US Politics: The vote is Joe's. Signed, sealed, delivered.

A Horse Named Stranger

3 minutes ago, Ser Scot A Ellison said:

Again, because he mostly violated “norms” not “laws” it would he a huge blow if he were indicted and aquitted.  I’d rather let NY State take him down and push to significantly reform the Presidency and make restrictions on Presidential power explicit not implicit.

https://www.amazon.com/After-Trump-Reconstructing-Bob-Bauer/dp/1735480614

Also worth remembering he is in hack to Deutsche Bank for $340 million. They've been trying to sell the debt for years to no avail, so there's a great chance they'll have to foreclose on his properties. They've said it's too hard to take a sitting President to court, but the second he leaves office, he's fair game.

It wouldn't land him in jail, but being locked out of Mar-a-Lago would be superb.

3 minutes ago, Werthead said:

Also worth remembering he is in hack to Deutsche Bank for $340 million. They've been trying to sell the debt for years to no avail, so there's a great chance they'll have to foreclose on his properties. They've said it's too hard to take a sitting President to court, but the second he leaves office, he's fair game.

It wouldn't land him in jail, but being locked out of Mar-a-Lago would be superb.

I don’t understand this argument - the debts don’t come due for a couple of years, how can they foreclose? Sounds like a pipe dream for 2 or 3 years out.

eta: the like was for the idea of him locked out of Mar-a-Lago, but if it’s now his home that doesn’t work in Florida afaik.

Just now, Fragile Bird said:

I don’t understand this argument - the debts don’t come due for a couple of years, how can they foreclose? Sounds like a pipe dream for 2 or 3 years out.

If he cannot make interest payments he defaults.  If he defaults they foreclose.  

:)

51 minutes ago, JEORDHl said:

So just wait to charge him.

See Ford's pardon of Nixon. Nixon was being investigated but was not yet indicted, and the pardon was for any crimes he committed or may have committed between the start and end of his presidency.

Never challenged in court, I believe.

Archived