NFL Offseason 2019: Gettleman Browns all over the Giants

Jace, Extat

6 hours ago, DanteGabriel said:

That digression wouldn't have occurred if more people had read and absorbed the wisdom of Atlas Shrugged.

See, another reference I don't get.  I've read Atlas Shrugged.  I mean, it was over a decade ago, but still.  I Do Not Get This Shit.  

5 hours ago, Tywin et al. said:

I don't think you're ready to see Jace and I's drunken hate sexting. 

Uh, I don't think I'll ever care about that there bud.

10 hours ago, Tywin et al. said:

Hey man, my team is where yours will be in two years, cap hell from a series of deep drafts. That said, the Cowboys would be making a mistake if they give Dak what the rumors say he wants (top 5 pay). The guy hasn't even thrown 25 TDs in a single season, and his accuracy is below 50% when Zeke isn't in the game.

Don't make me toss up stats to defend Dak! But yeah, can't break the bank for anyone.

The problem is other teams keep doing it (paying higher and higher salaries) and that doesn't give the other teams a choice. I mean some team signed Kirk Cousins to a huge deal even though all he did was put up stats and have a losing record as a starter (34-37-2).

How can Dallas possibly pay Dak, who has a winning record (32-16) and a playoff victory less than him? And BTW, Dak has been in the league 3 years and has accounted for 85 tds... in that same span Cousins has 91, not a big difference. TD's mean a lot more than yards especially since Dak has Zeke to feed td's to

12 hours ago, Rhom said:

It bothers me on some level that I find myself curiously intrigued...

Come play with me. 

Come play with me.

Come play with me and see.

What is under the sea.

11 hours ago, DMC said:

Uh, I don't think I'll ever care about that there bud.

We all float down here.

On 8/3/2019 at 5:06 AM, dbunting said:

How can Dallas possibly pay Dak, who has a winning record (32-16) and a playoff victory less than him? And BTW, Dak has been in the league 3 years and has accounted for 85 tds... in that same span Cousins has 91, not a big difference. TD's mean a lot more than yards especially since Dak has Zeke to feed td's to

So your argument that the Cowboys should by Dak is that he's only a little worse than Cousins?  Oof, I have seen people talk themselves into a lot of things in the name of fan loyalty, but that is rough. 

And is a 1-2 record in the playoffs really something to hang your hat on?  Maybe the Cowboys should sign Mark Sanchez to back up Dak?  The guy is a proven winner in the playoffs, amiright? 

If the Cowboys break the bank on Prescott's deal, they are going to be on the mediocrity treadmill for as long as he's there.  It'll be the Matt Stafford Lions all over again. 

Even an average starter like Alex Smith or Matt Stafford or Kirk Cousins is going to demand a ton of money, and only slightly less than the elite qbs like Rodgers and Brees, in spite of being much worse than those guys.  You can win a SB with an average guy like that, but you need to have lots of talent around him to do it, and a huge qb contract makes that almost impossible.  It's a no win situation, either you overpay an average qb, thus sacrificing team depth, or you willingly enter the NFL qb wilderness and risk being much worse for an indefinite amount of time.  And the fear of being the next post-Marino Dolphins or post-Kosar Browns is very real. 

On 8/5/2019 at 11:02 AM, Maithanet said:

So your argument that the Cowboys should by Dak is that he's only a little worse than Cousins?  Oof, I have seen people talk themselves into a lot of things in the name of fan loyalty, but that is rough. 

And is a 1-2 record in the playoffs really something to hang your hat on?  Maybe the Cowboys should sign Mark Sanchez to back up Dak?  The guy is a proven winner in the playoffs, amiright? 

If the Cowboys break the bank on Prescott's deal, they are going to be on the mediocrity treadmill for as long as he's there.  It'll be the Matt Stafford Lions all over again. 

Even an average starter like Alex Smith or Matt Stafford or Kirk Cousins is going to demand a ton of money, and only slightly less than the elite qbs like Rodgers and Brees, in spite of being much worse than those guys.  You can win a SB with an average guy like that, but you need to have lots of talent around him to do it, and a huge qb contract makes that almost impossible.  It's a no win situation, either you overpay an average qb, thus sacrificing team depth, or you willingly enter the NFL qb wilderness and risk being much worse for an indefinite amount of time.  And the fear of being the next post-Marino Dolphins or post-Kosar Browns is very real. 

No, my whole point is what you said. Teams are paying QB's who are average, way above average salaries, so when Dak comes due his money Dallas has no choice but to pay him the same and end up shorting themselves other players, which I why I said Jones and Collins will walk, in my post, hence losing talent to pay a player....

As to the playoff thing, c'mon, there are too many QB's and stats that can be cherry picked like you did. I put one QB vs one QB for stats and $$$ and I choose Tywins since it was us talking about it.

9 hours ago, SkynJay said:

Is everyone dead or are we just ignoring Antonio Brown getting severe frostbite on his feet from not wearing proper footwear in the Cryo chamber?

I was gonna mention a little something about that because I watched Hard Knocks. What a stupid and fucked up turn of events for AB. But at least he got his fat contract. I only wish he was foisting this drama on the Steelers so that we could watch Tomlin manfully pretend he doesn't care and have Roethlisberger make backhanded references to it all season.

But speaking of Hard Knocks, it was boring as shit. The most exciting thing that happened was the two first round defensive rookies rode horses. Gruden looks like he's not so much coaching as trying to play a hard-nosed coach on TV.

But the way they tried to rehabilitate Richie Incognito was abominable. They mention that he was released and didn't play in 2014, didn't play in 2018, and has a two game suspension coming up, but don't say why any of that happened. Didn't mention the trunk full of guns or the threats to the funeral home. Just vague talk about how he's under a lot of pressure and they give him some airtime to talk about how he's there to be "the best version" of himself. Fucking garbage.

15 minutes ago, DanteGabriel said:

But the way they tried to rehabilitate Richie Incognito was abominable. They mention that he was released and didn't play in 2014, didn't play in 2018, and has a two game suspension coming up, but don't say why any of that happened. Didn't mention the trunk full of guns or the threats to the funeral home. Just vague talk about how he's under a lot of pressure and they give him some airtime to talk about how he's there to be "the best version" of himself. Fucking garbage.

Didn’t he throw weights at people in a gym because they had Bluetooths and were trying to steal the government’s secrets?  

35 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

Didn’t he throw weights at people in a gym because they had Bluetooths and were trying to steal the government’s secrets?  

God yeah, that too. It's easy to lose track of all his shit.

36 minutes ago, DanteGabriel said:

God yeah, that too. It's easy to lose track of all his shit.

I had to go look up the details, and quite frankly, it’s a lot worse than I remembered:

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/2018/05/24/police-incognito-threw-weights-before-hospitalization/35312549/

11 hours ago, SkynJay said:

Is everyone dead or are we just ignoring Antonio Brown getting severe frostbite on his feet from not wearing proper footwear in the Cryo chamber?

Lot of guys get cold feet after signing with the Raiders. 

YEAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH! 

22 minutes ago, Jace, Basilissa said:

Y'all haven't even mentioned threatening to shoot up a mortuary if they didn't give him his dad's head.

1 hour ago, DanteGabriel said:

:crying:

But I probably should have mentioned the "dad's head" part. Just another detail of Incognito's fuckery that gets lost in the sheer amount of it.

Also, new topic.

7 minutes ago, DanteGabriel said:

:crying:

But I probably should have mentioned the "dad's head" part. Just another detail of Incognito's fuckery that gets lost in the sheer amount of it.

Also, new topic.

Huh, I must have glassed right over that bit and focused on the 'become the best version of himself' part. Sorry.

5 minutes ago, Jace, Basilissa said:

Huh, I must have glassed right over that bit and focused on the 'become the best version of himself' part. Sorry.

“Glossed.” We’re all undefeated now except for you, Jace!  

34 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

Must be an Indiana thing, and don’t bring a spoon to a Midwest knife fight!

Everyone I knew growing up would say "glossed over" like glassed over.

Always thought it was a regional thing.

Archived