US Politics: The vote is Joe's. Signed, sealed, delivered.

A Horse Named Stranger

1 hour ago, Zorral said:

Without this vote Biden wouldn't be receiving hardening Secret Service protection in the air space over Wilmington and personally right now.  Without this vote Biden WOULD NOT HAVE CARRIED MINNESOTA.  The woman littlehands so vilely abused literally went door to door.  80% of her district turned out!  But the Dems and the party did not do this, and the Dems who did not win are blaming the 'progressive' sector for their losses, though they didn't do any of what the progressive sector did.  AOC breaks it all down for ya -- while being so vilely trolled.

I adore her, yo. 

9 minutes ago, Zorral said:

Without this vote Biden wouldn't be receiving hardening Secret Service protection in the air space over Wilmington and personally right now.  Without this vote Biden WOULD NOT HAVE CARRIED MINNESOTA.  The woman littlehands so vilely abused literally went door to door.  80% of her district turned out!  But the Dems and the party did not do this, and the Dems who did not win are blaming the 'progressive' sector for their losses, though they didn't do any of what the progressive sector did.  AOC breaks it all down for ya -- while being so vilely trolled.

While I agree the progressive vote is needed and Dems need to do more for progressives- that’s not true about Minnesota. I know the people behind Sanders for MN and most of my friends were Sanders voters. They did and were going to turn out for anyone but Trump. It happened in 2016 and it was baked in for 2020. The Democratic Party in Minnesota is already a coalition- it’s the Democratic-Farmer-Labor party, and MN has the highest turnout in the nation. It was never gonna go red.

And never ever ever let us forget Stacy Abrams -- who rolled up her sleeves and organized Georgia.  Never forget her!

While these lame ass 'center Dems' whine whine whine that it was defund the cops that defeated them.  Where the eff were they on the ground and spending on media and organizing?  They were just trying to out supremacist the white supremacists.  Will the gddemned Dems NEVER EVER FRACKIN' learn?  But o ho Joe and now it's all over -- armed domestic terrorist mobs enables by the cops, covid-19, the failing economy, etc. Racism doesn't matter yo all.

I am so happy that it is pulling out for Biden-Harris.  But let us not forget that everything that got us here still exists, and it wasn't white center Dems that pulled it out for Biden-Harris.

14 minutes ago, BigFatCoward said:

You people are doing a far better job of keeping me informed than the fucking BBC.

The BBC partnered with CBS for their coverage so are beholden to CBS's calls, and CBS seems to have gone ultra-conservative in how it calls things.

Not sure why, they used to partner ABC for news coverage instead.

42 minutes ago, drawkcabi said:

Absolutely not.

Their other big talking point is "Wait until the SCOTUS gets involved, they'll throw all the votes out."

Another one I saw talking about the judge in Michigan who threw out Trump's complaint said, "It shouldn't have been allowed for a Michigan judge to make that decision!"

And they had a few people agreeing and saying what a good point that was.

:bang:

They have no clue how this works.  It would make me so happy if the SCOTUS just refuses to hear any of Trump’s petitions and send him an email with every Justice in a photo filpping him off.  (The latter is a pipe dream but God would that be wonderful)

1 minute ago, Zorral said:

I am so happy that it is pulling out for Biden-Harris.  But let us not forget that everything that got us here still exists, and it wasn't white center Dems that pulled it out for Biden-Harris.

Sure it was. Without their vote and Biden's improvements across the board in red counties, especially in Michigan, Wisconsin and PA, Biden doesn't win. Lots of people voted and lots have a hand in Biden's win. Diminishing a large portion of them to elevate others is stupid.

3 minutes ago, Luzifer's right hand said:

At least he can't pardon himself. Or can he? 

The prevailing theory from the Office of Legal Counsel, as expressed back in the days of Nixon, is that a president cannot do so because they would be acting as their own judge.

But it has never been tested. And one could do the two-fer of Trump pardoning Pence for anything he may have done wrong, resigning, and Pence pardoning Trump in turn, I suppose. 

1 minute ago, Luzifer's right hand said:

At least he can't pardon himself. Or can he? 

We probably can reasonably surmise he’s asked this question, in addition to “Can I pardon myself from losing the election?”, “If I pardon COVID, will it go away?” and “Can I start pardoning other people for cash for my legal fund?”

1 hour ago, Mexal said:

Sure it was. Without their vote and Biden's improvements across the board in red counties, especially in Michigan, Wisconsin and PA, Biden doesn't win. Lots of people voted and lots have a hand in Biden's win. Diminishing a large portion of them to elevate others is stupid.

Come on.

1 hour ago, Ran said:

The prevailing theory from the Office of Legal Counsel, as expressed back in the days of Nixon, is that a president cannot do so because they would be acting as their own judge.

But it has never been tested. And one could do the two-fer of Trump pardoning Pence for anything he may have done wrong, resigning, and Pence pardoning Trump in turn, I suppose. 

So just wait to charge him.

Even the President can't pardon himself preemptively. 

2 minutes ago, JEORDHl said:

So just wait to charge him.

Even the President can't pardon himself preemptively. 

Again, because he mostly violated “norms” not “laws” it would he a huge blow if he were indicted and aquitted.  I’d rather let NY State take him down and push to significantly reform the Presidency and make restrictions on Presidential power explicit not implicit.

https://www.amazon.com/After-Trump-Reconstructing-Bob-Bauer/dp/1735480614

56 minutes ago, Ser Scot A Ellison said:

Again, because he mostly violated “norms” not “laws” it would he a huge blow if he were indicted and aquitted.  I’d rather let NY State take him down and push to significantly reform the Presidency and make restrictions on Presidential power explicit not implicit.

https://www.amazon.com/After-Trump-Reconstructing-Bob-Bauer/dp/1735480614

Oh for sure. There's no way that once Barr is out of the way [and Trump is no longer 'protected' by the Office] that SDNY isn't going to go after the Trumps. 

Archived