Always Sunny Season 14: "Did they make Thunder Gun bad?"

RedEyedGhost

3 minutes ago, Morpheus said:

They are uncensored when they air, not sure exactly when fuck became okay, I think FXX is the only basic cable channel where I have noticed it so far. I remember not too long ago on AMC, Breaking Bad only got one fuck per season and that was censored during the initial airings.

Must have became okay either last season or the one before, because I'm pretty sure prior to that it was always bleeped.  I do like that they are using it sparingly because it has more comedic impact when they actually do use it like once an episode.

Like last night:

"What did we learn here?"
"That Dee's a nasty fucking slut."

:lol:

Yeah comedy central will sometimes show their roasts unedited, where they say fuck a bunch and much worse.  Only thing stopping cable channels is their own standards and practices, they're not beholden to the FCC.

Anywho, got caught up on the last few seasons, good shit.  I definitely heart this show.

The description for wednesday's episode makes it sound like Poppins will return.

Women frequenting a trendy, new salon to get their hair cut prompt Dennis and Frank to fight against a woman's right to get their hair done. Meanwhile, Mac reunites with his childhood dog.

Only two episodes left and no confirmation of a 15th season yet. :( I know it can't go on forever but I hope they do at least one more and end on something that is planned as the finale. 

55 minutes ago, RumHam said:

Only two episodes left and no confirmation of a 15th season yet. :( I know it can't go on forever but I hope they do at least one more and end on something that is planned as the finale. 

For what it's worth, the guy who runs FX said he's more than willing to do more seasons if the members of the cast want to.

Also, I read an interview with Olsen and she said she'd do the show pretty much indefinitely, but ultimately it comes down to Rob and Glenn I think.

Felt the finale was one of the weaker episodes this season. Having said that, the season overall was the best in a long time. Disliked last season, didn't really care for the one before it either so i'm delighted to see the show return to top form.

I agree the finale was weak, but I loved the poppins plot from the one before that. "There was a transition at some point." Chad Coleman is always great as Z.

For those of you in the UK I just saw season 14 comes to netflix january 19th. 

9 hours ago, BigFatCoward said:

Something to look forward during the post xmas blues. But a ridiculous wait.

Does it not run anywhere first for you guys? We don't get it on Netflix at all, it's on Hulu. They haven't even announced a date for the latest season. The only way I can stream it is to log on to FXNOW and prove I already pay for a cable package that includes FX. 

I think this season was quite good and a huge improvement over the last. TV writing credits are always kinda vague but it seems like Dennis is back but Howerton as a writer isn't.  I don't think he ever wrote a script solo but he's credited on a bunch of the classics. 

3 hours ago, RumHam said:

Does it not run anywhere first for you guys? We don't get it on Netflix at all, it's on Hulu. They haven't even announced a date for the latest season. The only way I can stream it is to log on to FXNOW and prove I already pay for a cable package that includes FX. 

I think this season was quite good and a huge improvement over the last. TV writing credits are always kinda vague but it seems like Dennis is back but Howerton as a writer isn't.  I don't think he ever wrote a script solo but he's credited on a bunch of the classics. 

Netflix or illegal download. 

I'm pleased it's apparently back on track. Last season was a big let down (though still better than 90% of stuff on TV). 

• 6 months later...

Netflix removes It's Always Sunny episode over blackface scenes

"Defend blackface" wasn't on my list of things to do today, but this seems incredibly misguided. Those two episodes (they apparently only removed one?), Tropic Thunder, and Mad Men all use blackface to make fun on the character who is doing it, not to denigrate black people.

Netflix doesn't even have Always Sunny here in the US, Hulu does. But I really hope they don't make a habit of removing shows with racist characters.  

18 hours ago, RumHam said:

Netflix removes It's Always Sunny episode over blackface scenes

"Defend blackface" wasn't on my list of things to do today, but this seems incredibly misguided. Those two episodes (they apparently only removed one?), Tropic Thunder, and Mad Men all use blackface to make fun on the character who is doing it, not to denigrate black people.

Netflix doesn't even have Always Sunny here in the US, Hulu does. But I really hope they don't make a habit of removing shows with racist characters.  

Yeah, I really don't see the problem with the way it is done in Always Sunny because you're not supposed to support the decisions of any of the characters because they are all stupid, terrible people.  

• 3 months later...

Archived