::leer:

 

Draga kraljica, rad bi slišal, da govoriš lepo, kot da bi samo prebral guglove, posmrtne prevode ... sprašujem se, ali obstaja slovenska beseda za št.

:cheers:

 

What are those things? Apart from the obvious phallus shape. 

And wait. You speak Slovene? (That’s slovene, right?  Is that Slovene? ) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, RhaenysBee said:

I don’t actually see the point in smart watches. I don’t see how it could give me more that what a smart phone already does, but you see texts and emails on them, which I know I would find stressful. I vote no on smart watches. But if you think it’s useful and give you more than the g shock thing I’ve never heard of, sure give it go. 

Btw, how are you and mini sith doing? Beaten the cold yet? 

You’ve never heard of a g shock watch before? :ohere you go :), you can get them in pink or white too.

Mini Sith is getting much better, I’m a big ugh at the moment, but it isn’t a really bad cold, we still went out and did stuff today but I feel worn out now, I will get another early night and hopefully be ok tomorrow.

Thank you for asking.

Edited by Lord Sidious

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, Lord Sidious said:

You’ve never heard of a g shock watch before? :ohere you go :), you can get them in pink or white too.

Mini Sith is getting much better, I’m a big ugh at the moment, but it isn’t a really bad cold, we still went out and did stuff today but I feel worn out now, I will get another early night and hopefully be ok tomorrow.

Thank you for asking.

Ah, that’s a g shock. I’ve seen those before I just never knew their name. 

That’s great, glad to hear she is doing better. And speedy recovery to you, that early night and tea should do the trick. 

 

I should go wash my hair. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, RhaenysBee said:

Ah, that’s a g shock. I’ve seen those before I just never knew their name. 

That’s great, glad to hear she is doing better. And speedy recovery to you, that early night and tea should do the trick. 

 

I should go wash my hair. 

They’re nice looking watches.

Mini Sith is much less sniffly now and has more energy, she has passed it on to me though!.

I’m so looking forward to some sleep.

Edited by Lord Sidious

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/14/2018 at 4:00 PM, RhaenysBee said:

The day may come when the dedication of spammers fails, when we forsake our accounts and all bonds on cyber friendship. But it is not this day. This day we post. By all that you hold dear on this good board, I bid you spam, ladies and gents of the net. 

Come and post, dearies, come and post. 

There are free (gifs of) cookies.

 

 

RB! Congrats on the win. Love the topic.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, RhaenysBee said:

What are those things? Apart from the obvious phallus shape. 

And wait. You speak Slovene? (That’s slovene, right?  Is that Slovene? ) 

Pacific geoduck clams actually pretty good to eat...

 

no, i don't speak slovene and apparently neither does google translate...cause when i just looked at what i really said it wasn't exactly right...in fact it was hilariously wrong... " Dear Queen, I would like you to hear that you speak nice, as if you only read the bugs, the posthumous translations ... I wonder if there is a Slovene word for no. "

i said something like... "Beloved queen, i would like to hear you speak your beautiful language, even if i have to use shitty google translations. i wonder if there is a Slovenian word for shitty?"

...and as you can see the translation was indeed shitty...  :lmao:

i just tried it again using exact same english words and got this...at least it is closer to what i was trying to say

"Draga kraljica, rad bi slišal, da govorite svoj lep jezik, tudi če moram uporabiti posnetega prevajalca Google. Sprašujem se, ali obstaja slovenska beseda za sranje?"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This latest translation is actually better. I was wondering about the posthumous part. :P

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, honeyed chicken said:

RB! Congrats on the win. Love the topic.

I didn’t actually win, Buckwheat did, she Just didn’t feel like/have the time to open the new thread. And also there wasn’t anything to win. There was hardly a race. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

YASSS, Finally! Yankee candle brought in a couple autumn scents and there’s even a charity campaign to support the children’s hospital with 50% of the price of the candles. FINALLY they are doing something right. (Yankee candle here is tiny and they have like 20% of the US stuff and don’t usually bring in cool new things. I mean feel free to laugh at me, but this is cool, I was just in the shop on Friday and decided there wasn’t anything I wanted to get at all, and now *magic*)  

 

and @rocksniffer oh I see. Well, you still do better than google translate it appears.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Buckwheat said:

This latest translation is actually better. I was wondering about the posthumous part. :P

They were published post-humously. After he was human.

 

less than a month 

^_^

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, HelenaExMachina said:

They were published post-humously. After he was human.

 

less than a month 

^_^

:commie:

Have you been following the news around it? There are apparently some photos floating around.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

First day of Master: checked. Oh, I'm soo tired.

 

15 hours ago, rocksniffer said:

no, i don't speak slovene and apparently neither does google translate...cause when i just looked at what i really said it wasn't exactly right...in fact it was hilariously wrong... " Dear Queen, I would like you to hear that you speak nice, as if you only read the bugs, the posthumous translations ... I wonder if there is a Slovene word for no. "

i said something like... "Beloved queen, i would like to hear you speak your beautiful language, even if i have to use shitty google translations. i wonder if there is a Slovenian word for shitty?"

...and as you can see the translation was indeed shitty...  :lmao:

i just tried it again using exact same english words and got this...at least it is closer to what i was trying to say

"Draga kraljica, rad bi slišal, da govorite svoj lep jezik, tudi če moram uporabiti posnetega prevajalca Google. Sprašujem se, ali obstaja slovenska beseda za sranje?"

Google translate is funny.

In Spanish, there are some funny translatons as well from English, due to some words having multiple words in the latter. For instance, if you're talking about a girl over 13 years old, it would also translate it to "niña", which is the equivalent of girl as little girl. So imagne you're talking about a group of girls that are young women.

It also translates many things in a very formal way. And automatic translations from google, from newspapers, are also very funny, sometimes.

Conclusion: never rely on google translate unless you're desperated or know nothing in that language :P

For fun:

https://www.babbel.com/en/magazine/15-best-google-translate-fails/

 

Edited by Meera of Tarth

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×