TTTNE 475 - for the Honour of Greyskull!

felice

1 hour ago, Bittersweet Distractor said:

She’s going to overthrow the galaxy with cuteness :D.

I just like the idea of exercise with other people, I usually run 10 miles at least 4 times a week, more often it has been on a treadmill at the gym recently but I have gone running outside too, cycling seems interesting because you can go as a group and you get much more distance covered.

Riding a motorcycle on a race track is one of the most exhilarating things you can do!, there’s nothing like hitting nearly 300 km/h before having to brake really hard to get it left over into the next turn :D.

Wow, very athletic. 

Heh. Right. Sounds like the definition of fun :eek: 

9 minutes ago, Proficiency said:

I just stubbed my toe. :crying:

That's not good. Ice it? 

1 hour ago, RhaenysBee said:

Wow, very athletic. 

That's not good. Ice it? 

I’ve always been really into exercise tbh, that and music are my two big hobbies :D.

If you want to try it I’d take you on the back of the bike, except I’ve been banned from riding them again now by my fiancée, and they’re too dangerous really especially now I have mini Sith.

9 hours ago, RhaenysBee said:

Wow, very athletic. 

That's not good. Ice it? 

Ya, I went swimming for athletics once, by accident, when I fell from a bridge...

Always remember the Nobel Prize winning scientist who said - "when I feel the need to workout, I lie down until the feeling passes" - or something similar

(although people who do it are just better people than me, so...)

8 hours ago, Bittersweet Distractor said:

I’ve always been really into exercise tbh, that and music are my two big hobbies :D.

If you want to try it I’d take you on the back of the bike, except I’ve been banned from riding them again now by my fiancée, and they’re too dangerous really especially now I have mini Sith.

Nope nope nope nope, thank you. Motorbikes and I do not mix. Also, your fiancée is right. 

14 minutes ago, GrapefruitPerrier said:

Ya, I went swimming for athletics once, by accident, when I fell from a bridge...

I understand the laziness and lack of passion for exercise better than anybody, but in spite of that, exercise is actually good for health. 

9 minutes ago, Proficiency said:

Of course. I'm not some kind of savage.

Umm, what suggested that you might be? :huh:

2 minutes ago, RhaenysBee said:

Nope nope nope nope, thank you. Motorbikes and I do not mix. Also, your fiancée is right. 

I understand the laziness and lack of passion for exercise better than anybody, but in spite of that, exercise is actually good for health. 

Umm, what suggested that you might be? :huh:

No, it is a joke but the only athletics I have found that I love are rowing and biking - and I do both regularly. That said, I do kinda wish, in the back of my head, that I could just lie around forever.

15 minutes ago, Proficiency said:

Of course. I'm not some kind of savage.

Savage? Maybe try some kava tea instead...KIDDING...LOL

15 hours ago, RhaenysBee said:

Also, only 6 days till Killing Eve season 2. The trailer looks so funny. 

And the fact that I’m signing more non-disclosure agreements at this job than a Game of Thrones actor is somewhat unnerving.... 

How is it like? I have it bookmarked to watch, season 1 I mean.

On 3/31/2019 at 11:29 PM, RhaenysBee said:

I do enjoy an occasional summer cocktail on the poolside, but I do have bad experience with cheap shitty cocktails. There was this chain-pub at uni, that offered two cocktails of your choice for... hmmm, 5 euros or something? Now everything is quite affordable here from a western perspective, and we all know uni student budgets, but can you imagine what those cocktails tasted like? Well, technically they all tasted the same, syrup mixed with the bitterness of unidentifiable alcohol.  

Yes, that's the worst, not only in taste but also for its side effects. Those hangovers...might be cheap till it's not the next day :wacko:

I also do like sangria especially when I’m on holiday somewhere in Southern Europe. Big no no to beer. Ugh, I hate the smell, hate the taste, never had a glass of beer in my life. The fartherest I ever got was a quarter of a can of lemon flavored disgustingness. 

I don’t really remember I’m tolerance level, I just know it was better than most of my friends, because they were all totally out of it while I was still just pleasantly tipsy.  In fact there was a total of one time in my life when I was actually drunk in the sense that the world was a blur and I don’t have clear memories of a few hours. Apart from that, I was always the “slightly drunk” person who knew what was up with everybody and had the control to choose whether to be silly and drunk or get a grip and go home and take care of other people. 

Me too, although I think the reason I had more tolerance was because I used to be more overweight than the others.

And...yeah, I also just have once time in my life when I don't know how did I get from A to B, or do this to that, and you can't recall some periods of time.

There are actually quite a few people from my elementary school who have kids and a couple here and there from high school as well. Also a couple from uni.

No idea about an average age to marry. And I also don’t know how old you are, but I’m not that young so I don’t think there’s 5-7 years between us, is there? 

Yeah it was really weird to see someone I dated have a child. But then he was older than me back then too, so he’s like over thirty now. 

I'm 31, at least till next month and a half. I thought you were like 25 or around? 

On 4/2/2019 at 6:30 PM, Bittersweet Distractor said:

I’m considering taking up cycling as a hobby and sport, mostly because I love exercise anyway and have been a keen runner for years but fancy trying it and also it seems to have a really good and friendly social side too, the only thing I worry about is how dangerous it is on the roads, which is why I’ve given up riding a motorcycle even though I love riding them!, I did get caught by my fiancée having a quick try of my friends motorbike the other day, she was not very happy with me :P.

19 hours ago, RhaenysBee said:

Wow I hate cycling. It always amazed me what people enjoY about it. I’d sooner walk or ride a horse or even drive to a destination before I’d take a bike. I used to cycle to the grocery store or the post office in my hometown, wow, how I hated that too. The one advantage was that the bike had a basket so I didn’t have to carry the groceries. Oh well, each to their own. And I agree with your fiancée, my high school love had a thing for motorcycles and car racing and I used to hate even listening to those stories. 

As for bikes....mmmm my approach is somewhere in the middle. I like riding bikes but only in the city. In the countryside it's just extremely exhausting and unpleasantfor me.

@Bittersweet Distractor asfor running on the treadmill, I used to do that, although right now I can't exercise for obvious circumstances. I wanted to participate on a race this weekend but it's not possible. But I much prefer walking to running. And with music, anything feels better.

16 hours ago, RhaenysBee said:

Maybe you should marry her it seems like you have more in common :P, but I get where you and her are coming from really, they are very dangerous but really fun too!, although I did see something that statistically riding a motorbike is safer than riding a horse, I’m not sure how

much truth there is to that but at least a motorbike will do what you tell it to be fair!.

13 hours ago, Meera of Tarth said:

As for bikes....mmmm my approach is somewhere in the middle. I like riding bikes but only in the city. In the countryside it's just extremely exhausting and unpleasantfor me.

@Bittersweet Distractor asfor running on the treadmill, I used to do that, although right now I can't exercise for obvious circumstances. I wanted to participate on a race this weekend but it's not possible. But I much prefer walking to running. And with music, anything feels better.

I like going running outside too, I stopped doing it so much when I lived in central London because there weren’t that many good places to run and the air was very polluted, now we’ve moved to the suburbs I would say I run 50% treadmill and 50% outside, there is a nice river path along the Thames that I enjoy, I have to have music when I’m running I get bored if I don’t!.

Also, you definitely need to watch Killing Eve, it’s awesome!.

5 hours ago, Bittersweet Distractor said:

Maybe you should marry her it seems like you have more in common :P, but I get where you and her are coming from really, they are very dangerous but really fun too!, although I did see something that statistically riding a motorbike is safer than riding a horse, I’m not sure how

much truth there is to that but at least a motorbike will do what you tell it to be fair!.

I like going running outside too, I stopped doing it so much when I lived in central London because there weren’t that many good places to run and the air was very polluted, now we’ve moved to the suburbs I would say I run 50% treadmill and 50% outside, there is a nice river path along the Thames that I enjoy, I have to have music when I’m running I get bored if I don’t!.

I have to run while watching a screen in which I run outside in the countryside :P

5 hours ago, Bittersweet Distractor said:

Also, you definitely need to watch Killing Eve, it’s awesome!.

What is it about????

On 4/4/2019 at 2:20 AM, Meera of Tarth said:

How is it like? I have it bookmarked to watch, season 1 I mean.

Yes, that's the worst, not only in taste but also for its side effects. Those hangovers...might be cheap till it's not the next day :wacko:

Me too, although I think the reason I had more tolerance was because I used to be more overweight than the others.

And...yeah, I also just have once time in my life when I don't know how did I get from A to B, or do this to that, and you can't recall some periods of time.

I'm 31, at least till next month and a half. I thought you were like 25 or around? 

It’s great if you don’t take it too seriously. Insane amount of plot holes, but the acting and the main antihero/antagonist whatever you wanna label her makes up for it. 

I’ve always been 110 pounds (give or take 3) so I have no idea where my tolerance for alcohol had come from. 

Oh I never really “teleported” (that’s what we call it), I just have very very fuzzy memories of certain things, like almost spinning my ankle in my party heels, running into some high school classmates and barely remembering it, stuff like that. I once dropped my ID in a sewer grill, and a kindly security man got it out for me. Cringe. So glad this phase of mine lasted less than two years :uhoh: 

oh wow. Why did I think you were 27ish? I suppose I think everybody is the same age as me? And unfortunately, for 4 months now, I’ve been 26. 

On 4/4/2019 at 3:37 PM, Bittersweet Distractor said:

Nah, thank you, I’ll leave her to you. And sure, I can understand that riding a motorbike is fun, it just has such a stigma with all the nasty accidents. Well, statistically cows cause more deaths than sharks, so statistics are a funny thing. 

My friend who moved to London runs in the city. Can’t imagine the joy in that but each to their own, I guess? 

And it’s official. My life is a joke. A Netflix worthy quirky-dark comedy. 

In other news, I’m watching budget home renovations on YouTube because I like home renovation and ... 

[TMI warning] 

Spoiler

I seem to have acquired a UTI and I feel a little under the weather.

1 minute ago, RhaenysBee said:

nd it’s official. My life is a joke. A Netflix worthy quirky-dark comedy. 

In other news, I’m watching budget home renovations on YouTube because I like home renovation and ... 

[TMI warning] 

Hide contents

Awwwww. :(

Spoiler

Get better, Rhae. :grouphug: 

And of course that was the link. :lol: "It also doesn't help if the man is too ... capatious."

Join me in browsing through the old pictionary galleries.

I taught an hour and a half of children's German course today. It was ... okayish? At least the girls didn't seem as terrified of me as the last time.

13 hours ago, Buckwheat said:

Awwwww. :(

Reveal hidden contents

Get better, Rhae. :grouphug: 

And of course that was the link. :lol: "It also doesn't help if the man is too ... capatious."

Join me in browsing through the old pictionary galleries.

I taught an hour and a half of children's German course today. It was ... okayish? At least the girls didn't seem as terrified of me as the last time.

Thank you, and of course, what else could the link be. 

Btw, I coincidentally started watching the CXG finale at  11am. :lol: 

ETA: and it’s completely ridiculous, but I’ll get back to that in a different thread. 

:thumbsup: see, it just takes time and you can win all those kids! 

On 4/4/2019 at 7:41 PM, Meera of Tarth said:

I have to run while watching a screen in which I run outside in the countryside :P

What is it about????

It is about a quirky,sexy,psychopathic Russian assassin with great dress sense and the MI5 agent tasked with stopping her, drama and dark comedy.

14 hours ago, RhaenysBee said:

It’s great if you don’t take it too seriously. Insane amount of plot holes, but the acting and the main antihero/antagonist whatever you wanna label her makes up for it. 

I’ve always been 110 pounds (give or take 3) so I have no idea where my tolerance for alcohol had come from. 

Oh I never really “teleported” (that’s what we call it), I just have very very fuzzy memories of certain things, like almost spinning my ankle in my party heels, running into some high school classmates and barely remembering it, stuff like that. I once dropped my ID in a sewer grill, and a kindly security man got it out for me. Cringe. So glad this phase of mine lasted less than two years :uhoh: 

oh wow. Why did I think you were 27ish? I suppose I think everybody is the same age as me? And unfortunately, for 4 months now, I’ve been 26. 

Nah, thank you, I’ll leave her to you. And sure, I can understand that riding a motorbike is fun, it just has such a stigma with all the nasty accidents. Well, statistically cows cause more deaths than sharks, so statistics are a funny thing. 

My friend who moved to London runs in the city. Can’t imagine the joy in that but each to their own, I guess? 

And it’s official. My life is a joke. A Netflix worthy quirky-dark comedy. 

[TMI warning] 

Reveal hidden contents

I didn’t really like running in the city, I don’t enjoy running on pavements that much and London is so bad for diesel fumes!.

I’m sorry to hear that you aren’t feeling well and I hope you feel better soon.

Seeing as we’re doing TMI moments.

Spoiler

No success with mini Sith 2 this month my fiancée got her period :(.

3 hours ago, Bittersweet Distractor said:

Seeing as we’re doing TMI moments.

Reveal hidden contents

No success with mini Sith 2 this month my fiancée got her period :(.

Awwwww. But I am sure you just need to keep trying and it is going to happen. :)

36 minutes ago, Buckwheat said:

Awwwww. But I am sure you just need to keep trying and it is going to happen. :)

I know, it took a few months for it to work with me, it would have been nice if it did work on the first attempt because due to biological reasons we can’t exactly do it the strictly conventional way :P.

Also I’ve had a soppy/geeky moment and ordered these:

https://www.etsy.com/uk/listing/262880417/star-wars-star-wars-gift-valentines-gift?ga_order=most_relevant&ga_search_type=all&ga_view_type=gallery&ga_search_query=i+love+you+i+know+keychain&ref=sr_gallery-1-1&frs=1#

Archived